Big problem with Wise. On Monday the 12th I set in motion a money transfer from the UK. My bank sent it to Wise. Wise responded by saying they'd received the money's and I'd receive my money on 13th. The money's was taken from my UK bank  but Wise have now paused it. Wise and my bank deny having the money. 

I've tried contacting my UK bank but they won't reply to a secure message for 5 days. I've tried to contact Wise by telephone for the last week but they are not accepting phone calls and they are not replying to Emails. Where do I go from here? Thank you.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

If Wise hasn't received it did you follow the same process as previous transfers? not using any links or emails

Wise have received it. They notified me as doing so and I'd receive my money on the 13th. That passed and no money. I then got a pause on the transfer. The money wasn't returned to my UK bank. I've no idea where my money is and Wise are not responding to phone calls or Emails. 

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Wise have received it. They notified me as doing so and I'd receive my money on the 13th. That passed and no money. I then got a pause on the transfer. The money wasn't returned to my UK bank. I've no idea where my money is and Wise are not responding to phone calls or Emails. 

Ah ok, confusing, you said "Wise and my bank deny having the money"

It's probably just delayed, many delayed lately, often due to additional checks. I can't find their number, someone will probably have for you to call, if they aren't answering they are just swamped

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You've been red flagged hence the "pause"

External agency for some reason has requested Wise clearly hold the money for now pending an investigation.

Assuming you're clean I'd imagine it will get released fairly quickly

• Like 1

Wise is not a bank. No money security like the 100,000 Euro insurance etc. Nothing! Dont keep money on a Wise account!

In addition: No customer support over telephone really working.

If you have an issue you have a big one with them, even by mostly perfect transfers.

• Like 1

It seems that Wise do become 'suspicious' if you regularly transfer relatively large amounts of money. My wife has a business in the UK and transfers around £50k a year to Thailand in £10k amounts. Several times over the last three years they have paused the transfers. Couple of times they asked for a scan of her passport (despite having it already). She just sits tight and eventually the money turns up. It did cause problems in March when she was buying a new car - had to borrow from me until her money arrived. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Good for you. I am sure they appreciate you helping to keep them buoyant.

Meanwhile others are getting better value for their money.

If you are using the 65K monthly deposit option for one year extension of stay via retirement, then you need to have 12 monthly deposits on time and with the proper FTT coding. 

One screw up and you could lose your one year extension at your local immigration office.

Having confidence that your 12 monthly extension deposits will be copacetic is another way to look at value. So I will stick with SWIFT even though exchange rate may be better with WISE.

Edited by jerrymahoney

56 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

If you are using the 65K monthly deposit option for one year extension of stay via retirement, then you need to have 12 monthly deposits on time and with the proper FTT coding. 

One screw up and you could lose your one year extension at your local immigration office.

Having confidence that your 12 monthly extension deposits will be copacetic is another way to look at value. So I will stick with SWIFT even though exchange rate may be better with WISE.

Understood. Apparently they have a mechanism for showing the correct coding, but I understand your reluctance.

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

so you have a "multicurrency" account with them? where balances can be held? whereas i just do transfers 

Just Sterling then I adjust the Baht amount I want to be sent and the Sterling is automatically adjusted accordingly. My account is in Sterling, they dont as yet have a Thai Baht available.