Thailand believes condemnation will reduce chances of resolving conflict in Ukraine

webfact

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. If WW3 has actually started, I'm sure it'd be all over local news- it's not.

That's one way of shrugging off the message, nobody actually believes Russian media but they certainly have that rhetoric, the same as they had the rhetoric of striking the west with nuclear weapons. However the evidence is plain that Russia would like Belarus to join with them, they have gone as far as sending 9,000 Russian troops to Belarus to join there forces there. If Belarus does happen to get directly involved on top of allowing Russia to use its country to attack Ukraine then that is a very clear escalation of the war promoted by Russia.

Whats the response, can another non NATO country join the war against Russia and help Ukraine, can Ukraine strike Belarus to defend itself. Your obviously not seeing what the overall picture here is aside from laughing it off.

Fears of joint attack on Ukraine as more Russian troops arrive in Belarus

https://www.euronews.com/2022/10/19/fears-of-joint-attack-on-ukraine-as-more-russian-troops-arrive-in-belarus

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On what basis would NATO directly aid a non NATO country to attack Russia, so long as Russia was not threatening any NATO country?

Seems some are keen to start WW3.

NATO is aiding Ukraine , albeit indirectly , by providing arms and intelligence . In a court of law NATO would be found guilty as an accessory to the conflict by way of association . As long as Russia can launch missiles from within their country and Ukraine cannot return fire , this war will be won by Russia . However , it may be that sanctions will stop Russia along with the  massive exodus of Russian folks . 

19 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's one way of shrugging off the message, nobody actually believes Russian media but they certainly have that rhetoric, the same as they had the rhetoric of striking the west with nuclear weapons. However the evidence is plain that Russia would like Belarus to join with them, they have gone as far as sending 9,000 Russian troops to Belarus to join there forces there. If Belarus does happen to get directly involved on top of allowing Russia to use its country to attack Ukraine then that is a very clear escalation of the war promoted by Russia.

Whats the response, can another non NATO country join the war against Russia and help Ukraine, can Ukraine strike Belarus to defend itself. Your obviously not seeing what the overall picture here is aside from laughing it off.

Fears of joint attack on Ukraine as more Russian troops arrive in Belarus

https://www.euronews.com/2022/10/19/fears-of-joint-attack-on-ukraine-as-more-russian-troops-arrive-in-belarus

Obviously a non NATO country can join Ukraine and declare war on Russia, providing they don't mind a missile or two in return.

Is Belarus in NATO? No it's not, so an attack on Belarus is not an attack on NATO.

I don't find the Ukrainian conflict laughable, but I am boggled by some of the posters that apparently want to start WW3.

If I use a LOL, it's because of the post, not the conflict. I'd have used a laugh emoji, but we are not allowed to do so anymore.

13 hours ago, superal said:

NATO is aiding Ukraine , albeit indirectly , by providing arms and intelligence . In a court of law NATO would be found guilty as an accessory to the conflict by way of association . As long as Russia can launch missiles from within their country and Ukraine cannot return fire , this war will be won by Russia . However , it may be that sanctions will stop Russia along with the  massive exodus of Russian folks . 

Fortunate for NATO that they will never be in a court of law then.

You may have missed it, but if Ukraine uses an American weapon to attack Russia directly, the Russians may well consider that an attack by America, and react accordingly ergo WW3. Is that what any want?

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Obviously a non NATO country can join Ukraine and declare war on Russia, providing they don't mind a missile or two in return.

Is Belarus in NATO? No it's not, so an attack on Belarus is not an attack on NATO.

I don't find the Ukrainian conflict laughable, but I am boggled by some of the posters that apparently want to start WW3.

If I use a LOL, it's because of the post, not the conflict. I'd have used a laugh emoji, but we are not allowed to do so anymore.

Yet again you miss the point of what deliberate escalation by Russia drawing in Belarus  can mean.

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but I am boggled by some of the posters that apparently want to start WW3.

Was that not started in 2019 when a certain country unleashed covid on the world, so far killing a recorded 6.5 million people?  Some figures claim up to 15 million deaths.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet you do choose to challenge some posters and get exercised when you falsely claim they want to start WW3

"Falsely" is in the eye of the beholder, and starting WW3 is a very, very bad idea.

IMO WW3 is a very real possibility at the moment, so well worth getting exercised about.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Falsely" is in the eye of the beholder, and starting WW3 is a very, very bad idea.

IMO WW3 is a very real possibility at the moment, so well worth getting exercised about.

My whole point exactly, escalation by Russia trying to bring in other countries to invade Ukraine as just one real world example, not a posters rhetoric

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, Jingthing said:

Not mutually exclusive.

It's no crime to be Russian.

I love my "favorite neighborhood Russian" NFKRZ now in exile in Tblisi. Not to mention the up and coming Zack the Russian also in exile in Tblisi. Or the amazing and brave founder of the 1420 youtube channel Daniil  (street interviews with Russians about the war, etc.) last seen in Rotterdam.

So many Russian people are amazing even though in some sense all share at least some collective guilt for their government. 

But it is a crime to be a Russian war criminal.

Putin is helping to make more and more of those every day.

On 10/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, Noris said:

So let me try to understand this.

The Bombing of Belgrade was ok, made good TV and most cheered as kids civilians die.

Killing Saddam Hussein was OK I mean he had WMDs  oh  no he didn't.

Bombing Syria was Good we know our TV said so what more proof is needed

Killing Muammar Gaddafi like a pig dog was good made good TV what?

The Show on TV while Women and kids died in Iraq was all justified

Using Drones to kill in Afghanistan is great, we did it all in the name of?

Now this pesky Putin he is very bad man, he stops money laundering Biolabs and stops CIA and The Clintons Bidens and the rest all loose money.

I mean the cheek of it who gave Russia the right to invade the old Capital of Russ.

Give more money to kill people while the rich get richer and the young get killed.

What happened to

Thou shall not kill

Do you think for one moment, we have all been conned?

yes, all above was good, dictators should be killed.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:56 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Fortunate for NATO that they will never be in a court of law then.

You may have missed it, but if Ukraine uses an American weapon to attack Russia directly, the Russians may well consider that an attack by America, and react accordingly ergo WW3. Is that what any want?

Is that Putin speaking? What would that reaction be exactly?

Jeez.. Last night I had the misfortune to engage in what started out as an innocent conversation with an Aussie, which quickly, too quickly led to him parroting all the "reasons" Russia was justified in invading a sovereign nation....

Bloody infuriating!

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, rabang said:

Some people just don't get it. Shortening the war in favor of Russia would just facilitate genocide.

Yeah they would just regroup, upgrade their weapons, and when they were really ready on to Odessa and beyond, make Ukraine a landlocked country, and then Kyiv and no country. You can't trust Putin and his entire regime as far as you can throw him out a window. Also Putin might go but the next dinosaur could be even worse. The only way to survival as a sovereign nation for Ukraine is to overwhelming win in battle. This wasn't their choice. It was Putin's choice. 

• Like 1

I'm not reading your comments, but you should read mine.    LOL

1.  Ukraine picked the West.   Join NATO.

2.  Russia said NO, West cannot be that close, we owned you before and will own you again

3.  Ukraine thought the world would help them

4.  Russia kills people.  Let's not forget this part.  They attacked a Nuclear Power plant I think?  Come on.    Murders, rapes, horrible stuff.   Russians did this.  

5.  Ukraine got some weapons from the West.  Are you not going to take help?  Took money.

6.  People die and die and die and leave and die and leave and die...

NOW all these jokers are wondering if it's somehow the West's fault????!?!?!!?!?!?   LOL.  What???

and I'm also not going to read the article.   Condemnation reduces resolution?   What???

But Thailand is condemning killing kids in classrooms, holding guns, drugs, migrant workers, sex slaves, etc.......    so now we can't solve anything???

Blame Russia 99%.   The other 1%, spend the rest of your life bickering over that.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, bobbin said:

Jeez.. Last night I had the misfortune to engage in what started out as an innocent conversation with an Aussie, which quickly, too quickly led to him parroting all the "reasons" Russia was justified in invading a sovereign nation....

Bloody infuriating!

Isn't it just sooooo annoying when someone has the "wrong" ( as in not agreeing with you ) opinions?

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Isn't it just sooooo annoying when someone has the "wrong" ( as in not agreeing with you ) opinions?

Easy answer... Yes.  ????

More thoughtful answer... "There are none so blind as those that will not see"

I won't engage further with you Mr. Beach, as I'm fully aware of your bias. You will not be persuaded to see the light, and I will not be "convinced by your historical revisionism".

• Thanks 1