Thailand to scrap all emergency provisions as it seeks to boost a very fragile economic recovery

webfact

1 hour ago, sandyf said:
3 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Less symptoms than a cold doesn't seem too serious.

Tell that to the 200K+ grieving families in the UK.

I know and you know that the overwhelming number of those deaths took place in the early months of the pandemic. So now give us the number who have died this year with the far, far milder form of the virus. You know, balance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kamahele said:

It sounds like a child wrote this. What type of foreigner comes to a country, not their own and flouts that they don't follow the rules that all of the locals follow with no complaint?

If I don't agree with anyone's rules anywhere, I repeat anywhere, I will not obey them if I can find a way around them, which I usually do. But the most important thing is, I will never do anything to the detriment of ordinary people. 

If anyone cannot live like this then they should just stay in bed...

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It will be interesting to see how many people, particulary Thais keep wearing masks.  My guess is many will.  I still see a fair share mostly on motorbikes, but also in cars wearing them.

Before Covid, I would wear a mask on my m/c in dry dusty weather, or when pollen levels were high......IF I remembered to do so.

Now I feel naked without it, and I have suffered less from respiratory aftereffects of riding, colds, etc.

Thailands air is poisonous much of the time!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Wooohoo for you. 

It's nearly over now, move on to another crusade.... 

and you can bet there will be one. The pandemic made a lot of people rich, too many to mention. It is only a matter of time before something else comes along that will make people rich again. Governments the world over will be ready to pounce. Remember, you read it here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

General Supot Malaniyom of the National Security Council confirmed that a meeting on Friday chaired by Acting Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan will hear proposals to cancel the Emergency Decree.

But I bet they don't.  Power-junkies don't willingly give up their power.

Wearing a face mask has nothing to do with the fragile economy but the too expensive THB and the double pricing will keep tourists away and also the restrictions on alcohol sales

They don't understand that if there are other destinations which are far cheaper people will go there. In Saint and France is wine 6 7euro a bottle In Thailand you pay 5x more as an example. Thailand must welcome the foreigners but they are afraid that they will open the eyes of Thai people with more demonstrations as a result.  Why can in Europe almost all taxis be hybrids? It is an investment for air quality and clean energy as in Thailand still a lot black smoke cars are polluting the air. A few examples to boost economy

5 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Damn, so people who didnt get fully injected may have gotten covid and not even know it?  Looks like there was no need for them to get fully injected in that case.  Less symptoms than a cold doesn't seem too serious.

I think the point he was trying to make was, the possibility of you not knowing you had it, but also the possibility of you passing it on to someone with-out you knowing it. Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean you cant pass it to someone it will affect. Just info, not a criticism. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Why??? Still alive & never even had the sniffles.

Whether I've had it or not is irrelevant, as I've been healthy as a horse the whole time.

Well it's a good job you didn't catch it and die because if you did and someone tried to sell your body to medical science it would have been like trying to "Flog a Dead Horse"!....Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

This is probably the first time in history that the failure of a vaccine to completely prevent the spread of an infection has been blamed on the people who didn't take the vaccine.

Not disagreeing with you, BUT it might also be the first time in history that such an infection has been so easily spread by people who are infected and asymptomatic at the same time 

1 hour ago, Ginner said:

I think the point he was trying to make was, the possibility of you not knowing you had it, but also the possibility of you passing it on to someone with-out you knowing it. Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean you cant pass it to someone it will affect. Just info, not a criticism. 

My reply to @Eleftheros above sort of serves as a response to this too.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My wife this week attended a seminar, where everyone wore masks even though seated with much space between them - for the reason you describe. Then they all posed for photos. close-up, without masks, as everyone knows you can't catch Covid while in front  of a camera. Just another example of the total lack of common sense that is so common here.

I find Thai TV to be the most peculiar in that respect. Sole newscasters being masked, small groups.... even I am thinking it s time to back off with the mask wearing.

• Like 2