Top Thai politician attacked 14 year old son with gender issues because "he dressed up as a girl"

webfact

5 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I never said I was 14. I was 21 and a soldier. My point is that a beating so severe you can't move for weeks is in my opinion quite unbelievable. Children as with adults lie (JS). Having spent many years in Thailand surrounded by Thai families rich and poor I found them to be very understanding to gender choices. 

You've met them all then?

This is really great.

A severely abused child and people calling her a faker.

Edited by Jingthing

35 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Not victim blaming just observation from experience. My wife has many gay friends and I find them humorous and good company. In the village I lived in there were several gay people but none went about wearing dresses.

Where to start. 
Your “only gay in the village” story is typically condescending and harps back to the days of John Inman and the  “flamboyant“ humorous gays of the 1970’s. “They’re gay but that’s ok ‘cos they’re funny”. 
Most importantly though is your mixing of sexuality’s. The vast majority of gay guys wouldn’t be seen dead in a dress because gay is seldom transgender. However a transgender “man” is often gay (but not absolutely so).  
This is basic knowledge so not sure why you dont know this but feel equipped to comment on these topics. 

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Not victim blaming just observation from experience. My wife has many gay friends and I find them humorous and good company. In the village I lived in there were several gay people but none went about wearing dresses.

So they were gay and not transgendeted. Do you know the difference?

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So they were gay and not transgendeted. Do you know the difference?

Yes I know the difference! I would also be a little confused if straight male were to dress up as a woman, I think it's a good gamble that they were also gay. It is however their lifestyle choice. 

If I still had children, like alcohol, the kid can do as they like when they reach the age of majority or the age when it's legal.

As long as they kid lives under my roof?  They conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the family's values.  What they do once they leave my care is their own business.

Caveat:  Beating children is abhorrent.  If the beating are true, he should be jailed.