Circumcision

RabidRenu

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Probably just that a little child can't communicate the pain as an adult can. Probably more sensitive. Probably the baby is thinking what the <deleted> is this. Leave the peen alone. 

I understand your position and I agree they should leave it alone.

But it seems it is really a minor procedure on a young child and a hurtful operation on an adult.

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Circumcised is about 50% lower HIV risk.

Jeez, if you're with a stranger use protection, Prep, see test results, etc. etc., which applies whether you're cut or not. Sex ed, not slashing.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Foreskins look gross. Seen them in movies. No thanks. Plus unhygienic. Science says. 

Kinda agree with that, being circumcised, foreskins do look gross.

As for sensitivity, it's hard to say as I haven't got a before and after to compare with, but it's definitely sensitive enough and no need for dick pills like most guys.

Plus the most powerful sexual organ is between the ears about 90%, that's more important

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't think that adults should be able to legally chop bits of babies off , shouldn't matter if they are related .

Seems bizarre considering the opposition to "smacking" due to it being "so barbaric 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those barking about 'genital mutilation'  are equating removal of some useless skin with the removal of one of life's greatest pleasures?

Only one gender is a victim in post-natal surgery, and it isn't the gender with penises.

Personally, I think the 'convertible' is much more sporty looking than the 'coupe'. You might have a different opinion for your Army of One.

I'm grateful my parents made that decision for me, rather than 'let me decide' and have to undergo a procedure (or not) as an adult. It has saved me time washing up, may well have prevented a UTI or two or a penile infection, and that skin removal never got in the way of me enjoying the biological imperative.

As an aside, is this thread finally going to dethrone "Do You Believe in God and Why" as the longest ever?

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It is not child abuse either way.

It is when it's done to girls in most countries, legally so.

And common sense tells you that when it's done to boys it also is.

It's just that this practice was started in a different era in the West back when human rights, in general, weren't that great.

You know that people wouldn't just start doing it nowadays. It would be an unthinkable practice to just conjure up nowadays.

The fact that it continues, routinely, is either due to religious belief which is inherently backwards and dumb, or it's just a money-maker for a sickening healthcare system (can only think of America).

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1

Well fellas' and perhaps a lady or two? Thank you very much for the colourful feedback on my request for doctor info for this seemingly controversial procedure. We will be visiting the docs this morning (wont say where) wouldn''t want to be met with a clangy lump of ol' men with placards, jars of preserved foreskin and tears. Seriously do appreciate the commentary, and it's not an easy decision and hence if we do go forward finding the most experienced medical professional would be our top concern. Enjoy the cool weather and standby for my upcoming manual versus electric breast pump post...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Its skin. Just wasted excess disease increasing skin.

It is truly a fascinating phenomenon how humans place sexual health on such high level of importance, yet we, as a species, typically destroy our health in many other pleasurable ways (including our vital organs)  and also take unnecessary risks (that could result in immediate death).

But, nope, gotta keep our reproductive health perfect.

We are like kamakazee shaggers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, 2009 said:

It is when it's done to girls in most countries, legally so.

And common sense tells you that when it's done to boys it also is.

It's just that this practice was started in a different era in the West back when human rights, in general, weren't that great.

You know that people wouldn't just start doing it nowadays. It would be an unthinkable practice to just conjure up nowadays.

The fact that it continues, routinely, is either due to religious belief which is inherently backwards and dumb, or it's just a money-maker for a sickening healthcare system (can only think of America).

It's not the same as with females.

Why would something so obvious wait until now to be discovered. 

Don't like it? Don't do it to yourself or your male children.

Otherwise none of your business!

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, RabidRenu said:

Well fellas' and perhaps a lady or two? Thank you very much for the colourful feedback on my request for doctor info for this seemingly controversial procedure. We will be visiting the docs this morning (wont say where) wouldn''t want to be met with a clangy lump of ol' men with placards, jars of preserved foreskin and tears. Seriously do appreciate the commentary, and it's not an easy decision and hence if we do go forward finding the most experienced medical professional would be our top concern. Enjoy the cool weather and standby for my upcoming manual versus electric breast pump post...

Given this post,and the fact he merely asked for a Doctor recommendation not opinion and debate on the procedure, this can now be closed.

CLOSED

• Thanks 1