Anutin: "They" may have stopped wearing masks but Thais are still "naa rak" for keeping them on to prevent disease

webfact

And how many Thai's are dead because of his Siam Bioscience delay/reliance. This xenophobe who needs tourism and retirees money is a hypocrite. If Thailand is so special why did his daddy pay for his foreign schooling? He might be credible if he wasn't such a  corrupt suck up as a politician. Then again it fits his role. Note that I do appreciate his ganja initiatives yet exposes how much he could do it he wasn't so deferential to his class view of human worth. Generally I like the can do efforts of engineers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

There's absolutely no way there's under 1000 per day.

They may be testing and finding 1000 but we all know this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Well, all nations report the numbers and they are compiled by Worldometer. I have found it to be an accurate gauge of what is happening. After all, when the cases were skyrocketing here, and in the US, they were reported, and counted.

I do not know anyone with Covid right now. I have friends who work in the local hospitals, and they have not seen a covid case in some time. It is possible that the current strain is so weak, no hospitals are required. 

The tip of the iceberg? Is that a guess? Do you have anything to back that up? Worldwide, the numbers are dropping precipitously.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes, and it all has to do with the fact that 99% of Thai people are wearing masks  even though are allowed not too, and mind you, many of the people has got only 2 shots, not 4 as it should be, so until infection and death numbers will drop significantly, i say continue to wear masks...

The numbers ARE dripping significantly. Have you been following them, around the world and here? This thing is going away. Why can't some just face that? Is the end of a crisis so hard to embrace?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The CCSA is being disbanded and visitors to Thailand will no longer have to have vaccinations or ATK tests from the end of next week.

does that mean Chinese can come..... hummmmmm that doesn't sound so good anymore

3 hours ago, Exilerunner said:

Each of us need to evaluate their own risk to wear a (N95) mask indoors. But the reason Thais are wearing masks outdoors (other than the pollution) is simply fear mongering.

Not really. It’s the sheepish mentality based on their education. Follow until a leader gives 100% clear instructions. „Up you you“ like it’s now = continue following.

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced and unsubstantiated claim removed
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

but here, in Maskland.......expect to wear your mask for the next five years.  or longer.  

Read forever, as:

"We have to remember that wearing masks is not just a preventative measure for Covid but protects people against resipratory and gastrointestinal diseases too", he noted.

And I have no doubt at all that many will wear one until they die anyway.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

With daily average of 750-800 COVID infection in this country the right thing to do is still were the masks as i have witnessed my closest friend whom are all vaxxed getting it just the other week...

Doesn't it depend on the location and conditions?  Thais are still wearing masks outside and nowhere near any other people.

Funny.  I actually decided to carry my mask rather than wearing it to get from home to the supermarket this morning.  I passed an older Thai woman with who I assume was her daughter.  I tried to keep my distance but still the old woman moved her mask from under her nose to over it when she saw me.  She then stopped and seemed to be giving her daughter a lecture, possibly about me given the body language.  I guess they had been listening to Anutin and she was explaining how right he was and how bad foreigners are.

Very sad.  Kind of makes you wonder if this is the effect of covid, or if covid happens to have tapped into a strong anti-foreigner/Thai supremacy sentiment that has always been there.

Edited by BangkokReady

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The tip of the iceberg? Is that a guess? Do you have anything to back that up? Worldwide, the numbers are dropping precipitously.

It's not a guess, it's already been reported. If the following is in any way true, and I can believe that it is then 1000 per day is absolutely the tip of the iceberg and that's what I'm basing it on.

Assuming the 60% (lower bound reported) of the population which is about 70 Million, that would be 42 million infections.

Now they mention it's particularly the Omicron variant which is new so we can forget about the first couple of years which pre dates Omicron.

So a good chunk of this 42 million would have been infected with Omicron - recently.

With that level of spread it didn't disappear overnight, less people are reporting for tests and the same thing is happening all over the world.