Thailand to scrap all emergency provisions as it seeks to boost a very fragile economic recovery

webfact

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It will be interesting to see how many people, particulary Thais keep wearing masks.  My guess is many will.  I still see a fair share mostly on motorbikes, but also in cars wearing them.

Old habits die hard. Peer pressure mixed with fear of something and 'the precautionary principle' probably will probably keep mask wearing going.

I just returned from Europe. Almost no one, but for a few stalwarts, was wearing a mask. I wonder why Europeans are so keen to dispense with masks, while in Thailand, they seem to be a security blanket?

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Garbage. The legacy of covid has changed the way many people now live. Moved on to live with covid, not from.

If the Thais choose to live with masks, that is their right, or are they to be denied freedom of choice.

you are in the minority with that view i am afraid. 

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

you mean spread it to someone else who won't even know they have it either ? brilliant. 

A bit oxymoronic that.....

I doubt there are many statistics of people who have contracted Covid, and do not know they have/did.

• Like 1

Just now, goatfarmer said:

Antibodies will decay. Memory T and B cells shouldn't decay with time. 

People seem to be catching Omicron multiple times,  That would suggest the infection is not offering much protection to reinfection. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

A bit oxymoronic that.....

I doubt there are many statistics of people who have contracted Covid, and do not know they have/did.

ahhhhhh

if i remember correctly they went on and on about how so many people that got covid were asymptomatic.

Just now, edogthong said:

Someone with a brain? On this forum!? I never thought I'd see the day. Good for you for standing up to the bullies. I stood my ground as well and I'm very happy I did. Some of the bullies in here still won't give up even though most people are sick of hearing about Covid. They're still shouting propaganda of mask wearing and even for children to get injected but there's no one listening anymore. 

Wooohoo for you. 

It's nearly over now, move on to another crusade.... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superal said:

Sorry to inform you that unless you are wearing a N95 mask as a minimum standard ( you never stated your mask type ) and I doubt that , your medical type mask is a complete waste of time to protect you from fumes .

I have both types at home. The surgical ones that the staff and doctors at hospitals seem to find adequate, and particulate ones deemed suitable for pollution protection... I actually bought a large number of the latter pre-Covid and still have a lot left.  Your 'doubts' come from a position of ignorance and guesswork. I am also aware the latter are not suitable wrt infection prevention, as they have positive pressure relief valves.... 

Easy to keep those just with the bike....