Seeking live in maid/housekeeper Korat

Farangstyle

Searching for a live in maid housekeeper to help my wife at home.Free room and board .

We have 2 cats and live in Mueang Nakhon Ratchasima.

Duties would include house duties ,cooking,cleaning, some shopping and help wife with driving her motor car for appointments

Salary negotiable from 7,000 to 10,000thb depend on experience per month with Sunday not work.

maybe someone here can recommend person or a friend they know or advise me where is best place to search or to place job advertisement.

Thank yoy

The best way to find a line in or live out would be for the wife to ask around.  Her friends will know someone,  Do not mention how much you are willing to pay.  

You may find that you do not need a live in you may have someone in the neighbourhood looking for work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Farangstyle said:

Salary negotiable from 7,000 to 10,000thb depend on experience per month with Sunday not work.

To be honest, I think you need to higher the salary, if you wish someone with a DL - minimum wage with Sunday off is close to 10k a month now - domestic work is considered low status job. As others have mentioned, get your wife to ask around, might have better luck that way, or find a migrant worker, for example from Lao; your wife should be able to apply for a 2-years work permit for a migrant maid.

• Like 1

I think you will have to up the salary you are prepared to pay in order to find, if at all possible, a competent maid who can also drive. 12-15k baht may attract some interest. Otherwise forget the driving requirement and see what you can find for around 10k baht.

Edited by Thingamabob
Spelling error

On 10/4/2022 at 1:07 AM, Thingamabob said:

I think you will have to up the salary you are prepared to pay in order to find, if at all possible, a competent maid who can also drive. 12-15k baht may attract some interest.

My thoughts as well. 7-10k isn't enough.