Poll shows most Thais unable to earn enough to make ends meet

snoop1130

My 120k bht a month is “helping” taking care of a lot of immediate family members here! Unfortunately it doesn’t stop here , some of my life savings are bailing out my 2 kids back in California, one kid lost his lucrative job selling cars and the other had a very successful restaurant business until covid came!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, MrJ2U said:

Amazes me.

One kilo of raw chicken wings from Tesco's was 440 baht.  A day and half wages.  

In the US the same Kilogram of wings would be around 260 baht.  

Huge problem having two families own Tesco's, Big C, Makros, and 7/11.

Total monopoly. 

So not a monopoly then .

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

I do

You have to realise that that stage of life has passed you by .

Its something that teenagers and younger people do .

You spent all your younger years having one night stands with 500 people , that now having a honest loving relationship has passed you by .

Once you get into becoming g a regular monger , its often difficult to go back to regular relationships  .

You will either have to go to Asia and rescue a bar girl or find a woman in Australia of the same age who also wants to hold hands with someone or just accept that stage of life has passed you by 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:43 PM, Orinoco said:

And some farmers make 300 baht a day.

Ps, But some how they still find money for lottery tickets. 

Ahh but how many daughters do they have? ????

Edited by barmatt

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You have to realise that that stage of life has passed you by .

Its something that teenagers and younger people do .

You spent all your younger years having one night stands with 500 people , that now having a honest loving relationship has passed you by .

Once you get into becoming g a regular monger , its often difficult to go back to regular relationships  .

You will either have to go to Asia and rescue a bar girl or find a woman in Australia of the same age who also wants to hold hands with someone or just accept that stage of life has passed you by 

Captain positive as always. I know 78yos with more zest for life than 25yos. Life is a mindset. Views on how relationships should operate are out of date by 70 years.

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Captain positive as always. I know 78yos with more zest for life than 25yos. Life is a mindset. Views on how relationships should operate are out of date by 70 years.

Good luck.

Try finding yourself young pretty girlfriend who wants to walk around holding hands and is content being with a guy who is past his prime and who cannot offer any future security and might not still be alive when any future children reach 20 years of age  , those requirements haven't gone out of date and they are still current .

That is the reality , and if you aren't a multi millionaire , you will find it difficult/impossible to find a girlfriend

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Try finding yourself young pretty girlfriend who wants to walk around holding hands and is content being with a guy who is past his prime and who cannot offer any future security and might not still be alive when any future children reach 20 years of age  , those requirements haven't gone out of date and they are still current .

That is the reality , and if you aren't a multi millionaire , you will find it difficult/impossible to find a girlfriend

90% of people have little money. Many have gfs or wives.

Only millionaires have gfs 5555

Geez I dont know what you think at times. No wonder you are single.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

90% of people have little money. Many have gfs or wives.

Only millionaires have gfs 5555

Geez I dont know what you think at times. No wonder you are single.

Well I disagree with 90 % of people having little money . But those struggling financially often have invested in properties or family and so they are content with a limited income .

That's a different situation from guys about 50 years old suddenly wanting to find themselves a girlfriend who is 25 years younger than them .

People find partners when they are about 20 , get married, have a family and buy a house .

50 year old guys missed that boat as they concentrated on having sex with prostitutes when they were younger 

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

The average Thai guy has no money. The average farang seems "rich" to a Thai woman. 

A Thai woman dating a 65yo farang who has a child would be thinking hmm in 15 years he be dead I inherit money. Kid gets money. 

You are talking about Issan village life ?

There are many rich middle class property owning Thai people and they wouldn't be impressed by a westerners pension income 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well I disagree with 90 % of people having little money . But those struggling financially often have invested in properties or family and so they are content with a limited income .

That's a different situation from guys about 50 years old suddenly wanting to find themselves a girlfriend who is 25 years younger than them .

People find partners when they are about 20 , get married, have a family and buy a house .

50 year old guys missed that boat as they concentrated on having sex with prostitutes when they were younger 

Most people marry 25+ now. 50 to 60% get divorced.

It sounds like you never married.

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are talking about Issan village life ?

There are many rich middle class property owning Thai people and they wouldn't be impressed by a westerners pension income 

Avg thai property is worth about $80,000. Avg Thai income is about 20,000 baht a month.

Bkk has top 5 to 10% money. Under that mostly struggling.

So 90% of Thai women have little money. 35m Thai women. Say 10m in your select age bracket earning 20,000 baht or so on average.

So 10m potential gfs. Say half taken. Leaves 5m targets.

23 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

du·op·o·ly

a situation in which two suppliers dominate the market for a commodity or service.

There's a ton of different places to buy chicken and groceries besides Tesco, Big C, Makro, and 7/11.

17 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Bang Kae avg suburb in bkk. A$50,000 gets you a condo.

The average farang could buy a couple.

The average Thai owns 50% of 1.

I really cannot understand what you are saying 

Edit: Just worked it out 

Bang Khae is an average suburb in Bangkok and you can buy a Condo there for AUD$ 50 000 .

The average felang could buy two of those Condos and the average Thai could just buy half a Condo   ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I really cannot understand what you are saying 

Edit: Just worked it out 

Bang Khae is an average suburb in Bangkok and you can buy a Condo there for AUD$ 50 000 .

The average felang could buy two of those Condos and the average Thai could just buy half a Condo   ?

You are English, I speak English. I hope you understand.

Anyway who cares. Life is short. Date whoever you want.

2 hours ago, Myran said:

There's a ton of different places to buy chicken and groceries besides Tesco, Big C, Makro, and 7/11.

Besides the fresh market that sell questionable cuts of meat there is no other place in our area that sells poultry, pork, etc.

Topps, an hours drive is even more expensive.

Perhaps you live next to a chicken farm or KFC? 

Edited by MrJ2U