Police Gun Control to Be Tightened after Massacre

snoop1130

Just now, Cake Monster said:

Well !

They did recruit a known Drug user, and knowingly had him among their ranks for many Years without and help to cure his addiction 

And how do you know he never had any help to try to cure his addiction? I know of a few policemen who have been through recovery treatment. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

And how do you know he never had any help to try to cure his addiction? I know of a few policemen who have been through recovery treatment. 

You seem very close to the Police, and very agitated and protective over this issue.

Seems to run against the grain in many ways after the tragic events at the daycare Centre

End of contact

• Like 1

The gun used in the latest shooting was a private legally registered pistol. However this part makes good sense...

He also said he ordered police nationwide to step up measures to prevent rampage and seriously tackle illegal drug cartels of all sizes, especially those operating in communities.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

You seem very close to the Police, and very agitated and protective over this issue.

Seems to run against the grain in many ways after the tragic events at the daycare Centre

End of contact

I used to work in a treatment centre, so knew of many occupations. I have worked for the police. I am not agitated at all, strange thing to say. 

Rather childish, when called out to stop talking!  

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, richard_smith237 said:

This ‘gun control’....  

is it going to be as effective as enforcing traffic laws, as effective as enforcing helmet wearing, stopping at pedestrian crossings.... 

.. its all just hot air... 

Ban guns... Ban policemen from taking their guns home. 

Ban the army from taking their guns out of barracks. 

Jail time for those breaking the laws 

Its difficult because pandoras box is already open... but Australia managed it. 

That said - given the amount of guns in Thailand gun crime is not as prolific as it is in the states which by far exceeds countries such as Thailand on gun-death per capita basis. The problem is that something needs to be changed in the laws, there is a lot of information https://studydriver.com/gun-control/ about the nuances in the USA on this topic.

Something needs to be done of course - the knee jerk ‘controls to be tightened’ is just media lip-service, we know nothing will change because change takes effort. 

Agree with you. Thailand will have a long way to go to resolve the "gun control" situation. Given the amount of guns and their presence on the black market, it will not be possible to eradicate this soon. But it would be cleverer for them to start moving in this direction.