Britain is Broken !

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is a false allegation . 

I have never made anything up .

Do stop lying .

The forum which it broke, I am not allowed to comment on that 

You say it's false.   You say you didn't make anything up.  You call me a liar,  but you won't give an example to prove your point that you didn't make it up.  You even go as far as to claim you can't say which forum rule would be broken by giving an example because that in itself would break some mysterious forum rule.  Laughable. ????

Just now, Slip said:

You say it's false.   You say you didn't make anything up.  You call me a liar,  but you won't give an example to prove your point that you didn't make it up.  You even go as far as to claim you can't say which forum rule would be broken by giving an example because that in itself would break some mysterious forum rule.  Laughable. ????

Its against forum rules to comment on moderation 

On 11/1/2022 at 10:06 PM, Slip said:

Often denied on here?  It's the first I've seen of it.  Can you provide any examples?

Meanwhile the local Tory MPs have been steaming in and quashing those deals in short order.  (In their own constituencies at least).

Here's another hotel which is closed to paying guests and free for asylum seekers , been closed for 17 months now . 

Couple's wedding reception cancelled because hotel is being used to house migrants

The Home Office has said it had no choice but to book hotels for migrants despite weddings having to be cancelled, it has been reported.

It comes after reports that a bride and groom saw their wedding reception cancelled 11 days before so a hotel could house migrants.

According to The Times the department has paid out large sums to block book rooms to cope with an influx of people crossing the Channel.

Property entrance

Individually decorated, desk, iron/ironing board, free WiFi

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/couples-wedding-reception-cancelled-because-24598832

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 3:21 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Here's another hotel which is closed to paying guests and free for asylum seekers , been closed for 17 months now . 

Couple's wedding reception cancelled because hotel is being used to house migrants

The Home Office has said it had no choice but to book hotels for migrants despite weddings having to be cancelled, it has been reported.

It comes after reports that a bride and groom saw their wedding reception cancelled 11 days before so a hotel could house migrants.

According to The Times the department has paid out large sums to block book rooms to cope with an influx of people crossing the Channel.

<photos snipped>

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/couples-wedding-reception-cancelled-because-24598832

Why are you quoting me with this?  I have made no comment on whether or not hotels are closing to normal customers due to housing immigrants.  All I said was that I haven't seen anyone on here denying that is true and asked you to provide me with an example, which you can't or won't do on the basis that it is somehow 'commenting on moderation'.

For the record I have no problem with your suggestion that local councils are booking out entire hotels to house asylum seekers.  I only said I hadn't seen anyone on here denying it as you claimed.  You won't support that claim.  Up to you.

Just now, Slip said:

Why are you quoting me with this?  I have made no comment on whether or not hotels are closing to normal customers due to housing immigrants.  All I said was that I haven't seen anyone on here denying that is true and asked you to provide me with an example, which you can't or won't do on the basis that it is somehow 'commenting on moderation'.

For the record I have no problem with your suggestion that local councils are booking out entire hotels to house asylum seekers.  I only said I hadn't seen anyone on here denying it as you claimed.  You won't support that claim.  Up to you.

Does it really matter as to whether anyone on here has denied it or not ?

That aspect really is of little importance .

Unless you can claim to have read and remembered every single post here on this forum , you claims to not seen anyone denying it are irrelevant .

Anyway , I really don't want to get onto a bickering match about such a unimportant point .

Putting asylum seekers in four star hotels isn't going to discourage more from crossing the sea to get to the UK .

You cam understand some peoples resentment , their wedding gets cancelled, their council tax goes up  , people are living on the streets , and these people get four star hotel accommodation  

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, Slip said:

The Courts rules in favour of the asylum seekers 

Ipswich and Yorkshire councils lose asylum hotels legal fight

Two English councils have failed in attempts to block asylum seekers from being relocated to large hotels in their areas.

In a judgment published on Friday, the High Court said that neither had shown there was a legal case to prevent the Home Office's contractors from using hotel accommodation.

Ipswich Borough Council and the East Riding of Yorkshire Council had both argued that hotels were being converted to hostels, in breach of their local planning controls.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63604393

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Courts rules in favour of the asylum seekers 

Ipswich and Yorkshire councils lose asylum hotels legal fight

Two English councils have failed in attempts to block asylum seekers from being relocated to large hotels in their areas.

In a judgment published on Friday, the High Court said that neither had shown there was a legal case to prevent the Home Office's contractors from using hotel accommodation.

Ipswich Borough Council and the East Riding of Yorkshire Council had both argued that hotels were being converted to hostels, in breach of their local planning controls.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63604393

The court ruled in favour of the Home Office Contractors.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, ivor bigun said:

cant we house pensioners there instead?oh i forgot they paid their taxes and worked all their lives ,they dont count.

UK & France sign landmark £63m deal to stop migrants crossing Channel as Rishi hails deployment of British officials

A LANDMARK £63 million deal with France to help tackle illegal migration has been hailed by Rishi Sunak - and he plans to deepen ties in the months ahead.  

The Prime Minister says only by working with other countries can you make progress - in a broadside at Liz Truss who angered the French over her "friend or foe" comment.  

Suella Braverman signs a historic deal with French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin, to tackle the small boats crisis

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/20417482/uk-france-small-boats-deal/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunmainfacebook&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3GivnbfPVIofRTBPDQJWA6GcLuYUymSf66yP6eYk_bQVIqb9-Z3J2H91s#Echobox=1668411433

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 3:31 PM, Slip said:

There seems to have been a change of policy , UK immigration are putting Albanian illegal immigrants straight on a airplane back to Tirana after they arrive in rubber dinghies 

Nine Albanians are deported straight from the Home Office processing centre

Nine Albanians were removed directly from the Home Office's processing centre on Thursday after arriving in Britain by small boat, the Mail can reveal.

They were among a group of 26 Albanians sent home aboard a charter flight to Tirana.

Twelve of those on the flight were foreign national offenders who had been handed combined jail sentences of more than 24 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/nine-albanians-are-deported-straight-from-the-home-office-processing-centre/ar-AA14eWTV?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=0b2dd33f845a48e780937ee1002e2ecb

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 4:54 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

There seems to have been a change of policy , UK immigration are putting Albanian illegal immigrants straight on a airplane back to Tirana after they arrive in rubber dinghies 

Nine Albanians are deported straight from the Home Office processing centre

Nine Albanians were removed directly from the Home Office's processing centre on Thursday after arriving in Britain by small boat, the Mail can reveal.

They were among a group of 26 Albanians sent home aboard a charter flight to Tirana.

Twelve of those on the flight were foreign national offenders who had been handed combined jail sentences of more than 24 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/nine-albanians-are-deported-straight-from-the-home-office-processing-centre/ar-AA14eWTV?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=0b2dd33f845a48e780937ee1002e2ecb

Would like to hear the ones from France in rubber boats parachuted into France in a portacabin.

I'm twisted on this, my father was an Irish immigrant brought in to work in the English coalmines, so I'm not against migration per se. And one has to admit these were usually young fit males who caused some tensions in local communities. 

1 minute ago, nausea said:

I'm twisted on this, my father was an Irish immigrant brought in to work in the English coalmines, so I'm not against migration per se. And one has to admit these were usually young fit males who caused some tensions in local communities. 

Just for clarification , was your Father "bought" to the U.K to work in coalmine's, or did he freely travel to the UK to find work ?

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
18 minutes ago, nausea said:

Just for clarification , was your Father "bought" to the U.K to work in coalmine's, or did he freely travel to the UK to find work ?

He was recruited in Ireland and ended up marrying an Engish woman. Hence me. I can say being neither in one camp or the other wasn't really conducive to a good life but genetics won out.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, nausea said:

He was recruited in Ireland and ended up marrying an Engish woman. Hence me. I can say being neither in one camp or the other wasn't really conducive to a good life but genetics won out.

No one is opposed to people coming to work in the U.K  , but with the amount of people coming from Europe (six-ten million) to work, I just think there should be some restrictions in place , like needing a visa and things , rather than ten million people all freely steaming into the UK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No one is opposed to people coming to work in the U.K  ,

How can anyone make such a crass statement?

You cannot make a statement that "no one is opposed" to anything as you cannot have possibly asked everybody!

The best you can do is show the results of a well-recognised poll with links!

Of course, there are people against people coming to work in the UK!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, DezLez said:

How can anyone make such a crass statement?

You cannot make a statement that "no one is opposed" to anything as you cannot have possibly asked everybody!

The best you can do is show the results of a well-recognised poll with links!

Of course, there are people against people coming to work in the UK!

Yes, of course , they would always be one or a few .

What I did mean and should have said was "generally", rather than "no one"

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 6:29 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Our survey says :

Luton

55% White , 30 % Asian

Christian 48 % , Muslims 23 %

Updated figures 

Leicester and Luton are now two of the 14 areas in the U.K where White people are in the minority 

Leicester and Luton among 14 areas where white population now in minority

LeicesterLuton and Birmingham are among the areas of England where people identifying as white now form a minority of the population, census data shows.

Some 14 local authorities recorded more than half of their usual residents as identifying with an ethnic group other than white, with the highest proportion in the London boroughs of Newham (69.2%), Brent (65.4%) and Redbridge (65.2%).

Outside London the highest non-white proportion is in Slough in Berkshire (64.0%), followed by Leicester (59.1%), Luton (54.8%) and Birmingham (51.4%)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/leicester-and-luton-among-14-areas-where-white-population-now-in-minority/ar-AA14GYCI?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=33c9a77f0b554e0a9cc4e56cad85b492

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Updated figures 

Leicester and Luton are now two of the 14 areas in the U.K where White people are in the minority 

LeicesterLuton and Birmingham are among the areas of England where people identifying as white now form a minority of the population, census data shows.

Some 14 local authorities recorded more than half of their usual residents as identifying with an ethnic group other than white, with the highest proportion in the London boroughs of Newham (69.2%), Brent (65.4%) and Redbridge (65.2%).

Outside London the highest non-white proportion is in Slough in Berkshire (64.0%), followed by Leicester (59.1%), Luton (54.8%) and Birmingham (51.4%)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/leicester-and-luton-among-14-areas-where-white-population-now-in-minority/ar-AA14GYCI?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=33c9a77f0b554e0a9cc4e56cad85b492

I heard on LBC London radio today probably old news but i never knew the 2nd most spoken language in UK is Polish and the 3rd one now Romanian.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 4:25 AM, 2009 said:

But they ain't leaching the social security system.

Back in the old days, migrants went for work to make an honest living.

The Chinese, Indians, Irish, Polish, Greek, Italians.....they spread to America, the UK, and Australia (etc.) to work hard and make an honest living.

I don't care if they had a valid visa or not. They were a good migrant.

Now, it isn't like that. It's all about abusing the social welfare system; they don't want to work.

Believe me the people who are the most unhappy in the UK right now with illegal immigrants are the legal immigrants and their legal immigrant families!

They want to know why their wives,husbands,aunts,uncles and cousins have to jump through all the hoops while the dinghy people land on our shores to be housed in five star luxury with every benefit known to man?

On 10/13/2022 at 12:36 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Because it’s a reliable source with that offers reporting on a broad spectrum of subjects.

That said you’ll not find much discussion of what dress some tv star wore last night, or anything on the lover’s tiff going on between someone who was once in a girl band.

Known as ‘The Guarniad’ for it’s junior school proofreading and spelling,plus the begging bowl is out every time you access it online maybe they sponsor the infamous ‘spongers in orange’ monks in Thailand? ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Updated figures 

A race fixation thing goin on, I wonder?

26 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Believe me the people who are the most unhappy in the UK right now with illegal immigrants are the legal immigrants and their legal immigrant families!

They want to know why their wives,husbands,aunts,uncles and cousins have to jump through all the hoops while the dinghy people land on our shores to be housed in five star luxury with every benefit known to man?

Is that the view from Phnom Penh you are asking us to believe?

A number of posts using oversized fonts have been edited to reduce the font size to normal, please observe the following when posting:

6. After pasting a reply format the text you have pasted. An easy way to do this is to click the "Paste as plain text instead" option at the bottom of the reply box.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:05 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Updated figures 

"I'm not wrong"

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"I'm not wrong"

Does it matter, back in 1990's Luton was of already heavy populated with Asians so it doesn't surprised me that they have mutiplied over the years and get what they want, that's what they do, same Southall. 

Integration was a pipe dream.