Circumcision

RabidRenu

Hello, as the title suggests, I'm looking to get my soon-to-be newborn son circumcised. Our [Nakhon Phanom] OB says he won't/doesn't do it and came up with a silly excuse regarding urination... Anyway, I'm hoping there might be some people out there living in our region that may know of a good surgeon. I know we could fly down to BKK, but it seems a little drastic for a week-old baby and mama to endure on top of the procedure.

Thanks

RR

Edited by onthedarkside
location mistake corrected

We didn’t...   I’m not for it, but not against it.

Valid arguments for both sides and I don’t hear about circumcised guys moaning about it, so its obviously not really an issue.

I thought circumcision was the norm in Thailand. When our son was born we were asked if we wanted him circumcised - I said no....   one of the Wife’s cousins asked why not, I asked her why !.. 

Its a personal thing for the family I guess.... Lots of hospitals (nearly all of them) will do. 

There is very likely another paediatrician at the same hospital who will do it for your son. 

I guess you have to ask yourself, is it really important to you that he’s circumcised. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

More hygenic.

Those were perhaps the reason in the past...  

... but for those of us who wash our children, hygiene is not an issue. 

I can’t think of a really valid reason for it anymore. 

But, I don’t really see how its harmful either. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

For us Jewish born males it is a "bris", and normally a nice ceremony is done. 

bris

brĭs

noun

1. The rite or ceremony of male circumcision, usually performed on the eighth day of life.
  2. the Jewish rite of circumcision.
  3. ritualmalecircumcision

https://www.newhealthadvisor.org/Circumcised-Vs-Uncircumcised.html

Health

People usually circumcise the penis because compared with the circumcised penis, men who are not circumcised are at increased risk of many health conditions. It has been reported that:

• There is over 12 times the risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs) in uncircumcised infants compared with circumcised infants. What's more, this trend continues into adulthood, with the lifetime cumulated UTI prevalence 1 in 20 for circumcised men, but 1 in 3 for uncircumcised men.
  • Leaving the penis uncircumcised increases the risk of penile skin inflammation and infection three-fold. Different types of penile inflammation include those of the glans (balanitis), foreskin (posthitis), and both the glans and foreskin (balanoposthitis). Men can also suffer from inability to retract the foreskin (phimosis) and penile constriction due to a tight foreskin that doesn't return following retraction (paraphimosis). It's estimated that up to 18% uncircumcised boys will get one of the conditions by the age of eight. However, as circumcision removes the foreskin, the incidence of these conditions is much lower in circumcised males.

Increased risk hiv too.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Let him decide when he gets old enough to make that choice

In principle I think that is a good idea.

But there seems to be one important difference. If it is done on a child, then is almost doesn't hurt.

If it's done with an adult, it hurts a lot and for weeks. At least that is what a friend told me who had to do it for medical reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Well I  have survived 75 years, 60 of those involving the use of my penis, without any of the problems you quote. my younger brother, 73, was circumcised, and also has had no problems down below. 

Carry on mutilating your baby if you think it is good for him.

So on this topic we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, STALINGRAD said:

Actually a Mosque would be a source of answers to the OP question. Somewhat easier to find than a deli or Synagogue here in Thailand.

Is there even one mohel operating in Thailand and if there were what they do is based on a ritual ceremony so they wouldn't be interested in just doing a soulless cut job.

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic comment removed

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

chicks dig it.

Sex partners usually prefer what they're more used to in their experience and culture with exceptions like fetishists (who are more likely to be into cut than not). 

If you cut the chances of him complaining about it later are remote and the chances of there being a medical problem with not cutting are more likely. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sex partners usually prefer what they're more used to in their experience and culture with exceptions like fetishists (who are more likely to be into cut than not). 

If you cut the chances of him complaining about it later are remote and the chances of there being a medical problem with not cutting are more likely. 

i can see you're a ladies man. 

• Love It 1

46 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Well I  have survived 75 years, 60 of those involving the use of my penis, without any of the problems you quote. my younger brother, 73, was circumcised, and also has had no problems down below. 

Carry on mutilating your baby if you think it is good for him.

After child birth it's nothing

• Thanks 1