Where to buy HOT English Mustard?

giddyup

18 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I did see it on Lazada, but was more interested in whether any supermarkets etc stock it. Also I'm a bit dubious as to how hot that Masterfoods brand is.

I see your asking for this in Pattaya which I am yonks away from, that said, I buy my Masterfoods Hot English Mustard from Villa Mart, if you have one near you, that would be your best bet, pricey though, I think I paid 175 baht a while's back for a small jar.

Going to Oz soon and it is on my hit list as is Vegemite because as we all know, imports here are velly expensive.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No hotter than the Colemans gloop you mentioned... 

Have you tried one before that you like and are looking for? perhaps upload a photo of this ‘hot stuff’ you are after.... 

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 10.17.25.png

Is this hot? I see it online described as "fiery" so maybe this is what I'm looking for. I always thought that Colman's had the word HOT on the label, but maybe not.

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I did see it on Lazada, but was more interested in whether any supermarkets etc stock it. Also I'm a bit dubious as to how hot that Masterfoods brand is.

Fear not, the Masterfoods brand is hot. Certainly hot enough for me, and I consume wasabi regularly. I bought two jars of the Masterfoods on Lazada recently.

I'm not sure how Colman's can describe their version as hot, I'd call it vinegary. Weak as.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I think the op may be referring to the powdered mustard. There is a shop in Hua Hin called Nannies. They sell it, and will post to you. Can find them on facebook.

They used to sell it at Lotus, but I was there yesterday and it was not on the shelves. That was hot though. I used to buy 2 tins mix it up with water and a dash of vinegar and it would last for ages.

• Like 2

Hot English Mustard is now on my shopping list. Thanks for the inspiration. Never thought that English mustard would be something to consider for whatever reason. But since it seems to be hot lets have a try. The hottest I know is the "Löwensenf" from Germany. For taste it is rather France than England but I am willing to expand my horizon. Thanks.

Edited by moogradod

I agree with the "gloop" description. The ready mix stuff in jars is not strong.

Until a few years ago I used to get packets of mustard powder from Makro. That was hot enough to bring tears to the eye. Unfortunately my Makro here in Buriram stopped stocking it but it might be worth looking around your local Makro.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, giddyup said:

Masterfoods pierces the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers (to quote from my favourite film). 

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

The ready made Colmans is nothing special but their powder is as hot as you care to make it.

1468722-colman-s-original-english-mustard-powder-113g-fop-066780.png.rendition.274.274.png

Totally agree with this.

The stuff in the jars is fairly mild in comparison to the powder.

As a backup I have used McGarretts' Mustard Powder which the sometimes they used to have in Makro.

image.jpeg.04ebb87134473e6a188ebc4c23ab141f.jpeg

But I bought a 16 0z (454) gram tin of Coleman's powder and still have some left after 2 years.

• Like 1