Hairgrowth remedy - 'potential' scam

mjakob007

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

My dear ol' departed Dad used to say, 'If there was a cure for baldness, do you really think the Royal family would still be bald ? ' 

Yup, no amount of money will cure the follicly challenged, you have only got to look at Sir Elton with all his money he has and he still wears those dodgy syrups !!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My dear ol' departed Dad used to say, 'If there was a cure for baldness, do you really think the Royal family would still be bald ? ' 

Apparently there is a cure but you need to have the treatment when beginning to lose hair rather than once it's gone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently there is a cure but you need to have the treatment when beginning to lose hair rather than once it's gone

There's no cure ,ones its gone it stays gone,Same as being dead .Can't Revive the dead so can't revive the hair what's gone. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Finasteride (1 mg) daily will stop hair falling out from male pattern baldness, but nothing can regrow hair on a bald scalp.

Not always. Finasteride sometimes can regrow hair to varying degrees. In my case it did, after a few months of taking it the bald spot on the top strarted shrinking. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Not always. Finasteride sometimes can regrow hair to varying degrees. In my case it did, after a few months of taking it the bald spot on the top strarted shrinking. 

Didn't quite work like that for a friend of mine who used finasteride for a few months, rubbing it on his bald head twice a day – – he didn't get any hair growth on his head, but the palms of his hand, looked like those of a yeti!

• Haha 1

You can buy minoxidil tablets really rediculously cheap here at most pharmacies. I think the tabs I used to buy were about 120 baht for 50, much much cheaper than rogaine. I took them about 8 years ago for a year and grew my hair back and it was also much thicker, but it came with a downside. Firstly I had to take about 10 tablets a day, spread out through the day. Secondly I grew extra hair everywhere, including shoulders, back, asscrack etc so I started to feel overly hirsute. I took them with another tablet whose name I can't remember but that is a chinese herb that makes your hair grow back as it's original color, not grey and that tablet worked well as well. The pharmacies in Yowarat Area know the drug combination, it's popular with chinese.

In the end I preferred not having to take these  drugs,  so I stopped taking the tablets after a year but believe me, these tablets did work a treat. About 3 months after I stopped taking them I was back to normal. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Exactly what i said, needs treatment before it's gone

What treatment ? If you start to lose your mop nothing is goin to stop it. I am pretty happy with my bald head . Just got it to keep it out of the sun.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, digger70 said:

What treatment ? If you start to lose your mop nothing is goin to stop it. I am pretty happy with my bald head . Just got it to keep it out of the sun.

I've seen experts on TV talking about it, doesn't effect me as i have loads of hair, but for those losing should research into it

41 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Agreed and just think of the money you save as you dont need to buy shampoo

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:12 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, no amount of money will cure the follicly challenged, you have only got to look at Sir Elton with all his money he has and he still wears those dodgy syrups !!

Yes and Elton is even more ugly now with his syrup than he was without it!

• Like 1

On the topic of baldness, I am considering hair transplant surgery (ARTAS FUE robotic transplant method) here in Thailand. Cost quoted was US$3 per transplanted graft with a target of 3.5k grafts.

Wondering if those performing the procedure here are just as good as those in Hungary or Türkiye. 

• Haha 1