Is living in wongamat good?

parafareno

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I think it is the best place in Pattaya.  Decent beach, close to central, not a lot of traffic, quiet, nice properties on the beach.  Depending but generally, it is probably more expensive then Jomtien for rentals.

Do you have a photo or video of it

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Richard 2020 said:

Have also lived in Jomtien, but very troublesome the way to shopping ,nightlife none or little.

Department stores ??? No. Shopping malls ? No

Live now for 20 years at Wong Amat and am very satisfied!

5 minutes to the center of Pattaya, restaurants plentiful, 4 shopping malls Terminal 21 only 3 minutes walk!

View from the balcony on Koh Larn...Just great on evening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_feLdbzl8

IMG_20211118_173301.jpg

Coming soon....

IMG_20220825_102708.jpg

IMG_20220825_102751.jpg

IMG_20220821_102503.jpg

IMG_20220821_102512.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Postmaster said:

I was surprised nobody mentioned how much <deleted> there was in the sea at Wongamat.  Far more than in Jomtien.  It seems the currents trap the garbage there near the beach.  Yes the hotels and condo blocks are good its true but to my mind the beach and sea there are overrated.  The new improved Jomtien Beach is far better. Just saying.

I didn't mention it because that wasn't the case in the area we lived at.  We were at the north area next door to The Palm condo and the water and beach were clean.   Perhaps a problem further south.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Pratamnak area is the place to be, AKA 'The Beverly Hills of Pattaya'. Very convenient for both Jomtien and Pattaya and has a laid-back 'upmarket atmosphere'.....

I really like that area but no Baht bus goes by. Visited a few condos  once, really nice, but a long walk up to the bus!  I don’t drive in Thailand and stay only 4 months. From what I’ve seen Wongamat to Central Festival has a Baht bus, and easily walkable to Terminal 21 ? Ive always stayed near beach rd Jomtien since moving from Phuket and Hua Hin. I love to walk and prefer avoiding the Baht bus . When I go to Tesco’s I take a taxi.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, geisha said:

I really like that area but no Baht bus goes by. Visited a few condos  once, really nice, but a long walk up to the bus!  I don’t drive in Thailand and stay only 4 months. From what I’ve seen Wongamat to Central Festival has a Baht bus, and easily walkable to Terminal 21 ? Ive always stayed near beach rd Jomtien since moving from Phuket and Hua Hin. I love to walk and prefer avoiding the Baht bus . When I go to Tesco’s I take a taxi.

Yes.  We were on Pratamnak Soi 6 and it was a long hike up to the baht bus route.  The part of Wong Amat we were at by the beach in the north--by The Palm, Riviera Wong Amat, etc., also did not have a baht bus route nearby and it would have been a long hike to T21 from there.  We always drove.   

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Pratamnak area is the place to be, AKA 'The Beverly Hills of Pattaya'. Very convenient for both Jomtien and Pattaya and has a laid-back 'upmarket atmosphere'.....

Apart from when the packs of dogs are giving chase?

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2022 at 4:10 PM, jacko45k said:

Apart from when the packs of dogs are giving chase?

You need transportation coming and leaving that area. I walked in and out from the baht bus in the daytime and it's not doable on a daily basis. Kaetesin Road I think.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 1:57 PM, Inala said:

Lived in Sky Beach Naklua, which is right next door to Wongamat. Loved it. Fantastic and iconic old building. Absolute beachfront, as are many up here. Naklua and Wongamat are handy to get into town, you can even walk if you're going to a restaurant on the north end of Beach Road. I'm not so keen on the very northern end of Wongamat, it turns into a dead end up there. Otherwise, beaches are nice and quite a few waterfront restaurants as well.   

Before choosing Pratamnak, I was interested in Sky Beach, but was warned that the elevators are very slow. True?  But now I live in Unixx and the elevators are slow haha.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Before choosing Pratamnak, I was interested in Sky Beach, but was warned that the elevators are very slow. True?  But now I live in Unixx and the elevators are slow haha.

They were fine. One side serviced floors 1-25, the other side went express straight past them to floors 26 and up. It was a fantastic building. Having that massive full height internal atrium with staircase and verandahs was fantastic for breezes. Btw, I'm talking about the Sky Beach next to Centara Grand, not the other Sky Beach (Park Beach?) further down Soi 18 in Wongamat.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Inala said:

They were fine. One side serviced floors 1-25, the other side went express straight past them to floors 26 and up. It was a fantastic building. Having that massive full height internal atrium with staircase and verandahs was fantastic for breezes. Btw, I'm talking about the Sky Beach next to Centara Grand, not the other Sky Beach (Park Beach?) further down Soi 18 in Wongamat.

Oh, that's good to know. I am moving in December but am staying in the Pratamnak/Jomtien area because it has become home. But maybe someday I'll consider Skybeach again because I love the architecture and location.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, JimTripper said:

Kaetesin Road I think.

For Cozy Beach you really need a motorbike or car or Bolt.  For much of the Pratumnak Soi 4-5-6 area you can survive without a motorbike but even if you are not particularly comfortable riding a motorbike it's nice to have and relatively safe for going up and down the hill. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, Somnambulist said:

THAT would be absolutely crucial for me too!
The speed of the elevators...!!
The condo could be ailing!
The main thing is fast elevators !!

• Haha 2