How are you preparing for the coming cold spell ?

worgeordie

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Cold in Thailand? 55555

Try Canada

You must be one of the tough guys  555 , ???? don't even need a jumper

A few years ago the police reported that 2 men from either Norway or Sweden,

had been found dead on the floor of their kitchen and they died from hypothermia 

these are guys of Viking stock , when Scandinavia was not cold enough for them 

they sailed off to Iceland and Greenland. , so I am not taking any chances .555

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a -40 C sleeping bag on my bed, two wool hats ,down jackets for blankets, and use real bricks instead of those bad concrete walls during the winter (replace every year, of course)......

I have three women on call for extra body warmth, and a fire pit running 24/7 for emergencies........my workers walk me around the fire pit until the local witch doctor checks my body temperature.

layering is key........Woolley mammoth fur seems to keep me slightly warm.

i feel you bro..... 

• Haha 2

We don't get cold spell down here / PKK. 

image.png.77c98f098eb1e868ca935b86d520092c.png

When in Udon Thani, 'cool' season ... went outside and enjoyed it.  Especially when dipped into low teens or even 10° for that 1 week maybe ????  Great snuggling weather.

image.png.d3c67eda35929fbbac2a2370d9de6648.png

Edited by KhunLA

Just now, KannikaP said:

In Thailand? I have never seen one. And they would be quite expensive. Better buy an electric fan heater for the few days it drops below say 25 degrees.

Most people have never thought to ask, but if they do, they are there. Next time you're in HomePro, ask a sales person. And they are not that expensive.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Most people have never thought to ask, but if they do, they are there. Next time you're in HomePro, ask a sales person. And they are not that expensive.

Ask a SALES PERSON in H Pro, you're joking. 555

Just been on their website and cannot find any aircons with heating facility. Please suggest a model number.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Ask a SALES PERSON in H Pro, you're joking. 555

Just been on their website and cannot find any aircons with heating facility. Please suggest a model number.

It may strike you as odd but I don't have model numbers of air con units in Thailand that have heating capabilities to hand, I have lots of other trivia but not that !

But since poster Thailandryan posted above a part of his Mitsu. air con unit that does provide heat, perhaps he will help you avoid having to waste your time googling! Hint: Electrolux and Mits seem to be the leaders in this field.

Edited by nigelforbes
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

It may strike you as odd but I don't have model numbers of air con units in Thailand that have heating capabilities to hand, I have lots of other trivia but not that !

But since poster Thailandryan posted above a part of his Mitsu. air con unit that does provide heat, perhaps he will help you avoid having to waste your time googling! Hint: Electrolux and Mits seem to be the leaders in this field.

Carrier also, and a big seller in Thailand as less expensive compared to Mitsu, with same excellent reputation.   You'll see the 'ground' units, square-ish vs rectangle and wall hang-abe units.  They may also have a heat pump unit in conjunction with the cooling unit, depending on model.

We have a Samsung inverter A/C.....When hitting the mode button one of the modes that shows in the display is "heat".....

I've never checked to see if did anything.....

We have a small ceramic heater with a fan.....It does work very well, but I don't think we've used it 20 times in 10+ years....

We're in the CM area....So far the only concession I've made is to wear a nylon baseball shell while riding the bicycle on some evenings....

You know you're semi acclimated when you feel chilly riding and it's 85f/30c out...

Update = I tried the heat function, it doesn't do much of anything....It shows 28' on display....It will not set higher than that & the ambient temperature is 26'.....

Edited by pgrahmm

49 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Using two 18,000 BTU Air Cons, I keep my small room at 18 degrees C, throughout the year. 

I suggest you do the same. 

Using two 18000 BTU ACs in a small room, you should be able to keep beer cold and make ice-cubes. What's your lekky bill for that room?  555

For me, 18 is too cool, I like 24-5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nigelforbes said:

Seriously, 18? Wow, you may as well live in the UK.

I knew a guy in Pattaya who had his aircon on 14 degrees but slept under a 13 TOG duvet. He said it made him feel at home (UK) 

• Haha 2

In UK, most people have their heating on about 22-24 degrees and it feels warm.

Here it is COLD when it gets down to that. 22 is a lovely Spring day in UK/USA. Here it's mid-winter. 

Edited by KannikaP