Unsafe PM2.5 Detected in 1 Area of Bangkok

snoop1130

1666153760_083335-tnamcot-768x576.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 19 (TNA) – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration deployed staff to investigate the causes of fine dust as it exceeded its safe threshold in Nong Khaem district this morning.

BMA spokesman Ekwaranyu Amrapan said the City Hall formed its teams of “dust detectives” to investigate the sources of particulate matter 2.5 micrometers and less in diameter (PM2.5). Also, it cooperated with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment to effectively predict PM2.5 situations and solve them.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1041014

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-10-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

The farmers all over Thailand have started burning the grass as the cool season is arriving. It happens every year from November to February with AQI levels reaching 200 and more. Many areas are affected: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Chonburi (Pattata), Nongkhai, etc.

Edited by Hakuna Matata
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

The farmers all over Thailand have started burning the grass as the cool season is arriving. It happens every year from November to February with AQI levels reaching 200 and more. Many areas are affected: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Chonburi (Pattata), Nongkhai, etc.

Indeed.  I guess that as this is in the Bangkok Forum, it's understandably about Bangkok.  But other parts of Thailand like Hua Hin, Pattaya and Rayong are experiencing just as dangerous air quality!

I remember 2009.  

Things will change!!!

Since then, about EIGHTY (80) MILLION people have died worldwide because of pollution.

Don't worry falangs, Thailand is LOS and Paradise and when I smelled (smelt?) smoke this morning I was sooo happy!!!!    Happy days are here again!!!!  This morning I downloaded the AQI app back on my phone.   It was only uninstalled for four months.  

Apologists, get ready.  Please tell me how this is only minor and 20 bowl noodle soup makes up for bad air to breathe all day, all night, destroying children's brains.  tell me how i'm dramatic, but I won't see you in the hospital consoling the 80 million......................and their families.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I imagine if its start getting bad in rainy season there is no hope after

Rain season ended last week. Like a switch turned off. 17c last night no clouds or rain, wind changed directions.  (north Thailand) 

Let the burning begin!!

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration deployed staff to investigate the causes of fine dust as it exceeded its safe threshold in Nong Khaem district this morning.

Wait till the rain stops and the gas gets turned up again.

4 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I remember 2009.  

Things will change!!!

Since then, about EIGHTY (80) MILLION people have died worldwide because of pollution.

Don't worry falangs, Thailand is LOS and Paradise and when I smelled (smelt?) smoke this morning I was sooo happy!!!!    Happy days are here again!!!!  This morning I downloaded the AQI app back on my phone.   It was only uninstalled for four months.  

Apologists, get ready.  Please tell me how this is only minor and 20 bowl noodle soup makes up for bad air to breathe all day, all night, destroying children's brains.  tell me how i'm dramatic, but I won't see you in the hospital consoling the 80 million......................and their families.  

I'm not sure that anyone is being dismissive of this global issue.  But it seems, like me, you live here, so I guess I'll see you in hospital too!