Air-con servicing

aussiexpat

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Problem is AC boys use it as an opportunity to say you need gas + another 200 baht

Not so with mine, they said all four were good for gas (12 years old).

I'm just amazed at the difference in cooling after the clean with no re-gas involved

Note: this is just the 4 internal units, they didn't touch the 4 outside compressors

Edited by aussiexpat

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange, my guys cleaned outdoors too

I have 2 floor condo with my 4 units stacked 20m high on balcony....they were scared to climb as I would be also as no health and safety belts in Thailand (I think 500 baht price would normally include outside clean? but as it turns out not needed)

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I have 2 floor condo with my 4 units stacked 20m high on balcony....they were scared to climb as I would be also as no health and safety belts in Thailand (I think 500 baht price would normally include outside clean? but as it turns out not needed)

Yes 500 includes outdoors,  a lot of dirt in those outdoor units, maybe check with condo office, a common problem with some condos

• Like 1

We use PK Air on Theppasit Rd.   They usually send three guys and they do a good job. Just had them round. Inside and outside units stripped and cleaned. Normal wall mounted a/c is 400THB and the big ones ducted into the ceiling (quite a bit more work involved) are 700THB.

• Like 2

I might go back to them and say "hey, you never cleaned my outside units" not my fault they were scared to ladder that high

But in reality, I'm really happy with their service, air-cons are like new again

Edited by aussiexpat

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

We use PK Air on Theppasit Rd.   They usually send three guys and they do a good job. Just had them round. Inside and outside units stripped and cleaned. Normal wall mounted a/c is 400THB and the big ones ducted into the ceiling (quite a bit more work involved) are 700THB.

Been using Pittaya [PK] for 18 years .First time he came he said no service needed .I asked how much he said no charge...I gave him 100 baht for his time and petrol.

• Like 1

I live in Ratchaburi not Pattaya but for 500 baht/unit my air guy pretty much dismantles the inside unit takes the blower wheel out and washes it too.  Checks line pressure and tops it up if needed for no additional charge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange, my guys cleaned outdoors too

I pay 600 baht which includes the compressor being cleaned.

As it's outside it gets far dirtier than the inside unit so I don't understand why you wouldn't have it included to further optimise performance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Using this thread to ask if anyone knows the best place in Pattaya/Jomtien to get replacement A/c remote controls, my A/c's are LG. I guess the cleaning guys would know, just wondered if anyone has had to replace theirs.

I replaced my 4 with a generic brand from the electrical shop in Tukom basement. They've all worked well (I think was 300 baht each)

• Like 1

Normally the Thai price is around 500 baht per a/c unit, but this includes the outside one as well.

My outside units in Bangkok get clogged up with those fine white floating seeds that get shed each year. I am not sure what the real name is I just know them as Sugars and they come from a long grass. They can be brushed or vacuumed off but pressure washing makes sure they are removed from the internal fins.

22 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Using this thread to ask if anyone knows the best place in Pattaya/Jomtien to get replacement A/c remote controls, my A/c's are LG. I guess the cleaning guys would know, just wondered if anyone has had to replace theirs.

there are a couple of guys that sell all kinds of remotes at the Thepprasit weekend Market..One stall is on the line near the pavement 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Amorn Electronics most likely would have one if you have Amorn in your area.

Just looking at google likes like one at: 8 Moo10, South Pattaya Road, Long Prue, Pattaya.

Maybe one closer if you check google.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah self clean is generally filters in the shower but a proper 500 baht clean does much more than that. Instruction manual says more regular cleaning is needed.

Problem is AC boys use it as an opportunity to say you need gas + another 200 baht

we got the need to fill one wtih gas story every time. In the end we got the real Mitsubishi guys in who said it had too much gas in it and had to let some out! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Lazada about 150 baht

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, proton said:

we got the need to fill one wtih gas story every time. In the end we got the real Mitsubishi guys in who said it had too much gas in it and had to let some out! 

I had an AC in my bedroom in Australia 19 years old and NEVER needed a top up. I installed a new inverter type and moved old one to workshop and used a couple more years with no top up.

Mostly just a scam here because the average person has no idea.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I had an AC in my bedroom in Australia 19 years old and NEVER needed a top up. I installed a new inverter type and moved old one to workshop and used a couple more years with no top up.

Thats right if they do it has a leak and the leak has to be fixed first before topping it up. The Mrs believed him as they do tend not to question what they are told by other Thais.

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Thats right if they do it has a leak and the leak has to be fixed first before topping it up. The Mrs believed him as they do tend not to question what they are told by other Thais.

I was doing instals and minor fixes in Oz before i left and I had to account for every gram of refrigerant. And If I did a top up I had to have proof of a repair.

30 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

The average person would have some idea if the air is not cold. When that happens every chance it is down to a drop in gas pressure.

Our aircons are now over 12 years old and have had a leak on each one in the last couple of years.

But then the average falang thinks everything is a scam.

16 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I was doing instals and minor fixes in Oz before i left and I had to account for every gram of refrigerant. And If I did a top up I had to have proof of a repair.

So unless a repair is needed a top up shouldn't be needed?

I agree about the scam thing, it's easy money for them to charge 200 extra for top up