Joe Biden’s latest gaffe plays right into Republicans’ hands

Scott

18 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

What a horrid meandering word salad.  It is clear that when Joe goes off script, he goes waaaaaaay off script. I am sure all his Puerto Rican amigos used to call him "Jose"...  

No, they call him "el gringo" ????

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Trump is in a world of trouble legally, apart from the current investigation"

Apart from the current FBI "investigation", what is the "world of trouble" he is in legally?

"...a hard core Trump supporter".

In your mind, is there something wrong with those who choose to support Trump?   

Absolutely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

That's the outcome of a pathological liar with a compulsive or habitual tendency to lie; no one believe him to be telling the truth. 

Gaffes are easily forgotten. No big deal. 

I'm sure the GOP won't be letting anyone forget Biden's gaffes if he does decide to run again in '24.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

14 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Come on man.  Trump made gaffes constantly, many of which were much worse.  The injecting bleach, nice people on both sides, believing Putin over his own intel agencies, shthole countries, buying Greenland....and that's just off the top of my head.  Trump was far, far worse.

LOL, it's not a question of someone else being "worse", is it? It's a question if Biden is fit to be president ( which is more on topic than Trump )?

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL, it's not a question of someone else being "worse", is it? It's a question if Biden is fit to be president ( which is more on topic than Trump )?

At election times it's always a question of choosing the least worse choice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Trump called the countries that immigrants to the US come from as "<deleted>hole countries", thus insulting the backgrounds of every US immigrant.

He was referring to Haiti and other similar Countries and he wasn't referring to every immigrant to the USA

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

What a horrid meandering word salad.  It is clear that when Joe goes off script, he goes waaaaaaay off script. I am sure all his Puerto Rican amigos used to call him "Jose"...  

1 hour ago, metisdead said:

A post with a trolling video from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed as well as the replies.  

Hopefully this source is acceptable.  If the Republicans are going to criticize Biden's gaffes, I think it only fair that these gaffes be compared to the leader of the Republican Party, who goes way beyond gaffes into total incoherence.  So:

“It definitely doesn’t help that so often what Trump says is complete nonsense,” said Oliver. “We often read transcripts of Trump’s speeches, and it’s something that everyone should actually do once in a while. When you strip away his blindingly confident delivery and just read his words, it is staggering how incoherent he is.”  https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/13/john-oliver-trump-an-iphone-would-be-a-more-coherent-president

John Oliver's claim is well supported by the source, as is his conclusion:

“An iPhone would be a more coherent president of the United States.”

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's quite funny that the only defense of biden is.......but, but look at Trump.

Its quite funny that the "But, but, but....Hunter Biden's laptop!" crowd is complaining about whattaboutism.

However, as noted earlier, since the topic is about how the Republicans are reacting to Biden's gaffes, comparisons between the two party leaders communication abilities are legitimate.

Edited by heybruce
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its certainly funny that some prominent posters have made this thread their home due to their hatred of Biden, forgetting that Trump was much worse when rambling off script. 

This is literally a thread about biden gaffes. And all you can think of is Trump. I for one don't hate biden nor do I think many here do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is literally a thread about biden gaffes. And all you can think of is Trump. I for one don't hate biden nor do I think many here do.

Nope.

It's only fair and balanced that Biden's gaffes be measured against  at this point his most likely opponent Mr. Trump.

Biden has been well known as a gaffe machine his entire political career but overall the man has proven to have good intentions to serve his country and promote democracy.

Compared to Trump the insurrectionist lover of Putin who has a record of toxic unhinged non sensensical racist and toxic statements.

It is fair to question the fitness of both of them to serve though.

It's clear majorities would rather that the nominees be different people.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nope.

It's only fair and balanced that Biden's gaffes be measured against  at this point his most likely opponent Mr. Trump.

Biden has been well known as a gaffe machine his entire political career but overall the man has proven to have good intentions to serve his country and promote democracy.

Compared to Trump the insurrectionist lover of Putin who has a record of toxic unhinged non sensensical racist and toxic statements.

Actually, I think Biden should be measured against himself. As you say, he has always had "gaffes" and been a bit of a BS artist, as are all politicians. However, what is happening lately has gone beyond simple "oopsies" and become actual signs of  serious mental decline.  Biden also has more than his fair share of racially inappropriate comments, from telling black people that the GOP wants to "put y'all back in chains" to "you ain't black" if they don't vote Democrat. 

We do agree that two new candidates would be infinitely preferable to a rerun of When Grandpas Fight 2020 Edition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Nope.

Come on man. The thread isn't about Trump, whether you want it to be or not.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its certainly funny that some prominent posters have made this thread their home due to their hatred of Biden, forgetting that Trump was much worse when rambling off script. 

Pot calling...Biden fans invariably react to Biden gaffe topics with immediate hateful attacks on Trump and that's because they can't defend hero Joe.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2022 at 12:44 PM, Hanaguma said:

I provide Trump's complete answer to one question and a link to the entire interview transcript for those who cared to read it.  My reply was factual.  It is also a fact that I'm not allowed to post the entire transcript of the interview.

Trump said many contradictory things, as usual.  That allows him to disavow the consequences of his words.  You know, saying stuff like "fight like hell" but also "peacefully" in an otherwise inflammatory speech.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 1