Flooding in Patong !

Social Media

falangs standing in rushing water.....

Murphy's Law!!!!!!!

Hey falang, look.............................earthquake, go take selfie next to that big crack in the Earth!!!

only the falang

why falang?

Tik Tok views........................  teaching moment 

Flash flooding really scares me, no (or very little) warning, no chance for preparation! ???? 

Here in BKK we get the slow-motion train wreck, (usually) plenty of time to prepare, then it hangs around for weeks ???? 

10 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

Bang Tao South flash floods, our car in 1 meter of water. Gonna cost me a fortune. Hell of a rain the last 2 days.

That possibly explains why Samui is currently getting a lot of visitors from Phuket.

You folk seem to have had things particularly bad this year or are this year's downpours normal?

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Your car not insured ?

Not sure if the insurance will cover flood damage. I hope so, if not then so be it. Cant argue with nature. The amount of rain that came and is still coming down here is enormous. Glad that we postponed buying a new car till next year.

59 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

That possibly explains why Samui is currently getting a lot of visitors from Phuket.

You folk seem to have had things particularly bad this year or are this year's downpours normal?

This year more rain than other years. Raging downpours, scary. 

3 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

The heavy rain last night in Patong is as bad as I remember during my 7 years here

I do recall about 10 or 11 years ago that we had a flash flood here in Patong which was horrendous, and the water cascaded down from the "new middle road" and its environs into Rat-u-Thid road, and carried me and my car with it, actually lifting it off the ground with the volume and sheer force of it!

I ended up desperately trying to steer the car at any time when the tyres touched the road, which was very infrequent I have to say, and it was quite an unnerving feeling being carried along and having no control whatsoever over the car or where I was going!!

• Like 1