New Toyota Legender

Scouse123

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Dunno,

But it's very star trek, I like it.

Sure you like it, as you are obviously used to trucks. I chose the CRV as had never driven trucks and it had  the handling of a sedan, and could cope with the 8 inches deep potholes we have here. I get 13k/Liter from the 2.4 engine, but  E20 not Diesel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

No idea,

but it seems far more economical than the 4x 4.

I just got it.

I got the TRD 4x4 (2.8l)  from a couple of years ago and with my slow driving style I need 7.8 liters per 100km.

You should be able to beat that.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

The Legender is a trim-level of the Fortuner. I believe it replaced the TRD Sportivo model. It has different headlights and bumpers from the standard Fortuner and some other trim/equipment differences.  Seems well priced. Likely introduced to maintain interest and sales until the 'all new' Fortuner arrives.

do you have to climb to get in it?

9 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

It didn’t pass my test. Typical Toyota. Cheap looking interior. 

I disagree on that unless you were in a different car to what I am driving.

I find the interior sleek and way better than previous models

But each to their own.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Do you have to climb into it like a Fortuner or Pick-up? What makes it so space age? 

Lights, dashboard, interior , all round cameras including 3D, and a panel loaded with apps.

Also a very comfortable leather interior.

6'3" I dont have an issue getting in and out. Never thought to ask my other half, but she hasn't complained...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I've seen some ugly SUVs before, but that takes the biscuit. Is that an early concept or is it really what they are going with? The current 'Tuna is probably the prettiest of all SUVs.

I love the current tuna version

13 hours ago, straylight said:

Ford Raptor or Everest my choice; unless you want to spend a bit more and go for the Porsche or Benz.

Ford doesn't seem to have national coverage for maintenance as much as Toyota does.

Also, Porsche and Benz are a totally different animal and price range.

I am happy with my decision to buy the Toyota Legender.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Sure you like it, as you are obviously used to trucks. I chose the CRV as had never driven trucks and it had  the handling of a sedan, and could cope with the 8 inches deep potholes we have here. I get 13k/Liter from the 2.4 engine, but  E20 not Diesel.

Yes, I have been in trucks now for 12 years.

I did have a Fortuner 14 years ago but this is streets ahead of that car.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Ford doesn't seem to have national coverage for maintenance as much as Toyota does.

Also, Porsche and Benz are a totally different animal and price range.

I am happy with my decision to buy the Toyota Legender.

I'd love to buy the Ford Raptor, it's a great looking vehicle. But Toyota reliability and build quality remains a strong favorite with me, the brand has never let me down. The four tuna is too big for my taste, perhaps the new model will suit me better. Until then I'll stick with my Vigo and sadly, I will never buy a Ford for the all the opposite reasons of why I will buy a Toyota.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I'd love to buy the Ford Raptor, it's a great looking vehicle. But Toyota reliability and build quality remains a strong favorite with me, the brand has never let me down. The four tuna is too big for my taste, perhaps the new model will suit me better. Until then I'll stick with my Vigo and sadly, I will never buy a Ford for the all the opposite reasons of why I will buy a Toyota.

The Fortuner is too big but you 'love' the Raptor.....hmmm

No idea why so many people have the Raptor, i had a wildtrack before when i was building my house, sold it as soon as i didn't need it anymore - horrible.