"Envious" Pit Bull called Nazi attacks - owner left in a pool of blood

webfact

14 minutes ago, edogthong said:

That's a horrible idea. You've obviously never gained the trust of a pitbull.  They can be the most loyal and trustworthy dogs in the world.

Well said mate. Throughout my life I've had many dog breeds. I always thought the Boxer to be the number one breed until I got a Pit Bull. Wish I'd overcome my fears long ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where did this thread rip a child's face off

First person ever to receive a full face transplant was a French woman. The breed of dog that caused her injuries was a Labrador. Her pet dog. No Pit Bulls in sight.  image.jpeg.e422ab5f4473702b2ca03817775c6939.jpeg

Edited by IvorBiggun2

26 minutes ago, edogthong said:

I'll start feeding twice as many now.

Which will achieve what, exactly? Even more dogs to feed and more dogs to feed and increase the soi dog population even more.

What a brilliant plan. Why don't you feed ALL the soi dogs so that they will breed more and then there will be even more to feed and breed, which is the problem now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, animalmagic said:

I can understand why the faces of humans are obscured in news reporting; but I cannot understand why the dog has its eyes obscured for the picture?  But this is Thailand.

Glad you mentioned this. I think it's utterly bizarre to obscure a dog's eyes in the news. Next we'll be seeing a re enactment with the dog in motorcycle helmet with visor down.

• Haha 2

So what actually is the origin of these dogs which are so potentially deadly. Just I did a little search and found this:

The history of the Pit Bull can be traced back to the early 1800's in the United Kingdom. Pit Bulls were originally bred from Old English Bulldogs (these dogs are similar in appearance to today's American Bulldog) who gained their popularity on the British Isles in a cruel blood sport known as “bull baiting”.

Interesting, bred for a "cruel blood sport" they say? Well that explains a lot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

"Nazi",he said, was a strong and powerful dog, that had got upset through envy after his wife went to share some of his food with a stray dog called Whitey. 

I'm no Nazi sympathiser, but it does sound like this dog wasn't a Whitey supremacist. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

This time it was the owner of the dog who was attacked because the media said that it was envious of strays getting food

Seems it was a ticking time-bomb waiting to go off....

showed previous signs of envy over food, yet did nothing to train it out of the dog.

Glad it wasn't an innocent person injured.

Any sizable dog will inflict severe injuries if it wishes, even a much loved Labrador etc... 

you get out what you put in.

No training equals no obedience.

Do the pit bull owners on this thread live in Thailand and have homeowner's insurance which covers the dog? I don't care how great a relationship the owner has with his pit bull, I doubt you can ever be 100% certain how it will behave around other people. I'd never own this breed, especially in Thailand, simply because of the potential legal liabilities. Even if you have insurance or can afford to pay a large out-of-pocket settlement, there'd still be lasting resentment and anger towards you about what your dog had done. Why anyone would want to take this risk is beyond me.

• Like 2