Is living in wongamat good?

parafareno

I've often thought about moving from my noisy location in the red light district of Central Pattaya to the quieter area of Wong Amat Beach. Two things have blocked me so far - the longer walk from the beach to the Naklua Road to catch a Bath Bus and the Soi Dogs on this way (I got bitten by one once, but that in central Pattaya).

I have not been there for a while. Did things change in the meantime?

Regarding Jomtien - with better infrastructure there I would move tomorrow. 

I bought a condo in Jomtien in the 1990s!
After only 1 year sold again!
Long distances, no nightlife worth mentioning, for all purchases over the hill to Pattaya..Annoying!
At night or in the morning with the motorcycle from Pattaya to Jomtien....
Not easy to find a "companion" who goes along!
At the end of the world...;-)

With "Wong Amat" made everything right!
It has always been a "good address" and you can see that in the last 15 years, what was built there in condos and hotels, and is still being built!
Who the footpath to Naklua Rd. is too far, there are plenty of moped cabs, cabs, and of course BOLD!
On weekends often great parties at the "Bamboo Beach" with disc jockeys and several super girls!
Just have a look in the WWW !

On 10/3/2022 at 10:30 PM, parafareno said:

i guess there are lots of restaurants in wongamat

Where is wongamat? After nakula in the North. If correct, streets are extremely narrow but they seem to have expensive condos and lots of beach front restaurants. My GF take me there whenever we want to eat seafood by the beach (besides sitting on the jomtien beach)

Edited by Onerak

• 8 months later...

Where can one find public toilets on Wongmat? Went there a couple of times before covid and never noticed any (but didn't need them anyway then), but after having a nose around on Google street view there doesn't seem to be anything obvious like there is dotted around Jomtien.

Since my last visit I now have an ileostomy, so I'm a bit more careful about researching the bathroom situation before I go anywhere.

I’ve lived in both places. Jomtien a few years ago, and I’m currently in Wongamat. 

Jomtien has more going on, for sure. More restaurants, night markets, etc.  Baht buses running up and down Beach Road. Wongamat is less busy. More of a residential area.  Nice condos and some hotels mixed in. To be sure, there’s everything you need. Some restaurants, some convenience stores, street food.  They keep the beach pretty clean  It’s hard to get into too much trouble around here, although a Bolt taxi to central Pattaya doesn’t cost much.