Britain is Broken !

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Well, based on how much the GBP has fallen after Brexit it seems you don't really know what's best for you.

Many reasons for that it's seems people's like you only like democracy when it suits you.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

- Yes, and I have great hope the younger generation of Brits vote to do this in the not too distant future.

- Not of your business.

- See above reply.

Ignorance beyond belief the younger generation will not be able to get back in EU. 

Do you see what is happening in France, Italy and other member countries that to is a mess. 

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have my suspicions that you are from an E.U Country and you want the UK to re-join again  because it is a benefit to your own Country and the UK re-joining will mean Germany is less dominant ?

You want to UK to rejoin because it will benefit you ?

I want the UK to rejoin because it benefits the whole of Europe (of which the UK is a part), plain and simple.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Of course you haven't and don't. I mean, why on earth would you watch something that so clearly proves your long held beliefs are completely wrong?

An anti-Brexit propaganda video proves nothing.

If the world wasn't preoccupied with Covid and the resulting 'cost of lockdown' crisis, plus the Ukraine war, post-Brexit UK would be in a very different position now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

If the world wasn't preoccupied with Covid and the resulting 'cost of lockdown' crisis, plus the Ukraine war, post-Brexit UK would be in a very different position now. 

True, for you Brexiteers it would have been a much worse place since you wouldn't have been able to hide behind Covid and Putin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

True, for you Brexiteers it would have been a much worse place since you wouldn't have been able to hide behind Covid and Putin.

oh stop with your constant moaning ,you lost get over it ,we aint joining again .

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

oh stop with your constant moaning ,you lost get over it ,we aint joining again .

I'm sure you'll rejoin once the care packages sent from the mainland to starving Brits finally wakes up enough people.

And I didn't lose. The EU and in particular the UK lost.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its an undeniable fact they both Covid and the Ukraine was has had an effect on the Worlds/UK's economy 

And it is an undeniable fact that Brexit has had an effect on the UK's economy.

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The weight of evidence suggests that Brexit has had a negative effect on the UK. 

Covid and the Ukraine war have had a negative effect on the world's economy, but there is nothing to suggest that there would have been any economic benefits to the UK in their absence as a result of Brexit, or that there will be any benefits in the short/ medium term.

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Could it be that they just work for small wages and then claim benifits?

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

In England you can work and still get govt benefits. 

If these people were that keen on maximising their welfare payments, they'd be better off starting in France

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_social_welfare_spending

Maybe that's the answer to the refugee issue. Hand out flyers in Calais informing refugees that France has a more generous welfare system. Problem solved. No more demand for the illegal channel crossings. 

Can't understand why the UK government hasn't thought of this?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Without thinking about it too much I never as a kid wanted to join the EU. 

So Brexit to me right or wrong it was not about money or business it was about freedom and not having other countries controlling UK. 

In what ways are Brits freer now than they were in 2015?

The idea that the UK was controlled from Brussels was a myth. The vast majority of legislation originating from the EU was unanimously agreed by all member states. 

Between 1997 - 2016, the UK was 'forced' to implement 3% of EU legislation against its' will. Imo a small compromise to have to make and not significantly different to any other member state.

1 minute ago, RayC said:

The idea that the UK was controlled from Brussels was a myth. The vast majority of legislation originating from the EU was unanimously agreed by all member states. 

Yes, if the U.K wanted to make a new legislation , we would need  rest of the E.Us agreement before we could proceed , we couldn't make our own legislations .

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RayC said:

Between 1997 - 2016, the UK was 'forced' to implement 3% of EU legislation against its' will. Imo a small compromise to have to make and not significantly different to any other member state.

i don't think so that's why UK voted out. 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:02 PM, RayC said:

All crows are black

A crow is a bird

Therefore, all birds are crows

Anyone spot the flaw in this argument?

A duck floats in water [bread, apples, very small rocks, cider, gravy, cherries, mud, churches, lead]. If the woman weighs the same as a duck, then she is made of wood. The woman weighs the same as a duck. Therefore, the woman is a witch?