National Archives says it still doesn’t have all Trump White House records

Scott

49 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am quite sure that my posts on ASEANNOW hasn't caused the World to go to hell 

When 50% out of american voters  believe the same as you or more, it will go to hell!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

For one thing, it's against DOJ policy to bring charges in a case with political ramifications 50 days before an election.

Forget about stuff like this: if it's not black-letter law the GOP is not going to abide by it, and and they'll likely get away with it.  It started with ol' Mitch holding off the SCOTUS nominee, wouldn't even look at him.  And then there is that fine lawman Comey who violated another supposed policy a few weeks before the 2016 election because he was afraid of the GOP (and was obviously not afraid of the Dems).  Barr's interception of the Mueller Report probably the most flagrant.  The more you look the more you'll see. 

Laws and limits are for those pansy-pantsed liberals, GOP can scoff at these things and get away with it.  Am I wrong?  If so please show me up, General Garland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan O said:

They had to search everywhere as Trump had the documents scattered all over in various rooms, on the floor, mixed in with clothes in the closets according to evidence documents and photos released. 

My question, which I have never seen anyone (in the media or on this forum) address: why have they not searched his other properties, particularly the ones on foreign soil?  Surely Scotland Yard would be willing to help in Turnberry in the possible betrayal of NATO.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

From what I can gather, the GOP is totally behind him. The only dissenters are, as you would expect, RINO’s such as Christie and … er … er, ok Christie.

As to lawful possession, … let me skip to the next point.

You said any other person would have been arrested. But till now, Trump hasn’t even been charged. Is this proper legal process?

There are a number of the GOP party that have distanced themselves. 

He has no ability to have lawful possession of govt documents and certainly not classified or top secret documents. He had the ability to declassify documents without needing to get approval from congress but there is a process that must be followed and the action must be documented but he did neither. But even then he does not have the authority to take govt documents which is part of the issue.

As for not being charged yet, I presume since I'm not an insider that based on the DOJ statements they are allowing an excessive wide due process since this is the first President that has even been in this position and there is no precedent. They are being very careful not to set a broad precedent that could be abused in the future. That coupled with the fact that trump has repeatedly made the claims that he's the victim and it's a witch hunt that's only politically motivated. Facts of overwhelming measures would contradict his claims of being a victim.

There's an over-abundance of facts and information documenting his character and history available that you can confirm all this and eliminate anyone's opinion. You should educate yourself on this and you would carry a very different opinion of the person you defend

6 minutes ago, bendejo said:

My question, which I have never seen anyone (in the media or on this forum) address: why have they not searched his other properties, particularly the ones on foreign soil?  Surely Scotland Yard would be willing to help in Turnberry in the possible betrayal of NATO.

I presume they are following the "papertrail" of his known whereabouts, and travels since leaving the Whitehouse and taking the documents. They have a very good ability to trace and track him since he is assigned Secret Security protection that travels with him 24/7 as does his family. Do not be surprised if that happens as a result of the current investigation if the implication is there that he may have traveled with documents. They need probably cause to gain warrants to pursue any area they search as they dont want to leave any loopholes for him to back out thru. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I presume they are following the "papertrail" of his known whereabouts, and travels since leaving the Whitehouse and taking the documents. They have a very good ability to trace and track him since he is assigned Secret Security protection that travels with him 24/7 as does his family. Do not be surprised if that happens as a result of the current investigation if the implication is there that he may have traveled with documents. They need probably cause to gain warrants to pursue any area they search as they dont want to leave any loopholes for him to back out thru. 

Will be very interesting when his protectors (Secret Service) become his captors.  He'll be screaming about a police state.  When he does stuff like this he comes off like the psycho-killer in the first Dirty Harry movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, xylophone said:

So sad if this is the case, because the USA will have sunk lower than could ever be imagined, goaded and guided by the hands of a dumb pathological liar, narcissist and thief.

Perhaps it says more about the USA than could ever be expressed here or elsewhere for that matter. 

You shouldn't talk about Joe like that.

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

I would presume they have no indication of the whereabouts of the remaining missing documents.

I don't think a hit and miss search is an option.

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Surely Scotland Yard would be willing to help in Turnberry in the possible betrayal of NATO.

Not possible as (New) Scotland Yard is in London - England while Turneberry is in Ayrshire - Scotland!

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It is a concern that American politicians could be attempting to  jail people who stand against them in elections .

That is what Russia and China do , its a worry for the Western World if the USA takes the route of silencing the opposition by jailing them .

Not for lack of trying. Lock her up comes to mind. Trump does not believe in democracy. Almost half the country agrees with him. Message to the world, do what we say, not what we do. Credibility shot yet?

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

There are a number of the GOP party that have distanced themselves. 

He has no ability to have lawful possession of govt documents and certainly not classified or top secret documents. He had the ability to declassify documents without needing to get approval from congress but there is a process that must be followed and the action must be documented but he did neither. But even then he does not have the authority to take govt documents which is part of the issue.

As for not being charged yet, I presume since I'm not an insider that based on the DOJ statements they are allowing an excessive wide due process since this is the first President that has even been in this position and there is no precedent. They are being very careful not to set a broad precedent that could be abused in the future. That coupled with the fact that trump has repeatedly made the claims that he's the victim and it's a witch hunt that's only politically motivated. Facts of overwhelming measures would contradict his claims of being a victim.

There's an over-abundance of facts and information documenting his character and history available that you can confirm all this and eliminate anyone's opinion. You should educate yourself on this and you would carry a very different opinion of the person you defend

You mean he can’t declassify documents by thinking about it? Blow me down with a feather. I must stop believing Fox News. And I always thought that it was just cnn and msnbc that was fake news.

As to his character, there are over 70 million Americans that voted for him. Surely that can’t happen if he is an unscrupulous person of low moral character right? He has admirers as far away as the UK and Australia. That must speak volumes about his greatness.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

70+ million of the most powerful country in the world. Most votes ever for an incumbent.

That was history. Now less than half of the Republicans and independents inclined to vote with the party will even support his nomination for the 2024 election. Many would like to see someone else. A big fall for a former incumbent. 

12 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

That was history. Now less than half of the Republicans and independents inclined to vote with the party will even support his nomination for the 2024 election. Many would like to see someone else. A big fall for a former incumbent. 

That happened only 2 years ago, so it’s not like it’s ancient history. His rallies are sold out events, his endorsees have a strong chance of being governors, secretaries of states. He doesn’t need to win any votes as the state electors will certify him. Job done, fait accompli.

• Love It 1

12 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

That happened only 2 years ago, so it’s not like it’s ancient history. His rallies are sold out events, his endorsees have a strong chance of being governors, secretaries of states. He doesn’t need to win any votes as the state electors will certify him. Job done, fait accompli.

80+ million votes for Biden in the same elections, the most in history ever too

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

80+ million votes for Biden in the same elections, the most in history ever too

According to the wife of a Supreme Court judge, the election was stolen from Trump. Who do you believe? Shifty Schiff or a Supreme Court judge’s wife?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

2 years in politics is ancient. His rallies are dwindling in numbers and the company that organize the rallies is in financial quagmire. His endorsements are not meeting expectation. Lots of failures for a man who bragged that he is tire of winning. Put him off to pasture or behind bars please. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/gop-strategist-trump-base-b2055671.html

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

According to the wife of a Supreme Court judge, the election was stolen from Trump. Who do you believe? Shifty Schiff or a Supreme Court judge’s wife?

According to this OP its about National Archives saying Trump still has more docs, my thoughts on the Schiff or a judge's wife have no bearing on this

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to this OP its about National Archives saying Trump still has more docs, my thoughts on the Schiff or a judge's wife have no bearing on this

So why did you bring up Biden and his vote count? Trolling again I see.

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

So why did you bring up Biden and his vote count? Trolling again I see.

Very simply because you are again derailing a thread and on top of that taking out of context Trumps votes without including Bidens historic win. Accusations of trolling should be addressed and reported to moderators.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I think that's the main battle cry of the trump supporters (the stolen bit) and it's beyond belief that over 70% of Republicans don't think that Biden is the legitimate president!

It has always been said that trumps target audience is the poorly educated, but I didn't realise just how many there were in the US – – including some in the Senate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

You mean he can’t declassify documents by thinking about it? Blow me down with a feather. I must stop believing Fox News. And I always thought that it was just cnn and msnbc that was fake news.

As to his character, there are over 70 million Americans that voted for him. Surely that can’t happen if he is an unscrupulous person of low moral character right? He has admirers as far away as the UK and Australia. That must speak volumes about his greatness.

Have you forgotten about his friendship with Vladimir Putin? They are so close that Trump insisted on having a tete-a-tete  with him without any of the usual staff from the state department present. So close that Putin insisted on hacking into the computers of his opponent and creating disinformation on his behalf.

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Have you forgotten about his friendship with Vladimir Putin? They are so close that Trump insisted on having a tete-a-tete  with him without any of the usual staff from the state department present. So close that Putin insisted on hacking into the computers of his opponent and creating disinformation on his behalf.

Maybe the Ukraine war wouldn’t have happened if he was still president. We will never know.