Joe Biden’s latest gaffe plays right into Republicans’ hands

Scott

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure that you know that the only accurate poll is the election, and 2 years out it is  too soon to be speculating about who will stand for POTUS.

SO you have a problem with my post but not the post that it was in response to. I think we know why that is. In the bag for Trump much? Here's that bizarre over-the-top post again:

image.png.2a710873d6b7716122a7cf809d0563c6.png

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So strange, then, that the world enjoyed four years of relative peace, whilst this "dumb idiot" was the  President. That sense of peace, of course, has now gone, with the arrival of the new "smart" POTUS. ????  

Superstitious behavior often springs from the logical fallacy known as Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: 'after this, therefore because of this') is an informal fallacy that states: "Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X." It is often shortened simply to post hoc fallacy. So it's not surprising that you would seriously invoke this since so many of Trump's admirers think he's magic.

38 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So strange, then, that the world enjoyed four years of relative peace, whilst this "dumb idiot" was the  President. That sense of peace, of course, has now gone, with the arrival of the new "smart" POTUS. ????  

And I'm sure you have convinced yourself that those four years of relative peace were because of this dumb idiot trump. And of course that the Russian invasion of Ukraine was the fault of Biden – – – some very faulty logic there, but then again that's natural for someone who supports trump.

No rhyme nor reason nor logic in the argument you have, but then again, those who drink the Kool-Aid seem to be of the same ilk.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:48 PM, ullman said:

No, he was not.

He was off script and displaying his typical & frequent cognitive failures. His press sec confirmed there was no mistakes on the teleprompter.

He gaffed, end of story.

Nobody is responsible except Biden.

I guess you have never had a lapse of memory, to be so strident about it.

Biden haters will jump all over unimportant gaffes to distract attention away from the fact he is getting America back on the rails after 4 years of Trump chaos. He has a team of professionals helping him, unlike the toadies Trump preferred.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I guess you have never had a lapse of memory, to be so strident about it.

Biden haters will jump all over unimportant gaffes to distract attention away from the fact he is getting America back on the rails after 4 years of Trump chaos. He has a team of professionals helping him, unlike the toadies Trump preferred.

You must have an amazing memory if you can recall and explain this imagined 4 years of Trump chaos. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

And I'm sure you have convinced yourself that those four years of relative peace were because of this dumb idiot trump. And of course that the Russian invasion of Ukraine was the fault of Biden – – – some very faulty logic there, but then again that's natural for someone who supports trump.

No rhyme nor reason nor logic in the argument you have, but then again, those who drink the Kool-Aid seem to be of the same ilk.

So you concede that there were four years of relative peace? Good. I guess Trump is just lucky.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine came after those 4 years and caused by Putin. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You must have an amazing memory if you can recall and explain this imagined 4 years of Trump chaos. 

My memory is good enough to recall I put you on ignore for lacking good manners, and I see nothing has changed.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So you concede that there were four years of relative peace? Good. I guess Trump is just lucky.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine came after those 4 years and caused by Putin. 

Far from deterring Putin, Trump did the opposite. Thanks to Trump, Putin was able to take advantage of a period of apparent detente during which Trump actually pursued Putin’s own policies of weakening NATO and democracy and destabilizing the West — leaving Putin free to prepare his war against the free people of Ukraine and their democratically elected government.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/02/putin-invade-ukraine-trump-00012897

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Far from deterring Putin, Trump did the opposite. Thanks to Trump, Putin was able to take advantage of a period of apparent detente during which Trump actually pursued Putin’s own policies of weakening NATO and democracy and destabilizing the West — leaving Putin free to prepare his war against the free people of Ukraine and their democratically elected government.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/02/putin-invade-ukraine-trump-00012897

A poor piece that falsely accuses, assumes and guesses without proving or explaining anything.    

How did Trump weaken NATO and destabilize the west?

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

"You guys" hardly implies you as an individual.  

Again just STOP it.

Your first and third sentences said you NOT you guys.

You most certainly were BAITING me personally. Everyone can see that. 

Your attempt at plausible deniability was implausible. 

I am not the topic. Capiche.

Edited by Jingthing

48 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More examples of a kind of amazing memory.

Or more examples of his trolling technique: have other posters lose their time looking for references, while spending the strict minimum of time on writing comments.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not ageist at all. Consider that John McCain was widely called "too old" at 72 when he ran for president.  Think honestly for a minute- do you think that YOU, as a fellow 79 year old, would be up to the job of President? 

Not saying that Biden is a 24 hour basket case. He does have moments of clarity and brief spurts of energy. But they are interspersed with more and more periods of confusion and cognitive shut down. I don't think Reagan or Eisenhower ever tried to shake hands with a ghost, or repeatedly could not find their way off a podium, or dodged the press to the extent that Biden does. 

And as usual, it's B.S.!

"Biden was gesturing toward his audience, not shaking hands with “thin air”

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/apr/19/facebook-posts/biden-was-gesturing-towards-his-audience-not-shaki/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Or more examples of his trolling technique: have other posters lose their time looking for references, while spending the strict minimum of time on writing comments.

No trolling. No technique. On several occasions when I have asked straight questions I have been accused  of baiting/trolling etc. Seems to be a pet tactic (or to avoid answering at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Biden, Bush, Trump, it's all junk. I can't understand how communities can be so staunchly opposed to each other when it comes to politics. In the end, it won't make you any better. Whether you're a D or an R, you're the loser as long as you allow politics to tear the community apart. Form a collective against any political group. Then you can make your country a better place.

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

SO you have a problem with my post but not the post that it was in response to. I think we know why that is. In the bag for Trump much? Here's that bizarre over-the-top post again:

image.png.2a710873d6b7716122a7cf809d0563c6.png

I addressed your post as a stand alone about polls.

Do you disagree that the only accurate poll is the election, and that it's far too soon to be considering who the candidates for POTUS will be?

5 hours ago, peter zwart said:

Biden, Bush, Trump, it's all junk. I can't understand how communities can be so staunchly opposed to each other when it comes to politics. In the end, it won't make you any better. Whether you're a D or an R, you're the loser as long as you allow politics to tear the community apart. Form a collective against any political group. Then you can make your country a better place.

It's called divide and rule. Been practiced since the Roman Empire existed. If people were united, it would be "difficult" for the ruling "class" ( ie professional politicians living a cushy life at other people's expense ) to get away with the bad things they do eg starting wars in which the voters get to die in large numbers.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I suggest you check out the speeches Biden has made when dealing with crises such as Ukraine, he came across as cogent and focused. 

Reagan and Eisenhower both were known to be nodding off in their second terms, no-one cared particularly because they had professional support staff.

Trump is 76, his only talent as a politician is dog-whistling the fears and prejudices of a support base that is too dumb to realize he is just using them.

I am 79 too, and I am getting tired of this ageist garbage.

Did Biden write those speeches himself?

If not, all he has to do is be able to read a teleprompter.

Trump isn't the topic despite attempts to make it so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, candide said:

And as usual, it's B.S.!

"Biden was gesturing toward his audience, not shaking hands with “thin air”

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/apr/19/facebook-posts/biden-was-gesturing-towards-his-audience-not-shaki/

Is that all you have to excuse him for trying to call a dead person?

• Love It 1