National Archives says it still doesn’t have all Trump White House records

Scott

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps the DOJ would rather not tell the target of their investigation what they have in him until they bring charges.

I would have thought that Trump would have known what was in his safe and what was taken and didn't they also give him a list of what they took ?

Is there any reason why they haven't bought any charges yet ?

3 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

There has been unambiguous factual evidence against him in so many different incidents (more than I can repeat here) but so far, all has come to nought. Mueller report, Ukraine, Jan 6, Georgia. Heck, they dare not even charge him. Only Peekaboo. She’s got more balls than Bragg.

As long as Trump was President, he couldn't be criminally prosecuted. Now he can be. And he is certainly being seriously and strenuously investigated by the FBI.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would have thought that Trump would have known what was in his safe and what was taken and didn't they also give him a list of what they took ?

Yes lots of reasons they've not brought charges yet not least they don't have full access to all the documents yet because of the motion for special master and the ongoing saga with that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes lots of reasons they've not brought charges yet not least they don't have full access to all the documents yet because of the motion for special master and the ongoing saga with that.

Why do they need to have access ?

They didn't have access last time and forced their way in .

Why cant they force their way in again and then have excess to retrieve the documents  ?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would expect they have itemized documents but not stated the contents of the documents.

Charges take time, Trump’s request for a special master slowed things down.

From my own point of view, I’d love to see Trump indicted and sent to trial - I want it to happen - but I’m chilled, I’d much rather the DOJ took the time to build a water tight case than see them rush a case through that hasn’t been thoroughly checked and double checked.

Chill, Justice is coming.

• Like 2

Why cant they force their way in again and then have excess to retrieve the documents  ?

They did not ‘force their way in’.

They lawfully executed a lawful search under a lawfully issued search warrant.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh come on read up on the court case going on

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/04/trump-supreme-court-ruling-classified-documents

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I would expect they have itemized documents but not stated the contents of the documents.

Charges take time, Trump’s request for a special master slowed things down.

From my own point of view, I’d love to see Trump indicted and sent to trial - I want it to happen - but I’m chilled, I’d much rather the DOJ took the time to build a water tight case than see them rush a case through that hasn’t been thoroughly checked and double checked.

Chill, Justice is coming.

We have kind of been waiting for the past seven years for Trump to get jailed for one reason or another , seems to be an endless list of reasons why he will "soon be jailed"

• Like 2

We have kind of been waiting for the past seven years for Trump to get jailed for one reason or another , seems to be an endless list of reasons why he will "soon be jailed"

Four of those years he was beyond the reach of law being protected by a corrupt USAG.

He’s no longer free from prosecution.

Justice is coming.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The documents being referred to are the ones being scutinized by the Special Master. So it's not a question of "forcing their way in". Allthough I'm not aware that investigators "forced their way in" anywhere.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Four of those years he was beyond the reach of law being protected by a corrupt USAG.

He’s no longer free from prosecution.

Justice is coming.

This point about his 4 years as President is so obvious it's bizarre that you had to mention it. But, apparently, it still needs to be mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

But the DOJ has already indicated the statutes violated (espionage act etc)

Not quite , they are still investigating and nothing has been confirmed 

"The warrant authorizing the search says agents were investigating possible violations of three federal laws, including rules surrounding the gathering and transmission of defense information under the Espionage Act."

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-obama-million-documents-929954890662

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The documents being referred to are the ones being scutinized by the Special Master. So it's not a question of "forcing their way in". Allthough I'm not aware that investigators "forced their way in" anywhere.

Its written in the Guardian ,   its true 

Donald Trump’s non-stop drive to paint the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago to recover classified documents as a political witch hunt

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/11/trump-mar-a-lago-witch-hunt-fbi-doj-safety

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Donald Trump’s non-stop drive to paint the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago to recover classified documents as a political witch hunt

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/11/trump-mar-a-lago-witch-hunt-fbi-doj-safety

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make with that post.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What does this have to do with  your characterization that they "forced their way in".

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is was a raid and therefore it was a forced entry  

If it were a forced entry Trump would have plaster photos of broken locks and smashed doors all over his failing social media messaging service.

There was no forced entry, there was no need for forced entry, the FEDs had a lawfully issued search warrant they had a right of entry.

No evidence of ‘forced entry’ has been produced.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As long as Trump was President, he couldn't be criminally prosecuted. Now he can be. And he is certainly being seriously and strenuously investigated by the FBI.

He could have been. It was just Bill Barr who said he couldn’t. I believe this was an opinion only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gweiloman said:

He could have been. It was just Bill Barr who said he couldn’t. I believe this was an opinion only.

No. It's been Justice Dept. policy for a long time that Presidents can't be criminally prosecuted. Not that this excuses Barr's lies about the Mueller Report which itself acknowledged that Presidents can't be prosecuted criminally while they're in office.

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They had a good 2 weeks of going through all the documents before that alleged corrupt judge (heard that on MSNBC) decided on the special master.

They could have indicted but I guess they wanted to build up the case further.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

They had a good 2 weeks of going through all the documents before that alleged corrupt judge (heard that on MSNBC) decided on the special master.

They could have indicted but I guess they wanted to build up the case further.

We can observe for ourselves the level of blind obedience to Trump present amongst his supporters.

The DOJ have very good reason to ensure they are absolutely sure of their case before asking a Grand Jury to indict.

Added to which:

Having found documents to be missing, the DOJ (and national security services) are surely investigating very serious risks to national security and perhaps crimes associated with those risks.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1