Anutin: "They" may have stopped wearing masks but Thais are still "naa rak" for keeping them on to prevent disease

webfact

3 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

i hate the Thai elite so much for being able to manipulate the thai population, as it has nothing to do with fear anymore.

It's very sad to see.  Especially as it now has a theme of "If you see foreign people not wearing masks, don't get the idea that it's OK to not wear masks, instead view it as the foreign person is bad.  Good Thai people wear masks.  Foreign people are dirty and bad for not wearing a mask.  You wear your mask and don't let foreigners influence you.  Hate the foreigners in fact!".

Thais seem to be going along with it as they are heavily indoctrinated.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

so until infection and death numbers will drop significantly,

10 deaths a day is significant ? good grief. in a country of 70 million hahahah 

5x more die daily from vehicle accidents here.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Is there anything this man doesn't praise himself for?

Look like he forgot the chinese vaccine debacle already... and the vaccine they give now is outdated and not the newest vaccines they give in other countries.

It really is simple. The law does NOT require the wearing of masks, neither does it prohibit it.

Therefore the classic answer is "up to you". 

From that point of view, some people here in UK still wear them, but very very few.

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

In the last two months I have been to Vietnam - mostly wearing masks; Singapore, still very common; Malaysia, mostly wearing masks.  I will be in Manila next week where I am told everyone wears masks.

Asians just like to cover their faces in general.

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic comment removed

7 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Will never understand why people care so much or worry about what other people put on their face or not. 

The problem is it's putting extreme social pressure on the rest of society. If a critical mass of people start doing anything it becomes a cultural norm and it extremely hard to break. Most people wearing them are doing so because of pressure, not because they really want to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Will never understand why people care so much or worry about what other people put on their face or not. 

Well I suppose wearing a mask is better than growing facial hair, what all the guys with unattractive faces did before facial hair came into fashion.

5 hours ago, Snig27 said:

4 people on a motorbike, weaving through speeding traffic with a deathwise, no helmets but masks to keep them safe and healthy. The total lack of logic perplexes me. If anything speaks to the dreadful state Thai education is in (or lack of it), that does.

There are reasons why Thailand has a below average IQ, and that is one of them.

4 hours ago, phukettrader said:

Me too. I could never understand why I got so much s**t for deciding not to wear one.

Out in rural Kamphaeng Phet I don't wear one and less Thais are wearing them too. I carry one and use it in Kbank, BigC, Makro and Global House but rarely elsewhere.

The only comment I have had was the KBank security guard asking me to put it on. I had just walked in the door.

40 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Thais near to you in enclosed spaces will be uncomfortable if you're not wearing a mask. It's not our country and if that's the way the Thai people feel we should go along with them, out of politeness if nothing else

That’s how I feel as well, and it’s the reason why my first overseas trip from Australia after more than 2 years will be to Rio, followed by another holiday in Europe (direct flight), rather than back to my condo in Thailand.

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Out in rural Kamphaeng Phet I don't wear one and less Thais are wearing them too. I carry one and use it in Kbank, BigC, Makro and Global House but rarely elsewhere.

The only comment I have had was the KBank security guard asking me to put it on. I had just walked in the door.

I would just have ignored him.

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I would just have ignored him.

I didn't because he simply requested that I put it on, so I did.

His instructions probably came from the local or provincial manager via head office.

He is merely doing his job which I can understand and why I put the mask on. If I had not they would either have given me a mask, told me to get one or asked me to leave.

It is no hassle for me for 10 or 15 minutes, as it is only the bank in the village which enforces it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LetsGoJoe said:

A 'mask-formation' in late 2022 is bazaar....to say the least.????

There is NO biological crisis, but sure as hell a psychological and social crisis is being reflected right before our eyes, it's wildly bazaar!. mid-Sept. and just beginning to show some resolve.

Is this what 'mass-formation' looks like?

I'm finding it increasingly annoying though and somewhat un-nerving as the usual masked-stink-stares I get as an unmasked-foreigner range from zombie-like bewilderment to brow-beating animosity. This amount of 'anxiety' floating about the psychic-landscape can apparently reach a tipping-point leading to some form of release...I don't want to be that easy and justifiable "target" for societies inevitable psychotic-break! ???? I'm keeping a lower-than-normal profile while out and about.
This has changed my whole picture(illusion) I formed of Thai-people and Thailand in general.

I went to town for the first time in months last Friday and witnessed the bazaar parallel-reality of the 'no-mask' tourist crowd (plenty here now) and the fully-masked local Thai population, moving about and apparently invisible to each other.

2+2=4 / 2+2=5....."same, same BUT different" ????????

ba·zaar "a market in a Middle Eastern country."
bizarre "very strange or unusual, especially so as to cause interest or amusement."
Warning - Grammar Police at work! ???? 
  • Haha 1