90 day check-ins

Can anyone enlighten me on how these 90 day check-ins online work?

When I went to pick-up my 1 year visa extension recently and I asked the officer she said just go online and do it. When I asked for the website, she just said, "google it"! Ha.

I take it, it may be this site https://www.immigration.go.th/en/. But when I select English everything is still in thai. Anyone explain how it works and what I need to do? Cheers.

1 minute ago, Myran said:

This is the website: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Create an account and follow the instructions.

Thanks. Why does anything supposedly official in this country look dodgy?! 

Is there anything stating the actual process on their official site somewhere? Not saying that I dont trust you or anything. Just being cautious.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Its a Govt website. If you think its dodgy (even after a poster has given you the correct information), then I suggest you go to the IO in your area and do it manually (unless of course the Officers also look dodgy).????

Thanks. Not being funny or anything but, genuinely, where does it state that or how would I know its official?

I am one to question everything and not the first to jump on anything blindly. Just the way I am.

The officers are really nice actually but just very vague and nonchalant.

28 minutes ago, Myran said:

Good web developers don't seem to be Thailand's forté. Though I will say that this new website for 90 day reports has worked flawlessly. Don't know of any official sources promoting this site, but other members are likely to come back it up if you're unsure about it.

You can say that again!

4 minutes ago, tinot said:

Does all this have to be done weeks or months before or could I just register and do it on final day for example?

It is preferable to do it a few days before, sometimes the first report is rejected for some undisclosed reason.

As I understand it, one can report up to 14 days before due date, although the next report date gets adjusted accordingly.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It is preferable to do it a few days before, sometimes the first report is rejected for some undisclosed reason.

As I understand it, one can report up to 14 days before due date, although the next report date gets adjusted accordingly.

You may as well report 7 days after the due date. However, they include every holiday and weekend in their calculation and include even the report date and the date you do actually report. That is why I never get full 90 days as I would calculate it.

I would never report online. The procedure is so easy - just give them the passport outside at the collection point and wait a very little bit on a chair they provide. This way you may immediately control if everything is correct and you have as well stapled the right confirmation in your passport.

But this is for Jomtien and I live relatively near.

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

You may as well report 7 days after the due date. However, they include every holiday and weekend in their calculation and include even the report date and the date you do actually report. That is why I never get full 90 days as I would calculate it.

I would never report online. The procedure is so easy - just give them the passport outside at the collection point and wait a very little bit on a chair they provide. This way you may immediately control if everything is correct and you have as well stapled the right confirmation in your passport.

But this is for Jomtien and I live relatively near.

I have to traverse Chiang Rai to do a 90 day report in person. While it is true there is 7 days grace for the 90 day report, I'd rather not push it.

Each to his own, I have found online reporting very easy with no need to battle Thai traffic.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So how does that work for the MANY that do not live "relatively near" ......geez. 

I said this is for folks who live near to an Immigration Office. If further away just take a better solution for your individual case like for example: Online Reporting ???? I guess that needs neither a derogatry post towards me nor an explanation for you - this is almost self-explanatory .....geez.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I have to traverse Chiang Rai to do a 90 day report in person. While it is true there is 7 days grace for the 90 day report, I'd rather not push it.

Each to his own, I have found online reporting very easy with no need to battle Thai traffic.

Of course. But lucky me is happy that I can do it in person in a jiffy. Well, IT does not always work as it is supposed to. Been working in the field for decades. Just one example of Murphys Law: The day before Christmas thousands of ATM and Point of Sales Terminals did not work anymore. And our big boss had his appearance in Television then.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, tinot said:

Thanks. Not being funny or anything but, genuinely, where does it state that or how would I know its official?

I am one to question everything and not the first to jump on anything blindly. Just the way I am.

From the immigration site you mentioned in your OP go to "Online Services" then TM47.  Scroll down until you see "Online Notification" and it'll link to the same place others have directed you to.

Unless of course you don't trust the immigration site you linked to and think it would send you somewhere dodgy?

On 10/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, tinot said:

Why does anything supposedly official in this country look dodgy?!

looks fine to me. I think you should see someone about your paranoia, Thailand ain't the place to be carrying around such baggage. be cautious, yes, but don't jump at shadows <deleted>!

What happens if you don’t stay in the one area all the time I.e you move around Thailand and stay a few months at a time , do you just do the 90 day report in the locality you are in? Same with extension just use the locality you are in even if you might only be staying in a hotel?

6 minutes ago, darrenr said:

What happens if you don’t stay in the one area all the time I.e you move around Thailand and stay a few months at a time , do you just do the 90 day report in the locality you are in? Same with extension just use the locality you are in even if you might only be staying in a hotel?

You need to do your 90 day reports to the office where you applied for the extension unless your fromally change you address to another office. Same for applying for a new extension.

You can do 90 day reports online from anywhere to your registered office.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, darrenr said:

No and No.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2022 at 11:21 PM, moogradod said:

I said this is for folks who live near to an Immigration Office. If further away just take a better solution for your individual case like for example: Online Reporting ???? I guess that needs neither a derogatry post towards me nor an explanation for you - this is almost self-explanatory .....geez.

I do everything possible to keep away from the  Immigration office,

once a year is enough for me, if only you could do the extension

online , it's very nice of them ,how they send you Email to remind

you the 90 day is due, then another email to say it's been approved.

regards worgeordie

29 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I do everything possible to keep away from the  Immigration office,

once a year is enough for me, if only you could do the extension

online , it's very nice of them ,how they send you Email to remind

you the 90 day is due, then another email to say it's been approved.

regards worgeordie

I agree that is a great possibility for anybody living away from his IO. And it is nice to hear that they introduced a customer friendly procedure with those emails that you mention.

However, I have never had the slightest problem with them in person, be it for extension, TM30 (if necessary) Residence Certificate or 90 day report. They treat me politely, with respect and procedures are very swift. My 90 day reporting dates (due date, first possible, last possible) will be put into my calendar on the PC after I return home from them. All in all a matter of minutes. However my wife can drive me to the office, she drops me off in front and then uses the parking they provide. All very much convenient and we are nearly every day passing nearby anyway when we are bound for the city to do some shopping, eating out etc.

Edited by moogradod
  • Haha 1