Anutin: "They" may have stopped wearing masks but Thais are still "naa rak" for keeping them on to prevent disease

webfact

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Dirty foreigners.

Anutin IS the minister of Public Health.

These are his own words.

From the Thai ministry of public health.

03 Feb 2022 

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220203155951127

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/tag/face-masks/

From Thursday June 23, the wearing of face masks outdoors and in public places is no longer mandatory and people are free to choose whether to wear one, according to an announcement published in the Royal Gazette yesterday.

The relaxation is in line with the improvement in the COVID-19 situation, which has seen the number of new infections, severe cases and fatalities steadily decline in recent weeks, enabling people to resume a life close to normal.

Although mask wearing is voluntary, the Ministry of Public Health recommends that people consider the benefits of wearing them, which can reduce the risks of contracting COVID-19 or other respiratory diseases when they are in a crowded venue, where air circulation is poor or where social distancing is not possible.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/anutin-says-no

BANGKOK: Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has confirmed that there are no laws forcing people to wear face masks, but he also sought cooperation from all parties, including Thai citizens and overseas tourists, in order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.

It's a personal choice. Wear it if you want to, ditch it if you don't. No need to make it into a 'national agenda' and certainly no need to preach about it. Move on, please. 'Na-rak' you're certainly not. "Ootja-rak' (อุจจาระ) more like.

Edited by outsider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

With daily average of 750-800 COVID infection in this country the right thing to do is still were the masks as i have witnessed my closest friend whom are all vaxxed getting it just the other week...

Because they are vaccinated 

Will this clown ever shut up???!! It was YOU, „Mr 7x vaxed“, who went to Europe and didn’t give a <deleted>** about wearing a mask. 

i hate the Thai elite so much for being able to manipulate the thai population, as it has nothing to do with fear anymore. If there was a clear statement that masks (at least outdoors) are not necessary at all, guess what? Thai People would stop wearing them immediately. 

however this „up to you“ mask situation is nothing else than „wear it to until we stop telling you“. I pity the average Thai for just following blindly, but I don’t judge them , as it’s all about how they are educated since they are born.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

4 people on a motorbike, weaving through speeding traffic with a deathwise, no helmets but masks to keep them safe and healthy. The total lack of logic perplexes me. If anything speaks to the dreadful state Thai education is in (or lack of it), that does.

The thought of a 20,000 baht fine for no mask as opposed to a 300/500 baht fine for no helmet may have something to do with it! ???? 

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

He is supposed to be concerned for people's Health; yet never says a word to promote the use of Helmets when riding on Motorbikes; using Seatbelts in Cars or Drink Driving habits that cause the Death of many.   Of course; there is no money in those subjects but promoting the wearing of Masks no doubt brings in revenue !

He is pretty vocal about Cannabis! I wonder why? ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sandrew33 said:

It’s because in Thailand it largely remains a community enforced thing, not really a choice at all. You are a “bad Thai” if you don’t wear one. 

Of course Anutins mates, and every Thai I know, take them off as soon as they leave Thailand. It’s not really about safety now it’s about appearances. 

See how few Thais wear them in “non-Thai” establishments.  

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

50 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

4 people on a motorbike, weaving through speeding traffic with a deathwise, no helmets but masks to keep them safe and healthy. The total lack of logic perplexes me. If anything speaks to the dreadful state Thai education is in (or lack of it), that does.

They don't do it "to stay safe and healthy", they do it mindlessly because everybody else is doing it. There is nothing more to it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

It's been  years, and people STILL tighten their mask when I, the falang, walk by.

You have chosen the Mask.  LOS is Mask.   You no like no like, go home to no-mask country.

but here, in Maskland.......expect to wear your mask for the next five years.  or longer.  

If masks are not ditched there will be no economic recovery.

..and yes..in the primitive Thai brain, farang=covid.

Occasionally if some Thai (woman always) tightens her mask in my presence, I have a coughing fit in her general direction.

Solly naa...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1