Pattaya announces current regulations for pet owners

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The raising and releasing of dogs and cats are prohibited in every public area and on North Pattaya Road from Sukhumvit Road to the Dolphin roundabout (This doesn’t mean you can’t have a dog in or cat in this area but means you can’t release them here or have them in public).

They must be quaking in their flip flops

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just give them some entertainment!

poker-pool.jpg

Won't they be bored enough with playing a game like that? Anyway, call that entertainment??

Edited by possum1931

Just now, possum1931 said:

Won't they be bored enough with playing a game like that?

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Because the dirty things come and defecate in my garden instead of their own............:bah:

I always thought that cats dig a hole to sh!t in, then cover it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

They don't have "their own" garden , they are cats not people

Beg to differ, some Cat owners designate areas for their pets, even build them their own homes etc. away from the main house. So they do very much have "their own" area etc.

• Thanks 1

Until relatively recently one very rarely saw cats in Thailand , however was a surge in popularity recently  which can  probably  be traced back to one or more of those moronic "internet idols" the novelty is wearing off now , these "trends" never last long so expect to see a lot of miserable  abandoned cats in the near future. There is probably a good argument for a nationwide cull of strays, but in my opinion the stray dogs pose a greater threat.  Pity they can't develop a disease like myxomatoses to deal with the problem  

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Beg to differ, some Cat owners designate areas for their pets, even build them their own homes etc. away from the main house. So they do very much have "their own" area etc.

That is indeed a possible  solution,  a cat will always  prefer an area that is soft and easy to dig,  but to imply that cats recognise man made boundaries and defecate accordingly is clearly ludicrous, Dogs are a little different and will consider an enclosed area as their "own". but a cats territory  is often far larger than most can imagine

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Because the dirty things come and defecate in my garden instead of their own............:bah:

Perhaps you should establish what makes your garden so attractive to them, I have heard that spreading a bit of Rosemary around will repel them but not sure how effective it is , There also used to be some sort of ultrasonic device that was reputed to discourage them but again I;m not sure how effective it was, Failing that I believe Lion excrement keeps them away, so  a trip to the zoo might be in order, then again Lion excrement is probably worse than cat's

• Haha 1