"Envious" Pit Bull called Nazi attacks - owner left in a pool of blood

webfact

1 hour ago, proton said:

If they are so harmless why do people give them names like Tyson, Fury, Storm and Nazi? Banned in several counties they should be banned here, and anyone who lets them near kids should be prosecuted.

Couldn’t agree more...

Now... are you copying me ??? ????

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are there ever any dogs which we usually see on dangerous dogs list in countries such as the UK ever called by names which are not ‘kind of violent’... i.e. Tyson, Ripper, Blaze etc...  does anyone name their Pit-Bull, Doberman or Rottweiler, Sandy, Buddy, Patch ???? 

3 hours ago, animatic said:

We must always let him know WE control food and never him. This works. But we also never take his food from him. Food for the others arrives separately, even if prepared together. 

You should be able to take his food away from him with confidence and ease, and he should make no aggressive tendency at all toward you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, animatic said:

If the dog saw his food being taken from him and given to a lesser status dog by a lesser statust master, he could well want to assert his claim.

We have one huge dog, but we feed him after the smaller dogs and keep him leashed till his time comes. He also is told to sit and wait for an eat command before he can start.

We must always let him know WE control food and never him. This works. But we also never take his food from him. Food for the others arrives separately, even if prepared together. 

If you think like dogs think you can control most dogs, if not you get problems.

You must always be the Alpha dog, the pack leader. If you can manage that, then you can control the dogs.

4 hours ago, animatic said:

If the dog saw his food being taken from him and given to a lesser status dog by a lesser statust master, he could well want to assert his claim.

We have one huge dog, but we feed him after the smaller dogs and keep him leashed till his time comes. He also is told to sit and wait for an eat command before he can start.

If you think like dogs think you can control most dogs, if not you get problems.

If it thinks like a dog, acts like a dog, and dogs like dog...it's  dog!

40 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Why a pit bull. Plenty of other breeds or is it a reflection of personality.

Not being nasty as I used to have a German Shepherd Dog who was fully trained to obedience, lovely dog, but had a flaw in its attitude for some people.

You never know the full personality of a dog.

There was an article on here a few months ago where a Pit Bull that was sleeping in the same bed as its master suddenly turned on him, attacked and killed him (No comments about bestiality req'd, please!) Th e dog was taken to the local temple where its master was being held pending a funeral to "apologise" to the corpse! TIT!

8 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Pit bulls are powerful, and despite any training they might receive, they seem more unpredictable than some other types.  They do have more aggression in their blood than many others; e.g. collie, cocker spaniel, Saint Bernard, etc.

Once the dog has shown its capability for destructive violence like this, it should be put down.  If it is not put down, the owners make themselves responsible for whatever harm the dog may do again--so if the dog later kills someone, the owners would be guilty of murder.

Putting the dog down is not a matter of punishment, but a matter of protecting others.  And it must be done.

I seriously doubt the dog will be "put down" as their Buddhist teachings are certain to get in the way.  Thai Vets will not for the most part euthanize any animal from my experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevc said:

"A breed some dog lovers think is just a big loyal softy...especially with children."

They were banned a long time ago in the UK for being viscous dogs.

Viscous dogs? Luxury.

When I were young I was once chased by a gummy bear.

3 hours ago, kevc said:

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are there ever any dogs which we usually see on dangerous dogs list in countries such as the UK ever called by names which are not ‘kind of violent’... i.e. Tyson, Ripper, Blaze etc...  does anyone name their Pit-Bull, Doberman or Rottweiler, Sandy, Buddy, Patch ???? 

Of course, these dogs when extremely well trained are awesome, I’ve no doubt we’ll hear from such responsible owners soon - however, there are always owners who are completely irresponsible. 

Ultimately, such dogs are highly dangerous, as such, any owner of a dog considered a ‘dangerous breed’ really should have a license to own such an animal. 

To obtain such a licence they’d need to undergo training of how to look after and train such an animal and prove that they can secure the animal and house it properly when both present and out, they also need to prove they can afford to look after it properly and have the time to care for it properly. 

I know thats a ridiculously tall ask for a country which doesn’t even enforce helmet laws correctly - nevertheless this is where we should be. 

Owners really need to be fully responsible for their pets. All pets should have a collar. 

IF that dog gets out  (I know, not this story), the owner is fined. If that pet bites or hurts someone else, the owner is fined at a commensurate level. 

IF dogs on the street do not have a collar, they should be removed (debate ongoing in another thread)..

No doubt someone like Bill Smart will come along to tell us how humans made this dog problem, how its in a book he wrote that humans are the scourge of the planet and if there were no humans we wouldn’t have these issues.... 

responsible owner of a pitbull -> the very definition of an oxymoron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"But she wouldn't be going near him again."

Now there's a surprise! If I had my way, nobody would be going anywhere near these monsters ever again - I would have the species eradicated!

Me too (you mean dogs, right? Not just the breed?)

43 minutes ago, billd766 said:

why don't YOU take in every stray dog in Thailand, feed them all, keep them all locked up safely until they die of old age.

So if you can't help every dog in Thailand, you shouldn't help any? Great logic there! So why help anyone at anytime with anything if you can't solve all the world's problems yourself? I guess we should just do away with every charitable organisation in the world. No point feeding the homeless or starting Africans since we can't help them all. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Pit bulls are powerful, and despite any training they might receive, they seem more unpredictable than some other types.  They do have more aggression in their blood than many others; e.g. collie, cocker spaniel, Saint Bernard, etc.

Once the dog has shown its capability for destructive violence like this, it should be put down.  If it is not put down, the owners make themselves responsible for whatever harm the dog may do again--so if the dog later kills someone, the owners would be guilty of murder.

Putting the dog down is not a matter of punishment, but a matter of protecting others.  And it must be done.

...in which case you will face legal problems in Thailand where dogs are protected by decree.

• Like 1