Joe Biden’s latest gaffe plays right into Republicans’ hands

Scott

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is literally a thread about biden gaffes. And all you can think of is Trump. I for one don't hate biden nor do I think many here do.

I love Joe....he's just the wrong man for the job. ????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Pot calling...Biden fans invariably react to Biden gaffe topics with immediate hateful attacks on Trump and that's because they can't defend hero Joe.  

Well actually i was not referring to you but since you've identified with it then sure you can be added to one of those I was referring to

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Come on man. The thread isn't about Trump, whether you want it to be or not.

Everything is about trump in today's American politics and even after he is finally gone it will then be about Trumpism. As Trumpism is fascism and if it triumphs the American democratic experiment will be over. A likely outcome but there is still time to fight.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They aren't rejecting Trumpism. They may want to trade in for a new model who won't be dodging prison.

As I said...Biden fans invariably react to Biden gaffe topics with immediate hateful attacks on Trump and that's because they can't defend hero Joe.  

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

some lauging emojis have been removed, please do not use this emoji as a derogatory statement:

11. You will not stalk other members by using forum posts, private messages, the use of emojis or any other means.

15 hours ago, Credo said:

Well, let's look at the actual facts of the situation.  Congress passed the sanctions and Trump signed them........

I find it absolutely amazing how trump supporters can come on here and post incorrect information which tries to support their love of [Trump].

Who on earth dreams up this misinformation? Perhaps there is a licensed "Kool-Aid gang" operating somewhere, whose mandate is to twist facts to belittle Biden. Certainly their take on events points to outright lying rather than genuine mistakes, or possibly the fact that they are genuinely dumb and have gone too far down the rabbit hole.

The US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan is one thing that they love to jump on, without knowing, realising or acknowledging the fact that trump signed the order to pull the troops out, and although it happened under Biden's watch, the very same top military staff who were in place under trump, were the very same people who organised the withdrawal, so the blame for any stuff-ups lies with them.

And as you quite rightly point out with regards to the Nord Stream pipeline, the facts don't support the [Trump] supporters post.

It would be great if they were able to get their facts straight, but it's either a deliberate lying ploy or they are short of working grey matter. Take your pick.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling, name calling references removed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I find it absolutely amazing how trump supporters can come on here and post incorrect information which tries to support their love of [Trump].

Who on earth dreams up this misinformation? Perhaps there is a licensed "Kool-Aid gang" operating somewhere, whose mandate is to twist facts to belittle Biden. Certainly their take on events points to outright lying rather than genuine mistakes, or possibly the fact that they are genuinely dumb and have gone too far down the rabbit hole.

The US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan is one thing that they love to jump on, without knowing, realising or acknowledging the fact that trump signed the order to pull the troops out, and although it happened under Biden's watch, the very same top military staff who were in place under trump, were the very same people who organised the withdrawal, so the blame for any stuff-ups lies with them.

And as you quite rightly point out with regards to the Nord Stream pipeline, the facts don't support the [Trump] supporters post.

It would be great if they were able to get their facts straight, but it's either a deliberate lying ploy or they are short of working grey matter. Take your pick.

Or both.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, heybruce said:

Here's a fine one sentence example of Trump's clarity:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago;"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-sentence/

A fine example of creative punctuation more like.  

On 10/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, heybruce said:

Here's a fine one sentence example of Trump's clarity:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago;"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-sentence/

Clarity.......not on your life, just more rambling and lies from the corpulent ex pres.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Biden's statement is ridiculous, as after the agreement was already broken the US had a range of choices to go for. The whole word saw how well following this broken agreement went.

Biden's statement was the facts as they were. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Biden's statement is ridiculous, as after the agreement was already broken the US had a range of choices to go for. The whole word saw how well following this broken agreement went.

So as usual, Trump signed an agreement he could brag about and started withdrawing troops, while leaving the key issues as wishful thinking... It's not surprising it went wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

So as usual, Trump signed an agreement he could brag about and started withdrawing troops, while leaving the key issues as wishful thinking... It's not surprising it went wrong.

It was then Bidens job to address those issues .

Biden made a mess of it and many people died because of it 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was then Bidens job to address those issues .

Biden made a mess of it and many people died because of it 

Who made a mess of it?

The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/timeline-of-u-s-withdrawal-from-afghanistan/

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who made a mess of it?

The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/timeline-of-u-s-withdrawal-from-afghanistan/

Biden was completely ignorant and oill informed  about the situation , he said this one month before the Taliban took control 

"Biden assures Americans that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan “is not inevitable,” and denies that U.S. intelligence assessed that the Afghan government would likely collapse.

Asked if he sees any parallels between the withdrawals from Vietnam Afghanistan, Biden responds, “None whatsoever. Zero. … The Taliban is not the south — the North Vietnamese army. They’re not — they’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability.  There’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy in the — of the United States from Afghanistan.  It is not at all comparable.”

Biden adds that “the likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Biden was completely ignorant and oill informed  about the situation , he said this one month before the Taliban took control 

"Biden assures Americans that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan “is not inevitable,” and denies that U.S. intelligence assessed that the Afghan government would likely collapse.

Asked if he sees any parallels between the withdrawals from Vietnam Afghanistan, Biden responds, “None whatsoever. Zero. … The Taliban is not the south — the North Vietnamese army. They’re not — they’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability.  There’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy in the — of the United States from Afghanistan.  It is not at all comparable.”

Biden adds that “the likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”

There's a full timeline in that article that makes things pretty clear in fact Trump went onto to say:

"In a released statement, Trump criticizes Biden’s Sept. 11 withdrawal deadline saying, “we can and should get out earlier.” He concludes, “Getting out of Afghanistan is a wonderful and positive thing to do. I planned to withdraw on May 1st, and we should keep as close to that schedule as possible.”

• Like 1