Happy Fresh Replacement

phills2k1

--Grab Mart for access to the major supermarket chains.

--Foodpanda for their access to the major supermarket chains.

--Tops Online for a sometimes different selection of things they stock that may or may not be listed on Tops' locations on Grab or Foodpanda.

It's very strange, I've found, in that for a given supermarket company, what products are listed for offer via delivery may vary from Grab to Foodpanda to the store's own company online presence -- for the same store location.

One thing I really came to like about Happy Fresh, before it died, was their feature of allowing the shopper to select saved back-up choices in advance in case a particular item shown as available online ends up being out of stock in the actual store. That, and, they wouldn't actually charge your bank card until the order is completed, and they'd only charge you for what was actually available, accurately reflecting any substitutions or missing items.

Foodpanda, on the other hand, charges your card for the full original order upfront, and then when things offered online invariably end up being out of stock in the store, the customer has no ability to pre-select backup items. And when your order cant be fully completed, they end up later having to process a separate card charge refund for the value of the missing item(s) -- which is annoying!

With Happy Fresh, you could actually exchange text messages with the person fulfilling your order to work out any problems about substitutions or out of stock issues while they were preparing your order. Can't do that with either Foodpanda or Tops Online...and only to a limited extent with Grab.

With Grab, Foodpanda and Tops Online, you may not find out that something or things that you ordered online aren't available and won't be delivered until your partial order actually arrives...and it's pretty much too late to do anything about it at that point.

Tops Online, for example, has an option when ordering online to call you midday and advise if any items are going to be missing from the later delivered order. But, unfortunately, when they call you with the news, they have no current ability to allow you to choose substitute items at that point or increase or decrease the quantities of things. They're telling you, but there's absolutely nothing you can do about their news, at that point.

Sadly, I had started using Happy Fresh more and more in the past year because they provided a higher level of personalized service, and thus increased the odds that I'd actually get what I needed, one way or the other. And that I'd only be charged upfront for what they actually delivered...

Only to see the whole thing suddenly disappear into the void.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

--Grab Mart for access to the major supermarket chains.

--Foodpanda for their access to the major supermarket chains.

--Tops Online for a sometimes different selection of things they stock that may or may not be listed on Tops' locations on Grab or Foodpanda.

It's very strange, I've found, in that for a given supermarket company, what products are listed for offer via delivery may vary from Grab to Foodpanda to the store's own company online presence -- for the same store location.

One thing I really came to like about Happy Fresh, before it died, was their feature of allowing the shopper to select saved back-up choices in advance in case a particular item shown as available online ends up being out of stock in the actual store. That, and, they wouldn't actually charge your bank card until the order is completed, and they'd only charge you for what was actually available, accurately reflecting any substitutions or missing items.

Foodpanda, on the other hand, charges your card for the full original order upfront, and then when things offered online invariably end up being out of stock in the store, the customer has no ability to pre-select backup items. And when your order cant be fully completed, they end up later having to process a separate card charge refund for the value of the missing item(s) -- which is annoying!

With Happy Fresh, you could actually exchange text messages with the person fulfilling your order to work out any problems about substitutions or out of stock issues while they were preparing your order. Can't do that with either Foodpanda or Tops Online...and only to a limited extent with Grab.

With Grab, Foodpanda and Tops Online, you may not find out that something or things that you ordered online aren't available and won't be delivered until your partial order actually arrives...and it's pretty much too late to do anything about it at that point.

Tops Online, for example, has an option when ordering online to call you midday and advise if any items are going to be missing from the later delivered order. But, unfortunately, when they call you with the news, they have no current ability to allow you to choose substitute items at that point or increase or decrease the quantities of things. They're telling you, but there's absolutely nothing you can do about their news, at that point.

Sadly, I had started using Happy Fresh more and more in the past year because they provided a higher level of personalized service, and thus increased the odds that I'd actually get what I needed, one way or the other. And that I'd only be charged upfront for what they actually delivered...

Only to see the whole thing suddenly disappear into the void.

Agreed about the great qualities of HappyFresh. Really made things so convenient