Top Thai politician attacked 14 year old son with gender issues because "he dressed up as a girl"

webfact

1 minute ago, Eleftheros said:

The issue is the one I mention above.

If a man tells me he is in fact a woman, I am not going to buy into that.

If he tells me that for personal reasons he would prefer to be treated as a woman, then that is a view I can have some sympathy with.

That's a bizarre distinction.

3 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

It's about truth and reality. Quite simple.

It's more about bending over backwards to be disrespectful to a widely hated minority group.

This has become tedious. Agree to disagree. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

It's more about bending over backwards to be disrespectful to a widely hated minority group.

Quite the opposite.

I would much prefer not to have to deal with this situation at all, but many people of the activist persuasion want to make this an issue, and require me to bow to their absurd claim that men can actually be women, and so on. This is false, and I refuse to say that it is true.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Does it work the same if someone identifies as a police officer and wants to search you? How about if someone identifies as a pilot and wants to sit on the captain's seat on the airplane you boarded? Or as a doctor? All above examples are qualifications people can acquire and actually become. Being male of female are biological "symptoms" one is born with and no cosmetic surgery can change. There is no way to change the chromosomes. 

BTW - I identify myself as a prince, so please address me as "Your Royal Highness"

Totally asinine statements, other than the chromosome observation.  Genes can be altered within the chromosomes X and Y that affect sexual behavior.  Also some people are born with an extra sexual chromosome such as XXY or XYY chromosomes instead of just XY . 

You have been reading/watching too much online BS .

No I will not address you as Royal Highness 5555

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

Whatever the reason, physically assaulting a child for feeling different is not a great idea. I thought Buddha taught non violence?

There are some very brave kids who wore skirts to protest school uniform rules. Nobody best them up. 

download.jpeg.jpg

2 minutes ago, Purdey said:

There are some very brave kids who wore skirts to protest school uniform rules. Nobody best them up. 

Scottish kids have been wearing Kilts for hundreds of years, not the same

9 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Whatever the reason, physically assaulting a child for feeling different is not a great idea. I thought Buddha taught non violence?

download.jpeg.jpg

All the boys went to school wearing skirts because they weren't allowed to wear shorts during a heat wave .

That's not really being brave because they all did it in a humorous way to beat school rules

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I would expect that kind of backwards hostile disrespectful of differences attitude from the uneducated and religious fanatics not mutually exclusive. 

People you preached to in that rude way would consider you a bully. If that's how you identify nobody is stopping you from presenting to the world that way.

Careful now.

Some people might consider this kind of preaching of yours as a bit rude...

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

download.jpeg.jpg

One appears to be missing a tie.

Tsk tsk.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Also some people are born with an extra sexual chromosome such as XXY or XYY

Yes, some people are born with an extra X chromosome but it does not make them feminine\ladyboys 

https://www.webmd.com/men/klinefelter-syndrome

https://healthlibrary.askapollo.com/triple-x-syndrome-causes-symptoms-treatment/

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not really happening in schools.

Don't fall for such obvious right wing culture wars propaganda.

Well not again.

What you see as right wing propaganda, is a lot more like propagating facts to anyone who can still listen, i.e., for those who have not been fully brainwashed by left wing absurdities.

2 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Quite the opposite.

I would much prefer not to have to deal with this situation at all, but many people of the activist persuasion want to make this an issue, and require me to bow to their absurd claim that men can actually be women, and so on. This is false, and I refuse to say that it is true.

That statement says it all and really explains how you truly feel. You have an issue with the Transgendered individuals.

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

Yes, utter madness. And nobody, it seems, with the courage to put a stop to this.

I read about a group of people identifying as "othering furries" or "furry otherings" or something equally imbecilic. I don't know what language they speak, or whether they can understand wolf-speak and tomato-talk or not, but as you suggest this is simply a mass psychotic outbreak, encouraged by their supposed elders and betters.

How many years have they spent in wolf colonies? Were they accepted by the wolves as one of their own? Can acceptance be only a one way street? I identify as them, but cannot live like them, cannot hunt like them, and cannot communicate with them. Though I do speak wolf jibberish in school. It seems to work. 

• Haha 1

"Top Thai politician attacked 14 year old son with gender issues"

The missing keyword here is "allegedly". I'm not doubting the kid's story, but you can't write headlines like this. It's extremely dishonest and unproffessional.

If I read so many comments of this article, I don't know who is behind it. It seems that there is a long way to go before LGBTQ are accepted. A lot of comments probably are based on religion from a country that convicts everyone who thinks different, while others have no clue what is happening with kids and others who have to struggle with their sexuality. Maybe everyone read more about the subject and or even better have experience with own kids instead of making non sense comments

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:32 AM, johnnybangkok said:

Way to victim blame there. 

Not victim blaming just observation from experience. My wife has many gay friends and I find them humorous and good company. In the village I lived in there were several gay people but none went about wearing dresses.

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 6:50 PM, arithai12 said:

I also find it hard to believe that when you were 14 years old you were attacked by 14 adults.

I never said I was 14. I was 21 and a soldier. My point is that a beating so severe you can't move for weeks is in my opinion quite unbelievable. Children as with adults lie (JS). Having spent many years in Thailand surrounded by Thai families rich and poor I found them to be very understanding to gender choices.