How many Baht is the monthly payment to the 30Baht health scheme for foeigners who have continued private payments to the fund?

scorecard

Several times members have shared that on resigning from a Thai company they have been able to contine private payment to contine their 30Baht health fund membership.

I think I recall an amount of 543Baht a month paid direct to the fund.

Can members who are in this situation please share the correct monthly amount and other relevant information (E.g. does this bring coverage for both outpatients and inpatients fees

Also I'm not sure if I am using the correct words / correct fund name etc. Would you please correct my words as needed.

Thanks.

• Like 1

This is not the 30 baht scheme. it is the social security scheme. Likewise provides complete health cover, but a different scheme.

The monthly fee depends on income but I think for most people is around 400 - 600 baht. There is a maximum and I think that is around 650 baht (approx - others can give exact).

It covers both inpatient and outpatient, including medications so without question an excellent deal.

12 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This is not the 30 baht scheme. it is the social security scheme. Likewise provides complete health cover, but a different scheme.

The monthly fee depends on income but I think for most people is around 400 - 600 baht. There is a maximum and I think that is around 650 baht (approx - others can give exact).

It covers both inpatient and outpatient, including medications so without question an excellent deal.

Thank you Dr. Sheryl.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Is it possible for a non working (never worked) foreigner to pay into this scheme and get cover? Given that a foreigner no longer working can.

18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Is it possible for a non working (never worked) foreigner to pay into this scheme and get cover? Given that a foreigner no longer working can.

no. Only those who have already been covered under it through employment -- and these must elect to maintain payments within 6 months after they stop work or they lose it permanently

• Thanks 1