"Envious" Pit Bull called Nazi attacks - owner left in a pool of blood

webfact

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

1 million people die per year due to mosquitos. 16 people die per year due to dogs. Not all Pit Bulls. So what's the argument here? I don't see them banning mosquitos.

Looks as though you're posting misinformation. The number you quote is far higher in just the USA, plus the thousands of deaths p.a. worldwide from dogs with rabies.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities.php

• Like 2

Any large breed can be dangerous The problem is with pit bulls certain bloodlines have been  bred for all kinds of aggression and so many people appear to WANT dangerous dogs. Huge problem in US half the dogs I see walking are pit bulls now. One reason, the dog-pounds and rescue centers are full of them. The owner of any dog should be charged with the offenses of their animals cause, as if they committed it themselves. In this case assault causing grievous bodily injury. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JonnyF said:
48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So you admit the dog is a weapon.... 

Wonderfully dramatic ????.

It's a pet that doubles up as a guard dog.

And, by your own admission will attack anyone who enters the property.

It's a ‘defensive weapon’....  that doubles up as a pet.

So not really ‘dramatic’ - just calling a spade a spade. 

In your shoes, I’d likely do the same - perhaps with German Shepards.

------

But, I’d also be extremely concerned about innocent others - i.e. the mail man getting attacked, kids getting attacked if they climb over the fence to get their ball back etc... 

There is a large ‘grey area’ with this subject and it's not as black and white as many of us like to think.

I disagree with owners of PitBulls and such dogs who claim their dogs are harmless - they are wrong, just wrong. They may have a well trained dog, but a dog is never 100% trustworthy.

Those who have such dogs and don’t look after them or train them properly have crossed the line into the ‘wrong’ IMO...  

Those who have trained their dogs extremely well, loved and looked after them extremely well are at the other end of the spectrum towards ‘right’... but they should never forget there is always an element of risk with any animal and when that animal is as powerful as a PitBull with such instincts greater care has to be taken to avoid tragic consequences. 

Finally, those who are arguing... My dog is lovely, so all PitBulls are lovely are also wrong, clearly not ALL PitBulls are lovely, hence the stats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Picture of my thoughorly peaceful Pit Bull being buried in sand by my kids and a friend. 

DSC00191.JPG

DSC00192.JPG

DSC00193.JPG

as are all who are not mistreated.  

they are great pets if you are wanting a pet.  

Noted, they are great guard dogs, fighters, etc... and can be dangerous if that's the intent of the person owning them.   that is on the owners and not the dog itself.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, animalmagic said:

I can understand why the faces of humans are obscured in news reporting; but I cannot understand why the dog has its eyes obscured for the picture?  But this is Thailand.

The same reasons why any nudity, and smoking are obscured on TV and film, and alcohol is not allowed for purchase between 2 and 5pm. It is a total misunderstanding of human nature, combined with a false sense of purity. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Any large breed can be dangerous The problem is with pit bulls certain bloodlines have been  bred for all kinds of aggression and so many people appear to WANT dangerous dogs. Huge problem in US half the dogs I see walking are pit bulls now. One reason, the dog-pounds and rescue centers are full of them. The owner of any dog should be charged with the offenses of their animals cause, as if they committed it themselves. In this case assault causing grievous bodily injury. 

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni63245874

Quite enjoy this show.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And, by your own admission will attack anyone who enters the property.

It's a ‘defensive weapon’....  that doubles up as a pet.

So not really ‘dramatic’ - just calling a spade a spade. 

In your shoes, I’d likely do the same - perhaps with German Shepards.

------

But, I’d also be extremely concerned about innocent others - i.e. the mail man getting attacked, kids getting attacked if they climb over the fence to get their ball back etc... 

There is a large ‘grey area’ with this subject and it's not as black and white as many of us like to think.

I disagree with owners of PitBulls and such dogs who claim their dogs are harmless - they are wrong, just wrong. They may have a well trained dog, but a dog is never 100% trustworthy.

Those who have such dogs and don’t look after them or train them properly have crossed the line into the ‘wrong’ IMO...  

Those who have trained their dogs extremely well, loved and looked after them extremely well are at the other end of the spectrum towards ‘right’... but they should never forget there is always an element of risk with any animal and when that animal is as powerful as a PitBull with such instincts greater care has to be taken to avoid tragic consequences. 

Finally, those who are arguing... My dog is lovely, so all PitBulls are lovely are also wrong, clearly not ALL PitBulls are lovely, hence the stats. 

It's a pet that naturally guards it's territory and owners. Same as millions of people around the world have dogs that protect their property and loved ones, and have done for hundreds of years. Labeling it a 'defensive weapon' is just silly. My girlfriend and I would also protect the property and each other from intruders, does that make us 'defensive weapons'? It's a dramatic play on words to try and make your point. It's a well trained, medium sized dog. End of. There are also 6 Thai dogs outside the PitBull's fenced area, are they all defensive weapons as well? Or just the Pitbull? 

Of course it doesn't 'attack anyone entering the property', for a start he has an enclosed exercise yard attached to the side of the house where he hangs out when he's not in the house so you'd have to be dumb enough to climb into there first. We recently had builders round to build a new garage and as soon as the dog knows you are 'with us' he is absolutely fine. The builders were scared of him at the start of the job and were sharing their lunch with him and playing with him by the end. It's amazing what reality and experience can do to unfounded ignorance/prejudice.

Dogs have good instincts and if someone is breaking into the house in the middle of the night and he senses that we are not happy about it (tense, shouting at the intruder etc.) then he will absolutely protect us and the property. There's a simple solution to that, don't break into our house. If you do and you get bitten, that's what's known as instant Karma.

I agree that they need to be trained, same as any dog and especially powerful ones. My sister has a Doberman on her UK farm and he is also trained and friendly, but I wouldn't advise roaming around their property unannounced. Same goes for Mastiffs, Rottweilers, German Shephards, Akitas, Ridgebacks etc. In the wrong hands they can cause problems. Which brings us back to the original point, bad owners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A Chihuahua is a nasty little Ba3t@rd but its unlikely to do much harm to a 10 year old child. 

Sez who you?

A mother-of-two has been mauled to death by a pack of seven sausage dogs. The 52-year-old woman from Oklahoma was reportedly attacked and killed by her neighbour's dogs on May 10. It is understood that upon arriving at the scene, police were forced to shoot one of the dogs dead after it threatened them.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/woman-mauled-to-death-by-group-of-seven-sausage-dogs-94212

Travis singer Fran Healy has revealed he ended up in hospital after being attacked by a sausage dog in Los Angeles.

Dachshund Put to Death After Mauling Md. Baby

Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child’s legs off while father slept in other room: police

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dog-killed-2-month-old-baby-ripped-child-legs-father-slept-room-police-article-1.1065711

Plenty more stories out there where Pit Bulls haven't been blamed,

Edited by IvorBiggun2

6 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Pathetic.

So you would happier if a child or an adult were injured than a dog?

IMHO you are the pathetic one.

6 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Will you honestly confirm, to a retard like myself, that this picture is of a child attacked by a dog ?

That one I cannot confirm but here from 

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/dog-bite-injury?c3apidt=71700000041132092&gclid=CjwKCAjwyaWZBhBGEiwACslQo3yTKl-1WmotiKhHe5ICe_MJFRTLF8Trss36spWZ2WLCOyxywdeTARoCotgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&kw=

are 861 photos of people bitten by dogs.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-professionals/trauma/news/facial-trauma-from-dog-bite-a-pediatric-case-study/mcc-20437938

About a child bitten by a dog

Photos here

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/family-release-photos-of-toddler-s-horrific-injuries-to-warn-others-after-dog-attack-a7006001.html

Or here by a pit bull

https://www.gosanangelo.com/picture-gallery/news/2018/01/11/graphic-photos-reveal-boys-wounds-after-dog-attack/109383818/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05CHxu4WKOg

Of course you don't have to believe me. You can call all the links and photos fake if you wish to deny facts.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

At last. Thank you. Have a nice day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But a lot more, disproportionately more where Pitbulls are the culprit. 

More attacks / More deaths - identifying that other dogs have attacked does not diminish, reduce or normalise the incidence of PitBull attacks. 

A PitBull is  6x more likely to attack than the next most dangerous dog, the Rottweiler. 

A PitBull is 36x more likely to kill than a Rottweiler. 

A PitBull is  300x more likely to attack than a Golden Retriever.

A PitBull is 100x more likely to kill than a Golden Retriever.

US-Statistics-on-Dog-Bites_2-1217x1536.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's a pet that naturally guards it's territory and owners. Same as millions of people around the world have dogs that protect their property and loved ones, and have done for hundreds of years. Labeling it a 'defensive weapon' is just silly. My girlfriend and I would also protect the property and each other from intruders, does that make us 'defensive weapons'? It's a dramatic play on words to try and make your point. It's a well trained, medium sized dog. End of. There are also 6 Thai dogs outside the PitBull's fenced area, are they all defensive weapons as well? Or just the Pitbull? 

Of course it doesn't 'attack anyone entering the property', for a start he has an enclosed exercise yard attached to the side of the house where he hangs out when he's not in the house so you'd have to be dumb enough to climb into there first. We recently had builders round to build a new garage and as soon as the dog knows you are 'with us' he is absolutely fine. The builders were scared of him at the start of the job and were sharing their lunch with him and playing with him by the end. It's amazing what reality and experience can do to unfounded ignorance/prejudice.

Dogs have good instincts and if someone is breaking into the house in the middle of the night and he senses that we are not happy about it (tense, shouting at the intruder etc.) then he will absolutely protect us and the property. There's a simple solution to that, don't break into our house. If you do and you get bitten, that's what's known as instant Karma.

I agree that they need to be trained, same as any dog and especially powerful ones. My sister has a Doberman on her UK farm and he is also trained and friendly, but I wouldn't advise roaming around their property unannounced. Same goes for Mastiffs, Rottweilers, German Shephards, Akitas, Ridgebacks etc. In the wrong hands they can cause problems. Which brings us back to the original point, bad owners.

All good , until the builders bring their child into work (at your property) for the day and the dog doesn't recognise the child 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

Tell that to the people who are chased by dogs and come off their scooters and are hospitalised, possibly facing hospital bills, loss of job and income.

As I and many others have said in various posts and threads, why don't YOU take in every stray dog in Thailand, feed them all, keep them all locked up safely until they die of old age.

I agree with EVERY dog being registered and licensed plus the owners as well. In western countries this works most of the time, but in Thailand very few Thais will accept the responsibility and if it is forced on them the majority of the owners will simply dump the dogs on the streets.

NOW, if you can fix that problem, then in a few years there should be no soi dog problems.

"I've just run over a dog near your house and killed it - sorry"

"Oh my Buddha, he was from  an ex Cruft's champion litter and cost me 5,000 baht!"

"But the reason I ran over it was because it was chasing my motor bike and bit me on the leg a couple of time before he accidentally went under the wheels"

"Sorry - my mistake - not my dog!"

• Haha 2