Is it now 45 days for visa on entry for American?

Planning a trip longer than 30days maybe up to 59 days. I am wanting to avoid wasting a day to go to an immigration office to extend for 1900 baht.   I have been searching because I thought a 45 day VOE was in place for 6 months?  I've created an account to apply for a 60 day tourist visa if needed but that requires  proof of a prepaid flight which is ok unless you pick an economy flight ( which I usually do) with a change fee. 

I do plan to visit Cambodia to see angor wat.  So I assume as long as I do that trip within the first 30 days I can get another 30 days upon my return border crossing.   

As I understand it if I have a SETV and leave the country it voids that. 

Oh the reason for the trip is wife has been away 18 months and I plan to slow cook 2 pigs and buy booze for a village wedding. 

• Like 1

If I do apply for a e visa I guess I could just book a flight and send in a scan of the confirmation page, then cancel within 24 hours.    And rebook as my visa is approved and plans are firmed up? They also want proof of is it 40k baht in a bank account.  Do I just print out a recent e-statement and send that in.  So far I have read the specific form these required documents must be. 

First up it's not visa on arrival.

You mean visa exempt entry.

Currently that gives a 45 day stamp untill march 31 2023.

The onward flight requirement from Airline at departure has "easy get around".

Border entries visa exempt also give 45 day stamp.

Cannot see any reason for a tourist visa with your plans. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for reply.   I thought it was 45 days " visa exempt".  But the thaievisa website isn't updated to do this.  Surprise surprise. When your looking to visit as a tourist it  asks what is your country, then where you reside, then how many days you plan to visit. If you put 31-44 days it still says you need tourist visa. 

Screenshot_20221010-031719_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20221010-031856_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Thanks for reply.   I thought it was 45 days " visa exempt".  But the thaievisa website isn't updated to do this.  Surprise surprise. When your looking to visit as a tourist it  asks what is your country, then where you reside, then how many days you plan to visit. If you put 31-44 days it still says you need tourist visa. 

The e visa site is only for applying for a visa issued by a embassy or consulate,

They do not post info about visa exempt entries.

Many embassies have info for visa exempt entries but it is not always kept up to date.

For example this info on the embassy in the US is not up to date and has outdated info. See: https://thaiembdc.org/visaexemption/