Top Thai politician attacked 14 year old son with gender issues because "he dressed up as a girl"

webfact

19 hours ago, daveAustin said:

What a scum bag of a father. All parents screw up all kids. 

Oh yes, many parents screw up their kids, many.

James Redfield wrote a great book on this, titled, "The Celestine Prophecy".

While this book is mainly about insights and spirituality, the psychology related to parents and children is astonishing.

Particularly the 4 manipulative strategies that can be used adversely by parents in dealing with children, that will damage the psyche of every next generation.

Children being subjected a parent who is:

1.- An Intimidator

2.- Interrogator/critical

3.- Distant and aloof

4.- Victim

will have a devastating impact on how their children will respond to life experiences. And there is a polarity between 1 and 4, and 2 and 3. For example, a child having been criticized by one parent, will have an everlasting strategy to become distant and aloof when being criticized in adult life.

And I have known people who were not subjected to such manipulations by their parents, and wow, were they ever nice to be around with...

In this instance here, we are presented a case (sic) where the father is an 'Intimidator.' The strategy of an intimidator is to crush another individual until this individual accepts to respond as a victim.

And difficult to know in advance if a chosen partner will show any of these manipulative strategies towards eventual children.

But then I told my son that he should ask a partner to describe how the parents were. And then, the main problem is, as it is being expressed, 'Love is blind'.

So the expression 'good luck' exists for such situations...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He is using the newly devised US derived nomenclature on how to refer to the gender different individual.  To me the new woke version is derogatory.  If a person identifies as a male or a female then in my book that's all is needed, and no not based upon the body parts one has.

Does it work the same if someone identifies as a police officer and wants to search you? How about if someone identifies as a pilot and wants to sit on the captain's seat on the airplane you boarded? Or as a doctor? All above examples are qualifications people can acquire and actually become. Being male of female are biological "symptoms" one is born with and no cosmetic surgery can change. There is no way to change the chromosomes. 

BTW - I identify myself as a prince, so please address me as "Your Royal Highness"

• Like 1

The father's manhood was challenged, his essence reflected in his son... and that set him off.. it is more to protect himself\ego.. look at me, powerful virile...  The son, all the best, but support system via family GONE.. the father will see to that... that politician will become an advisor to the DPM of PUBic health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

Does it work the same if someone identifies as a police officer and wants to search you? How about if someone identifies as a pilot and wants to sit on the captain's seat on the airplane you boarded? Or as a doctor? All above examples are qualifications people can acquire and actually become. Being male of female are biological "symptoms" one is born with and no cosmetic surgery can change. There is no way to change the chromosomes. 

BTW - I identify myself as a prince, so please address me as "Your Royal Highness"

None of those examples are relevant to gender identity. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eleftheros said:

Then the words 'male' and 'female' become totally meaningless.

I could identify as a cat or a tomato if I wanted, "not based on body parts" - it doesn't make it true.

If everyone is expected to respect my new 'identity' as a cat or tomato, that way madness lies.

Not expected but it would be polite.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Rhys said:

The father's manhood

he passed on this *manhood* in his very own dna. i am sure that's a conversation he won't want to have. 

i wonder if this politician ever frequents any bathrooms in american airports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

How do you do your highness, can I help you with any money you need moved from Nigeria.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Then the words 'male' and 'female' become totally meaningless.

I could identify as a cat or a tomato if I wanted, "not based on body parts" - it doesn't make it true.

If everyone is expected to respect my new 'identity' as a cat or tomato, that way madness lies.

Look at what is occurring  around the world with the removal of certain names folks use to use when referring to others.....strange world we live in.

43 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I disagree. Nobody needs to buy into my delusion; that's ultimately a cruel thing to do. They'd be doing me a much bigger favour in the long run if they told me to pull myself together and stop being so silly.

I would expect that kind of backwards hostile disrespectful of differences attitude from the uneducated and religious fanatics not mutually exclusive. 

People you preached to in that rude way would consider you a bully. If that's how you identify nobody is stopping you from presenting to the world that way.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I would expect that kind of backwards hostile disrespectful of differences attitude from the uneducated and religious fanatics not mutually exclusive. 

The idea that to avoid a 'hostile disrespectful of differences attitude' I must be forced to say things, or at least adopt an attitude towards things, that I know to be completely untrue, is absurd.

How come this person with the delusion can claim the right to impose their worldview on everyone else?

14 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

The idea that to avoid a 'hostile disrespectful of differences attitude' I must be forced to say things, or at least adopt an attitude towards things, that I know to be completely untrue, is absurd.

How come this person with the delusion can claim the right to impose their worldview on everyone else?

Tell me why they can't 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Because truth and reality are more important than any one person's feelings.

Then explain the woke movement, #metoo and others. What makes them ok......btw you do know I am being sarcastic right. The whole world's gone daft...

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you're the victim.

Not at all. I am simply asking for equal rights.

Nobody has the right to demand that I buy into their evaluation of themselves, any more than I have the right to demand that of others.

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why is it so hard for so many people to just be basically civil to others.

Well, they could start off by not trying to force me to parrot ridiculous anti-factual nonsense just for the sake of making them feel temporarily better. That would be civil.

36 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Because truth and reality are more important than any one person's feelings.

Amazing in 2022 there are still people like you,  and you choose Thailand to live 5555. Must just drive you crazy seeing all the happy gay people here.  

Easy solution for your simple minded problem, don't talk to gays. The complexity of using a pronoun someone chooses is far beyond the scope of your intelligence, so just leave it alone. We understand, it's from your culture to hate what you don't understand, which is a lot. 

Don't talk to gays, they will be happy you don't and you never ever have to worry about complex intellectual matters like pronouns.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, marcusb said:

Must just drive you crazy seeing all the happy gay people here.  

I have nothing at all against the gay community. They are simply men who prefer sex with other men, which appears to be a real phenomenon in historical terms.

Plus they're not demanding that I treat them in any special way.

6 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Amazing in 2022 there are still people like you,  and you choose Thailand to live 5555. Must just drive you crazy seeing all the happy gay people here.  

Easy solution for your simple minded problem, don't talk to gays. The complexity of using a pronoun someone chooses is far beyond the scope of your intelligence, so just leave it alone. We understand, it's from your culture to hate what you don't understand, which is a lot. 

Don't talk to gays, they will be happy you don't and you never ever have to worry about complex intellectual matters like pronouns.  

The kid in question was transgender , he liked wearing girls clothes.

I don't think that he was homosexual , the article doesn't state that, anyway 

5 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I have nothing at all against the gay community. They are simply men who prefer sex with other men, which appears to be a real phenomenon in historical terms.

Plus they're not demanding that I treat them in any special way.

If you say so.

But you clearly have issues with transgender people.

Just now, Jingthing said:

But you clearly have issues with transgender people.

The issue is the one I mention above.

If a man tells me he is in fact a woman, I am not going to buy into that.

If he tells me that for personal reasons he would prefer to be treated as a woman, then that is a view I can have some sympathy with.

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The kid in question was transgender , he liked wearing girls clothes.

I don't think that he was homosexual , the article doesn't state that, anyway 

Over 80% of transgenders are gay.  So, yeah don't be pedantic.