Married visa BOI employment unacceptable

Trying to convert my smart visa of 5 years to married visa before retiring at the end of the year. The immigration here says employment under BOI does not count towards the requirement for income and that we need to go for the 400k option. 
Just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or is it a matter for individual IO.

If you have proof of 40k baht or more of income proven by tax payments it should be accepted.

You will need your work permit to prove your are working legally and possibley a copy of the company registration documents.

It does matter if it is BOI company or not.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe there is some confusion. I had a marriage visa and wanted to work for a BOI company in Bangkok.

Needed to change my marriage visa into a Non B to get a work permit at the BOI one stop shop.

You can just stay in your Non O and just get a work permit no need to change to non b

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have proof of 40k baht or more of income proven by tax payments it should be accepted.

You will need your work permit to prove your are working legally and possibley a copy of the company registration documents.

It does matter if it is BOI company or not.

I have all of that. Wife just took my passport to ask them about application. They just said employment under BOI cannot be used. I was surprised. 

8 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

I have all of that. Wife just took my passport to ask them about application. They just said employment under BOI cannot be used. I was surprised. 

Foreigner working here recently got married, his renewal was due so swapped from employment to marriage.

Boi company Chonburi, done at One Stop Sriracha.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Foreigner working here recently got married, his renewal was due so swapped from employment to marriage.

Boi company Chonburi, done at One Stop Sriracha.

Thank you for that. I’ll have another go. Yeah never heard of BOI employees being unable to demonstrate continuous employment for visa conversions.