PM Prayut Still Holds Office

snoop1130

On 9/30/2022 at 6:43 AM, pomchop said:

Surprise surprise....is this the same court that approved of a coup taking power in the middle of the night while taksin was away at a UN meeting and then found taksin guilty of all sorts of charges?

The problem with dictators is that they get a whiff of the $$ and power and fame and are not the least bit interested in that little thing called "democracy".

Taksin and the General support democracy but only if their party wins and hangs on to power

On 9/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, monkfish said:

Thai people only have themselves to blame as they voted for the current constitution and even voted for this government so no sympathy from me any more.

really???? every day people did not vote on the constitution.

You really think the elections are fair? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2022 at 4:49 AM, edwinchester said:

I guess that when Taksin Shinawatra returns he can now have another two 4 year terms then. That'll upset a few of the more rabid in Govt.

I'm sure he'll return after the 2008 Beijing Olympics are over, just like he promised.

:cheesy:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pinot said:

I've always been a big supporter of the General. I think he's done a good job and would probably be reelected today with a big majority. 

The alternative is Thaksin or even worse Yingluck, a couple of incompetent crooks that bought themselves into power. Let's not forget that Prayut came to power because there was complete anarchy. The General offered to broker the deal but the two sides were incapable of anything except more anarchy. It's been peaceful with FAR less corruption than when he took over. He hope he rules forever. 

My Thai wife loves the new Bangkok Mayor by the way, but he doesn't have a national party that could run the country. Thais are bad at democracy. My General has been a satisfying alternative. They just legalized ganja for Buddha sake! And legalized abortion this week. This guy is best liberal dictator a country can have! I don't understand the whinging that goes on here about him. Again, there is no viable alternative. 

He has rigged future elections and nobbled any serious opposition , and you support him , incredible !