Second hand price list

Felt 35

I just checked on One2Car. com Yesterday i went to Nissan to enquire on buying a new car, I have a Nissan juke that is 8yrs old and only 64,000klm, i have cared for it and love it, they offered me 170k in exchange they are being sold for over 300k bye bye nissan i won't be up-grading a new car from you. I will get rid of my old NV and give the juke to the missus to drive. Tossers.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I just checked on One2Car. com Yesterday i went to Nissan to enquire on buying a new car, I have a Nissan juke that is 8yrs old and only 64,000klm, i have cared for it and love it, they offered me 170k in exchange they are being sold for over 300k bye bye nissan i won't be up-grading a new car from you. I will get rid of my old NV and give the juke to the missus to drive. Tossers.

So is what you saying that the dealer takes some 57% from the seller in profit when they sell it again????? On the other hand, but selfish thinking its maybe good to know because I have an offer on a Honda city 2013 private owned from new, want 310K so following the above room for bargaining.

Felt

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You could open taladrod.com and search... that's the second hand car sales site. Once you choose a car, it will show (near the bottom of the page) the price ranges of different variations and ages of that car model.

If you can't read Thai, open the page with Google Chrome and right click into a blank space, then choose Translate to English (or click on translate icon in the website address field).

image.png.0c6ca74048ae9505e345f4d470a8f1b1.png

image.png.078c37367972cf13d1fb169737b6709d.png

Example for first car that was listed on New cars today... a Civic:

image.png.03e6bcd6892fb2487a3902b7fd0e9c8d.png

See the price ranges at the bottom, medium price and price ranges (and offers in brackets below).

Thanks, allredy found it.

Felt

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

So is what you saying that the dealer takes some 57% from the seller in profit when they sell it again????? On the other hand, but selfish thinking its maybe good to know because I have an offer on a Honda city 2013 private owned from new, want 310K so following the above room for bargaining.

Felt

Bottom line is try and sell your own car privately.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, brianthainess said:

EVERY dealer will low ball you. They will most likely sell it to a tent and make a small profit. You should always sell cars privately if you have the time and dont need fast cash. If you had triend to sell toa few tents the offers would have been similar. Stick with toyota or honda for good resale value. Look at what old honda jazzes sell for in tents. 

A Toyota dealer just offered me 320k for my 2013 Vigo 4 door against a new mid range Vigo at 874k. I checked when I got home and see my year/model selling  locally for up to 475k but realistically achieving around 425k. My next door neighbor stopped by, a Chinese man I've known for two years, he said he'd give me 400k there and then! 

So yes, at least 100k under market value....sell privately.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Felt

The only thing with 2nd hand vehicles here is that there is no real consumer protection in my opinion.

The above said, if your mechanically minded or know someone who knows a little about cars, you should be fine.

I was going to buy second hand, but opted for new 7 years ago and have no regrets, what made me go new was the fact that the brother in law purchased a 2nd hand car from a (2nd hand dealer), I believe he had 3 months warranty, not sure as it was a while back as I mentioned above, anyway, blew the motor in the 4th month, didn't drive it often ust for going to the shops, looked straight and clean and had low kilometres.

Another was a guy who flew to Bangkok to pick up a year old car with low kilometres from a 2nd hand dealer, said he was saving at least 100k from buying new, all he had to do was drive it back to his place, some 10 hours.

He has had nothing but small problems with it since, took it to the dealership that makes them as his speedometer stopped working and when they looked at it, they said it was not the original, it had been replaced, so who knows how many kilometres it had, anyways when his registration was due, they were charging him for commercial use and he said no private, but the car is registered to a courier company sir, no, no it should be changed to my name by the dealer, so a few phone call later and a few days later he went back and changed it to his name and for private use to reduce the registration costs, I said courier, hmmm, they do a few kilometres don't they, so his 15,000 kilometre one year old car could have had 100,000 kilometres on it as far as he was concerned, that said, sometimes it's better to buy new, depending on your budget, but if you know of someone selling, has a good service history on the car, or know someone who knows about cars, take them along.

Only ever had 2 new cars, one here and one abroad, the rest where 2nd hand when I lived overseas, but there we have consumer protection laws, and if you change a speedometer or flip the kilometres back, you would wish you didn't, regardless, the dealer he purchased the vehicle from said he had no idea, he bought the car like that...lol 

Good luck regardless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

The only thing with 2nd hand vehicles here is that there is no real consumer protection in my opinion.

The above said, if your mechanically minded or know someone who knows a little about cars, you should be fine.

I was going to buy second hand, but opted for new 7 years ago and have no regrets, what made me go new was the fact that the brother in law purchased a 2nd hand car from a (2nd hand dealer), I believe he had 3 months warranty, not sure as it was a while back as I mentioned above, anyway, blew the motor in the 4th month, didn't drive it often ust for going to the shops, looked straight and clean and had low kilometres.

Another was a guy who flew to Bangkok to pick up a year old car with low kilometres from a 2nd hand dealer, said he was saving at least 100k from buying new, all he had to do was drive it back to his place, some 10 hours.

He has had nothing but small problems with it since, took it to the dealership that makes them as his speedometer stopped working and when they looked at it, they said it was not the original, it had been replaced, so who knows how many kilometres it had, anyways when his registration was due, they were charging him for commercial use and he said no private, but the car is registered to a courier company sir, no, no it should be changed to my name by the dealer, so a few phone call later and a few days later he went back and changed it to his name and for private use to reduce the registration costs, I said courier, hmmm, they do a few kilometres don't they, so his 15,000 kilometre one year old car could have had 100,000 kilometres on it as far as he was concerned, that said, sometimes it's better to buy new, depending on your budget, but if you know of someone selling, has a good service history on the car, or know someone who knows about cars, take them along.

Only ever had 2 new cars, one here and one abroad, the rest where 2nd hand when I lived overseas, but there we have consumer protection laws, and if you change a speedometer or flip the kilometres back, you would wish you didn't, regardless, the dealer he purchased the vehicle from said he had no idea, he bought the car like that...lol 

Good luck regardless.

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately I have little mechanical knowledge, having said that I have owned both large bikes and some cars abroad. But as you say Thailand is altogheter another story. I have actually owned 2 cars here, bought new, but what made me instead choose to rent car when I needed it instead of owning a car was at the time no possibility of garage parking and not least see my car month for month worn down by weather and wind as well as, in my opinion, by other road users and others' carelessness in relation to other people's possessions. Now things have improved somewhat in recent years, but if you are a precise and picky person... it still is ????
As for the aforementioned City, there is a relative who is "thinking maybe" to sell and buy a newer model. Only one owner/driver from new however in no rush to sell and I am in no rush to buy. But even for an 8-year-old car, I must admit it has been kept extremely well, but as this relative works in biological research, and by that drives quite a lot, so one week could be in the North and the next in the South, so the car has 130,000 km on the odometer. Is it too much, do a car start to break down when driven that milage, engine, brakes, etc.,? I don't know, but what I have offered for now is that I pay for a full check of the car at a mechanical workshop and if they don't find something that needs to be repaired and is expensive beyond normal small parts then Im still a possible buyer. If it turns out that there is a need for thorough replacement of engine parts, the brake system, or major rust damage on/under the car, I will still pay for the car inspection, but that will be it. Why Im interested in a old car well I hardly drive except one t/r south in the cooler months. I have had some rental cars for longer periods the last years and when seeing less than 200km monthly on the teller well then there are no good argumentation to buy a Thbmillion car IMO.

Felt????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

I must admit it has been kept extremely well, but as this relative works in biological research, and by that drives quite a lot, so one week could be in the North and the next in the South, so the car has 130,000 km on the odometer. Is it too much, do a car start to break down when driven that milage, engine, brakes, etc.,? I don't know

If it's a one owner and they are country miles, e.g. continuous travel, not stopping and starting and the owner looks after the car, regular services, changes oil with good oils every 10-15,000 kilometre, should still be like a new car IMO.

My car is 7 years old, has over 200,000 kilometres on it, has oils changed every 15,000 kilometres, filters etc and does country miles, never had an issue, if I noticed something I would take it to the dealer, get a confirmation, price and then take it to a mechanic and have them do it for less than half the price, that said, I do allow the dealership to change things every now and again to be fair, but not when their prices are over the top, that said, they are happy to accommodate me because they know to get repeat business, they need to keep it on the straight and narrow so to speak.

All of the above said the car still drives like new and I am not looking to change it until it's absolutely necessary.

The way I see things when purchasing a new car here is it shouldn't cost you over 1,300 baht per week to use & enjoy it, this doesn't include, insurance and maintenance costs of course, they are part and parcel of having the car and, by the time it's 8 years old, it would have paid for itself, that said, the 1,300 baht per week takes into account a resale value of 250,000 baht at year 8.

Less headaches than 2nd hand (mostly) and cheaper than a rental over the long run IMO.

• Like 1

I have owned three new vehicles here and kept each one for about seven years, all were Honda or Toyota. I sold each one for more than 50% of the purchase price plus I made substantial amounts on the exchange rate for the first two vehicles. As I wrote earlier, my current Vigo looks like it will return over 50% of the purchase price also, all of which is a really good deal, I think. I rented on a monthly basis, a long time ago plus my wife also bought a used car several years ago which was an absolute disaster financially. For me there's no other way to go than to buy a new vehicle, it just makes so much sense on every front.