National Archives says it still doesn’t have all Trump White House records

Scott

5 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Can you please tell us all exactly how many other ex presidents still have any White House records?

Who knows? Just because there are no reports of it doesn’t mean that it’s not happening or happened.

Didn’t another former President accuse another former President of having something like 30 million pages of classified documents and records? We should always take the words of presidents seriously. They were after all, at one time, the most powerful man in the world so they must be accorded due respect.

"They were after all, at one time, the most powerful man in the world so they must be accorded due respect."

So with power comes automatic respect? Do you apply the same for Hitler and Stalin as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Will he be charged? Lindsey Graham warned that there would be riots in the streets. So a toss up between rule of law and riots. Tough call.

Remember that massive protest that was going to occur at Mar a Lago? I don't think that there were more reporters than protestors at the event but not a lot less either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Not a tough call at all. If 45's goobers riot, slaughter them. The terrorists on 6 Jan should have been napalmed. They were trying to overthrow the government. They are far more dangerous to the US than some al Qaeda jiihadi in the tribal regions of Pakistan, but we regularly send Hellfire missiles at those guys. We should do something similar to those who try to destroy the country.

Rule of law and democracy are the foundation of the experiment that is the US. NOBODY is above the law.

Would you support a policy of killing all Trump supporters ?

• Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

What matters of fact do you have a problem with? That there weren't nearly 12,000 documents?

There are people who know and loathe Trump well who offerwhat I think is a more believable explanation. It's about Trump's resentment at losing and being dislodged from the White House. This was his way of asserting that he's still the legitimate President and his way of trolling his successor.  Keep in mind that he's basically a seething ball of resentment.

I should add that there were also the souvenirs that could be shown off like the letters (or was it a letter?) from Kim. KInd of like a golf trophy. Apparently, Trump's caddies gave him the nickname of Pelé.

56 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I should add that there were also the souvenirs that could be shown off like the letters (or was it a letter?) from Kim. KInd of like a golf trophy. Apparently, Trump's caddies gave him the nickname of Pelé.

Some of them already published in SK, but there may be others....

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-self-described-love-letters-223355294.html

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1

Court accidentally unsealed, then deleted, documents from the Mar-a-Lago case describing information the FBI seized from Trump

"The logs, shared by Bloomberg, describe a trove of documents that include government records and communications from outside parties, including handwritten notes by Trump while on phone calls. Others describe medical records and legal documents Justice Department officials believe should be excluded from the investigation."

https://www.businessinsider.com/log-mar-a-lago-docs-posted-online-court-filing-deleted-2022-10?r=US&IR=T

I wonder which ones Trump wanted to hide?

6 minutes ago, candide said:

Some of them already published in SK, but there may be others....

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-self-described-love-letters-223355294.html

Kim's last letter to Trump, kinda of broke of their love affair ????

“As of now, it is very difficult for me and my people to understand the decision and behavior of you and South Korean authorities,” read Kim’s letter, dated Aug. 5, 2019.

Kim expressed how “offended” he was by the “paranoid” war exercises jointly conducted by the U.S. and South Korean soldiers.

“As your excellency indicated at some point, we have a strong military … and it is a matter of common knowledge that the [South Korean] armed forces are no match for our military,” Kim added.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Kim's last letter to Trump, kinda of broke of their love affair ????

“As of now, it is very difficult for me and my people to understand the decision and behavior of you and South Korean authorities,” read Kim’s letter, dated Aug. 5, 2019.

Kim expressed how “offended” he was by the “paranoid” war exercises jointly conducted by the U.S. and South Korean soldiers.

“As your excellency indicated at some point, we have a strong military … and it is a matter of common knowledge that the [South Korean] armed forces are no match for our military,” Kim added.

I wonder if they are as strong as Russia's.......wondering for my pet bullfrog..

• Haha 2

On 10/2/2022 at 6:46 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

I read this as a sly admission that the unprecedented storming of an ex Presidents residence and riffling of his wife's lingerie drawers(although most will have realized this once the desperate leaks started) was a complete failure. Once again they tried to kill the king, and once again they missed. They did not find what they were looking for.

To be honest, I welcome the ending of the tacit agreement not to harass ex Presidents and their children. It will provide a huge source of amusement in the near future. Thanks Biden.

Don't worry Sunny,   It's far from over.

The hits just keep on coming for the Orange Man

His' goose is cooked': Legal experts say new Trump bombshell is ‘aggravating factor’ that makes an indictment more likely (msn.com)

"A Trump employee has told federal agents about moving boxes of documents at Mar-a-Lago at the specific direction of the former president, according to people familiar with the investigation, who say the witness account — combined with security-camera footage — offers key evidence of Donald Trump’s behavior as investigators sought the return of classified material," 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The hits just keep on coming for the Orange Man

His' goose is cooked': Legal experts say new Trump bombshell is ‘aggravating factor’ that makes an indictment more likely (msn.com)

"A Trump employee has told federal agents about moving boxes of documents at Mar-a-Lago at the specific direction of the former president, according to people familiar with the investigation, who say the witness account — combined with security-camera footage — offers key evidence of Donald Trump’s behavior as investigators sought the return of classified material," 

He probably moves boxes every day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nauseus said:

He probably moves boxes every day.

Nno one was supposed to touch those boxes. So maybe this guy just moves boxes around for fun and on his own inititiative removed them from the storage area. That might even sound likely to some. At least to the kind of person who thinks it's rational to assume that he probably moves boxes every day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Nno one was supposed to touch those boxes. So maybe this guy just moves boxes around for fun and on his own inititiative removed them from the storage area. That might even sound likely to some. At least to the kind of person who thinks it's rational to assume that he probably moves boxes every day.

Well, I'll just leave you to contemplate that one further then.

• Love It 1

Just saw this Conway video.  The Orangeman is indeed in a heap of trouble that could end up with him having an orange suit to match his complexion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-conway-shortest-distance-between-trump-and-orange-jump-suit-is-documents-case/vi-AA12UMaX?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=845bb875f5414cffabcfe1cdbcfe1e98&category=foryou

“Where’s the beef? I need some beef,” US District Senior Judge Raymond Dearie told the attorneys during a telephone status hearing Tuesday.

Dearie also suggested there was a “certain incongruity” to Trump’s lawyers claiming so far that at least one document was both personal to Trump and covered by executive privilege, a protection that applies to government information. ????

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-special-master-says-no-171409213.html

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

“Where’s the beef? I need some beef,” US District Senior Judge Raymond Dearie told the attorneys during a telephone status hearing Tuesday.

Dearie also suggested there was a “certain incongruity” to Trump’s lawyers claiming so far that at least one document was both personal to Trump and covered by executive privilege, a protection that applies to government information. ????

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-special-master-says-no-171409213.html

Trump hires only the "best people". Unfortunately for the best people, they have the worst client.

• Haha 2