How are you preparing for the coming cold spell ?

worgeordie

7 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Yes I have been collecting firewood all summer and wife has been preparing for the cold snap by collecting nuts.

Are you guys serious??!!

everybody feels the weather differently. if it's hot for most of the year then it can be difficult for some people to handle the cold snaps. especially oop North where it can get quite chilly in the winter.

14 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

everybody feels the weather differently. if it's hot for most of the year then it can be difficult for some people to handle the cold snaps. especially oop North where it can get quite chilly in the winter.

It's oop norf, if you don't mind. 

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:30 AM, ivor bigun said:

we have cold weather?not here in Pattaya we dont .

It is a country of contrasts.

I live in Chonburi city and in Sept 2020 we we went up to Khao Kho. Not only was the scenery like Scotland,  so was the weather. I was perished, I had been warned and taken my coat but didn't expect it to be that cold.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Just turn the inverter Aircon up to 30 and you'll be fine.

Its not the inverter tech, I have conventional inverter ACs. it needs to be reversible to blow warm air into the room.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

N and NE can get quite chilly. Single digits C sometimes in the morning. Mountains in CM can approach 0c. 

Pic below was snapped 20 May this year, Doi Inthanon. 30c down below while 15c at the summit. 

IMG_20221003_163041.jpg.ecbc790220a79e2a4bc8f03bdd5589d8.jpg

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Man UP. 

It's the best time of the year. 

What is the best and worst time in Thailand? November to February is definitely best, and worst is burning season and  next hot season, followed by a long wet hot season. So not much left is it now ????

On 10/2/2022 at 9:16 AM, worgeordie said:

2 bar Electric fire 1600 Watt  320 B and a 2000 Watt

hot air blower  980 B,

Can you give a link as I have been looking for bar heaters for the bathroom. It gets cold here and even with a 8000 watt water heater for the shower it is still not hot enough and cold when you get out.

This is probably going to be a colder cold season because of all of the moisture in the ground. Have been here when it was 5C in the morning.

36 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What is the best and worst time in Thailand? November to February is definitely best, and worst is burning season and  next hot season, followed by a long wet hot season. So not much left is it now ????

No worst time, only better and best. 

I don't have a burning season, I'm on the beach. 

I welcome the wet season, the cloud cover keeps the hot sun away and it's a fantastic ride on my PCX with the light drizzle. 

The weather in Thailand is perfect for me. 

I love the rain ❤️

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 4:34 AM, worgeordie said:

these are guys of Viking stock , when Scandinavia was not cold enough for them 

they sailed off to Iceland and Greenland

I'm supposed to be a Viking - my genetic profile says I am - Iceland is warmer than Scandinavia and from old time, there is a reason why Greenland was named green land - try northern Scandinavia instead...????

Edited by khunPer

On 10/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, worgeordie said:

You must be one of the tough guys  555 , ???? don't even need a jumper

A few years ago the police reported that 2 men from either Norway or Sweden,

had been found dead on the floor of their kitchen and they died from hypothermia 

these are guys of Viking stock , when Scandinavia was not cold enough for them 

they sailed off to Iceland and Greenland. , so I am not taking any chances .555

regards worgeordie

Last year I got my first electric blanket and it was great. You right, after living here for more than 20 years you start feeling the cold and this year is going to be a cold one. I feel it in my bones.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Last year I got my first electric blanket and it was great. You right, after living here for more than 20 years you start feeling the cold and this year is going to be a cold one. I feel it in my bones.

Why not invest in proper clothing? Not cheap <deleted> you get on markeds and fitness shops, but Merino wool or similar. It is comfortable and keep the joint pain away when it gets colder. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

No worst time, only better and best. 

I don't have a burning season, I'm on the beach. 

I welcome the wet season, the cloud cover keeps the hot sun away and it's a fantastic ride on my PCX with the light drizzle. 

The weather in Thailand is perfect for me. 

I love the rain ❤️

I did a 2 month escape to Koh Samui last winter, and this winter going touring for a month down south