The last 20 years

georgegeorgia

Mostly same same for me.

I live in the same building, do the same kind of work, same supermarket like 20 years ago, still riding a bike.

20 years ago, I had a sexy young gf. Now I have the same sexy young gf.

The world has changed, some of my friends moved away or died, but mostly life is still the same. I like it the way it is.

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Mostly same same for me.

I live in the same building, do the same kind of work, same supermarket like 20 years ago, still riding a bike.

20 years ago, I had a sexy young gf. Now I have the same sexy young gf.

The world has changed, some of my friends moved away or died, but mostly life is still the same. I like it the way it is.

If you chose to dislike it, rather than to choose to like it, as you obviously have, then life would not be as good for you.

Blind Faith got it wrong.

They should have been singing:  Like What You Like, and Just Lump It

Not:  Do What You LIke.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Way up in every way:

... love life & family

... deeper appreciation of life, all aspects of

... better, cleaner, healthier living environment

... financially, net worth, inheritance fund to loved ones

... almost complete self subsistent from gov't & utilities

... even helping to save the planet, though it doesn't need it

... simply amazed things could get any better, than when I arrived/retired

Been blessed, pretty much my whole adult life, and now things are better than ever.  What's not to love ????

Arrived TH Sept 2000 @ 45 yrs old

Retired March 2001 @ 46

Before end of year, I'll be 68

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Way up in every way:

... love life & family

... deeper appreciation of life, all aspects of

... better, cleaner, healthier living environment

... financially, net worth, inheritance fund to loved ones

... almost complete self subsistent from gov't & utilities

... even helping to save the planet, though it doesn't need it

... simply amazed things could get any better, than when I arrived/retired

Been blessed, pretty much my whole adult life, and now things are better than ever.  What's not to love ????

Arrived TH Sept 2000 @ 45 yrs old

Retired March 2001 @ 46

Before end of year, I'll be 68

Your account is amazing.

All my life, I had thought that the Garden of Eden was just a myth.

image.jpeg.b58bb0c831aeff5b19c113eb6196e926.jpeg

Some might call this גַּן־עֵדֶן

However, living in paradise can have its downside, too.

Too much of a good thing is never good.

How do we know this?

13 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Your account is amazing.

Can't say there hasn't be an oops now & then.

... 3 divorces, though could sit & have coffee with all, and #3 is one of very few FB friends I have, so that says a lot.

... 2 dogs passed away, 1 suddenly, and as traumatic as that was, and it was, reality, it's a dog.

... spared any sudden deaths of loved ones, family or friends.  That's something I can't image, if 1 dog shook me that much.  The 'blessed' part, along with my own fairly good health.

... financially, apparently always enough, and roof over head w/food.  Though others would be depressed.  Poor childhood, so ups & downs along the way as an adult was easy.  Also appreciative of having enough +  Can't imagine not knowing how to pay monthly bills, what to get this, and not to get, if not having enough for what's needed.  Though have been poor, and held over by credit, but easy recovery.

... not rich, but not poor, and quite comfy, need/want for nothing

Realize so many are not so blessed, and some, many, with no control of that.  USA birthright, a major plus.  Land of Opportunity, with all it's warts, and why million every year are trying to get in.

Be Happy ... Be Safe

Enjoy & appreciate

PeanutsSoopy.jpg

54 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Can't say there hasn't be an oops now & then.

... 3 divorces, though could sit & have coffee with all, and #3 is one of very few FB friends I have, so that says a lot.

... 2 dogs passed away, 1 suddenly, and as traumatic as that was, and it was, reality, it's a dog.

... spared any sudden deaths of loved ones, family or friends.  That's something I can't image, if 1 dog shook me that much.  The 'blessed' part, along with my own fairly good health.

... financially, apparently always enough, and roof over head w/food.  Though others would be depressed.  Poor childhood, so ups & downs along the way as an adult was easy.  Also appreciative of having enough +  Can't imagine not knowing how to pay monthly bills, what to get this, and not to get, if not having enough for what's needed.  Though have been poor, and held over by credit, but easy recovery.

... not rich, but not poor, and quite comfy, need/want for nothing

Realize so many are not so blessed, and some, many, with no control of that.  USA birthright, a major plus.  Land of Opportunity, with all it's warts, and why million every year are trying to get in.

Be Happy ... Be Safe

Enjoy & appreciate

PeanutsSoopy.jpg

Thank you for being even more realistic in your second account describing your personal paradise.

Maybe, someday, we will get to the bottom of this?

Are you listening, Charlie Brown?

Please Note:  Thank you for quoting Warren Buffett when you say that, so many are not so blessed, AND that so many have no control over that....

I love Warren Buffett.

In my opinion, he is the only guy I know who can go to an "all-you-can-eat" buffet, and just have a small salad with a Coke.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

Last 20 years? -Personally speaking, I grew up a bit, got married, finally became a father in my 40's. Still working at the company I started here, nearly 30 years ago. Drink a lot less than I used to do, and exercise a lot more.

I go back to the UK at least once a year to visit family and friends, and see a lot of change. Mostly not for the better, imo.

Still, it does give me a better perspective of life here in Thailand, and reduces any mountains back into molehills on an annual basis.

If we go out 25 years instead of 20, 3 marriages: one died, one went nuts, the last one is good till the grave.

The last 2 years were brutal with money problems and my wife's health problems. The next few look pretty plush in a high rise in Nimman, Chiang Mai. Prob more wine by the glass options here than along Suk Road in Bangkok.