Circumcision

RabidRenu

44 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, with the greatest respect, you obviously had some sort of medical issue with your foreskin meaning that removal was preferable.  Not really applicable to the generality of the discussion at hand.  While you have my sympathy, of course.

I don't want or need your sympathy, there is nothing to be sympathetic about. For someone who has posted a lot on this subject, you seem to have no practical knowledge of the outcome of a circumcision, other than wild speculation that appears to be based on rumours and guesswork. What exactly are your qualifications, to back up your assumptions?

Edited by MrMuddle
better vocabulary added

27 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Sounds gross. No thanks. 

Sexual sensation and a protected glans sounds gross to you?  Do you know what made you feel this way?

I can't think of any logical reason for a disgust response to basic, healthy human anatomy.

This is where suspicions of some sort of cognitive dissonance comes from.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

I can't remember being circumcised. I'm quite happy I was, no irritation and easy to keep clean. Nothing religious involved, it was probably just recommended by the doctors of that era.

Talk of it being a cruel genital mutilation is rubbish, I've never had a problem enjoying sex. Female circumcision, yes.

As for the claim intact people get more sensation, I am somewhat baffled how any scientific study could come up with an experimental design to support the assertion.

Just now, BangkokReady said:

That's subjective.  No woman is going to turn you down because you have foreskin.  Maybe if you don't wash.

So should someone cut off their child's foreskin while they are a baby based on this?

Countries where circumcision is not at all common have no problems.  It simply isn't an issue.

Science says you are wrong. You cannot make up your own science.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Nope.  Uncircumcised countries are just fine.  There is no medical need for circumcision.  Intact people are perfectly safe.

Circumcised men have a 25% lower risk of genital herpes and a 35% lower risk of HPV, the virus that causes genital warts and cancers.

https://www.webmd.com/men/news/20090325/circumcision-cuts-stds

Edited by Sparktrader

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Circumcised men have a 25% lower risk of genital herpes and a 35% lower risk of HPV, the virus that causes genital warts and cancers.

So much blah blah.  No uncircumcised countries are panicking and asking people to get circumcised to stop some kind of pandemic.

The reason people do it has nothing to do with cleanliness or safety.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1