Goodbye Emergency Decree and Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, an era comes to an end in Thailand

webfact

16 minutes ago, kotsak said:

I've heard of a new deadly variant.. ????????

Yeah..variant 17EH45..

First discovered in Ban Moo Phet, Loei province.

Someone would question though how a health center in the boonies has such lab capabilities.

Just kidding obviously but a similar event happened about a year ago with one of the 'variants'

Edited by VinnieK
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Yes, masks are still being recommended and some venues and services based on the business may still require them but the mandate has been dropped for months and it’s mostly a personal decision now if someone wishes to wear a mask.

This is somewhat confusing, one minute it says, masks are still being recommended, and some venues and services based on "business" may still require them, BUT....the mandate has been dropped for months, AND it's a personal decision, NOW if someone wishes to wear a mask.

So, if I rock up to Makro or Lotus or Central is some dipstick going to try and tell me that they are above the law and ask me to wear a mask  to go in ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This is somewhat confusing, one minute it says, masks are still being recommended, and some venues and services based on "business" may still require them, BUT....the mandate has been dropped for months, AND it's a personal decision, NOW if someone wishes to wear a mask.

So, if I rock up to Makro or Lotus or Central is some dipstick going to try and tell me that they are above the law and ask me to wear a mask  to go in ?

I 'm all for wearing masks. but lately, with the drop off in cases, and the relaxation of rules, I hardly do so now. Yesterday I was stopped from entering K-Bank for not wearing one and had none under the motorbike seat.

No problem. Just walked away. It seems to be policy at their branches. Up to them. It's their property I am entering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

After over two-and-a-half-years an era that for many people was deeply unpleasant and life changing will come to an end in Thailand.

8 years of Prayut has not come to an end.. and with the constitution courts appalling decision more suffering to continue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Indeed. Forgot mask yesterday and was forced to buy one before entry to a mall. Very sad especially when 50% in there either weren’t wearing or were chin-strapping!

Which mall? To be sure NEVER to spend my money there. Went to Terminal 21 Pattaya 2 weeks ago and no masks required. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Unlike some who bend over, I tend to like to challenge things when they are not right and 99% of the times, they bend, perhaps it's too hard for some, easier for others who know right from wrong and aren't prepared to bend, obviously that depends on the situation, e.g. if the process is going to be too long and hard, then one can decide to drop the ball before he catches it.

You see, unlike you, I would walk in, what are they going to do arrest me, and if they did, what would the charge be, your honour he refused to wear a mask in our store....LOL, your honour my client is triple vaxed, and has had the virus, yeh I can see the judges the face on this one, waste of the courts time.

Some get it, some don't, I take it you don't.

Actually you are wrong. Your freedom ends where a private business begins.

Have you ever been to a restaurant where jackets are required on men?

Ever seen a sign, "No shirt, no shoes? No service"?

On the other hand, if you enter a kaiseki restaurant in Japan, you are not allowed to walk on the tatami mats wearing shoes.

Obviously there is no law against not wearing a jacket or no wearing shoes in public places, but private businesses are free to set the rules by which customers use their services.

Some agogos have signs warning customers of a "5000 to 10000 baht fine" for taking photos or videos. Some restaurants have a No Smoking rule.

As a customer entering a private business, you have two choices: abide by the rules the business has set, or go elsewhere. Ignoring their requests has a term that is slang for the end of the alimentary canal.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1