Yamaha Aerox vs. ? [2022]

aldriglikvid

On 10/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Hardly a big deal tyre pressure going down, usually normal for tyres to go down. Did you buy new Aerox shocks? seems to be mandatory or get the dash fault?

If you try to inflate a Click/Aerox rear tyre at a gas station, it's no fun since half of them have valves designed for cars that won't fit easily through the wheel spokes. So I am happy that I almost never have to do it with the Aerox.

My first Aerox had no extra shocks, it was fine. The second one had pre-installed extra shocks, I did not see any difference! But then again, I never go fast and only on city roads.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:28 PM, aldriglikvid said:

Thanks mate! You convinced me for another Aerox ???? Haha. 

Yeah I know. I am looking at a new one in 2023, and I was hoping there would be a touched-up Aerox version, maybe slightly more power (not so important), maybe with a second disk brake (more important). And I was shocked to hear one dealer tell me "no more Aerox", the other one "need 2 months pre-order".

Is Yamaha throwing the towel in ? Shame. I do not sit well on the Nmax, and the Xmax is way too expensive for what I need. Honda will have a field day with ADV 160/350. I do hope Yamaha will come out with something entirely novel in that cc range.

I really like my 2021 Aerox, but two things I dislike are the front shocks and the bluetooth connectivity.

The shocks in front are stiff, would like something better that doesn't jar over bumps. Rears with gas cylinder are OK. 

The bluetooth app is worthless as, instead of running in the background waiting to connect when near your bike, you have to launch the app everytime you start your bike. If you're out running errands, a lot of mumbo jumbo. I don't use it. 

Also, a minor inconvenience is the lack of stepthru. But, I bought an aftermarket hook for carrying bags which does ok. I'm happy to have the stronger frame. 

Edited by frantick
Edit

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

I have to disagree. Yamaha build quality is better. Simply that Honda is more popular here. Opposite in Indonesia.

An objective or subjective opinion? No matter what you choose there is minor differences based on prise and model you choose. 

Honda is known for <deleted> suspension by western standard, because they are not made for 80kg+ and a additional pillion 50kg and up. Cant really say I know much about Yamaho, but have a few 1000km on different 150’s and it was not much better than a honda suspension, and to be true, the quality did not feel any difference either. 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Issanman said:

The 2023 Aerox just appeared on the Thai Yamaha website.

2.png.4b021103422085f39a5403f486f021c7.png

Thanks. I just literally looked a couple days ago and only saw the 2022 model. I will enquire at the dealership about the release date or have many months I need to " pre order"

Not a fan of the ABS colours this year. Look kind of hidous to be honest. 

Edited by hello55060

3 hours ago, hello55060 said:

Thanks. I just literally looked a couple days ago and only saw the 2022 model. I will enquire at the dealership about the release date or have many months I need to " pre order"

Not a fan of the ABS colours this year. Look kind of hidous to be honest. 

looks basically the same as 2022 model. I'd expect a new model to go higher than 155

I have 2018 model. Think the only upgrades they've done really are increased the fuel tank from 4.5 to 5.5 litres and maybe a small design change. Other than that I can't recall any major difference having trying a friend's 21 model a few months ago after using my 18 model. I just thought it had been many years and got over 30k km on the belt so now I would replace it.

Tbh the same could be said with literally every bike, just like new iPhones, iPads and everything else that comes out with a "new version" religiously every year. The differences year on year are very minimal. Which is why I only bother to replace stuff like that in 4 or 5 year cycles. 

Edited by hello55060
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1