Thailand to scrap all emergency provisions as it seeks to boost a very fragile economic recovery

webfact

54 minutes ago, VBF said:

Not disagreeing with you, BUT it might also be the first time in history that such an infection has been so easily spread by people who are infected and asymptomatic at the same time 

Have you heard of a viral disease called 'measles'? It is more infectious than Covid, and can be spread by people up to 4 days before any symptoms appear, as the CDC notes.

12 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Good thing I don't have to pay for some dumb covid test to enter Thailand anymore.  Fully unvaccinated here and enjoyed my time in Bangkok never wearing a mask.  Glad to see I inspired confidence in this decision.

...may a pox be upon you.

Just now, phukettrader said:

Not peculiar at all if your aim is to brainwash and maintain fear in the general population. This has nothing to do with health.

I struggle to see the programs my Mrs watching as being an attempt to brainwash her.... they are wasting their time if they are! She only takes her mask off to drink her wine and laugh!

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

Have you heard of a viral disease called 'measles'? It is more infectious than Covid, and can be spread by people up to 4 days before any symptoms appear, as the CDC notes.

Yes i had measles as a child.

Once again I'm in partial agreement with you except that:

1 Measles eventually shows itself in the patient, allowing contacts to be traced whereas Covid can be completely asymptomatic, meaning that the infarcted person can spread it for several days completely unknowingly.

2 In general, (note that generalisation) Measles is less likely to be fatal than some variations of Covid.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as Thai TV presenters wearing face masks are concerned, I'd presume it's a worthwhile attempt on the government and MoPH's part to set a good mask wearing general example for the general public.

After all....

1033502402_2022-07-27ThailandVoluntaryMaskPolicy.jpg.eefd0d6dc93c80da8972ac42d9cf7472.jpg

"People are advised to put on masks in crowded or poorly ventilated places."

5 minutes ago, edogthong said:

People like you casually move on to another thing after you've been advocating to take people's freedoms away for over two years without admitting that you were wrong or giving any form of vindication to those who suffered due to your ignorance.

People like me? Have we met at some rally or something? I am still alive, in my book it proves I was correct.

• Like 1

Another new Covid subvariant has been detected and is now spreading rapidly around the world - already making up a quarter of new cases in some countries. BF. 7, also known as BA. 5.2.1.7, is now making up 25% of cases in Belgium and 10% of cases in Denmark, France and Germany.

Dr Stuart Ray, vice chair of medicine for data integrity and analytics at Johns Hopkins’ Department of Medicine, told Fortune : "The same growth advantage in multiple countries makes it reasonable to think that BF. 7 is gaining a foothold."

He added: "It’s been a while since we went from Alpha to Beta to Gamma to Delta, then to Omicron. We may be complacent. This may be feeding into the notion that this is behind us.”

Kevin Kavanagh, president and founder of the patient advocacy organization Health Watch USA told Fierce Health Care: "It is anyone’s guess if BF.7 rapid growth will continue."

Erin Prater, writing for Fortune, said: "Scientists are taking notice of BF.7 because it’s making headway in an increasingly crowded field of Omicron subvariants."

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sadly I did give in, but at the time the government was making it just too hard to live without surrendering, but at least I waited till an alternative to the "newtech" pfizer was available, and I didn't take the "booster" soon as they gave in and cancelled the overly authoritarian dictat.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/new-zealand-links-26-year-old-mans-death-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-2021-12-20/

New Zealand authorities on Monday said they had linked a 26-year-old man's death to Pfizer Inc's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine after the person suffered myocarditis, a rare inflammation of the heart muscle, after taking his first dose.

The death is New Zealand's second linked to a known but rare side effect from the vaccine after health authorities in August reported a woman had died after taking her doses.

There will always be side effects and yes, people gravely ill or dying from any type of vaccine or medicine ! 
We all saw the effects on people who chose not to be vaccinated, and those that lived, regretted bitterly that they did not listen to the world’s science. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

Dr Stuart Ray, vice chair of medicine for data integrity and analytics at Johns Hopkins’ Department of Medicine, told Fortune : "The same growth advantage in multiple countries makes it reasonable to think that BF. 7 is gaining a foothold."

And further from the same Fortune article:

"The tangle of Omicron spawns—with or without a new parent variant—could make for a rough fall and winter, Ray said.

His advice? Continue to mask and get your booster. And remember that the pandemic isn’t over. 

“There are people who predicted COVID would be over by Easter of last year,” he said."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bang saen guy said:

This got sidetracked by anti-vaxxers. The emergency decree was never about Covid. It was about controlling 14 year old protesters

Don't worry. The global financial disaster and the biggest international conflict since WWII is ramping up now. That will keep people nicely occupied ????

• Like 1

From linked article: Entry into Thailand for foreign travellers will be the same as existed before the start of 2020 with just a passport and immigration check-in on arrival

Oh cool! That also means the return of "You in Thailand too long"? Let's see if the number of "refused entry" reports starts spiking from next week on...