Deteriorating rapidly in the UK. !

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You could make almost exactly the same video in Thailand using elderly Thais.

Prices are rising all over the world because governments shut their countries for 2 years.

What did the governments think would happen? 

You could indeed, the best place for which would be the ‘Thailand’ sub forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Every post you make is bashing the Tory Brit government,

But the reality is all the governments in the world are doing just as badly.

It doesn't matter if it was a military/communist/globalist/fascist government the 2 year shut-down had the same result.

I’m not at all interested in whataboutary, and pointing out the factual failings is not ‘Bashing’.

Have you seen Home Secretary Braverman’s resignation letter?

43 days in office, gone already.

6 minutes ago, JayClay said:

No other government in the world has taken themselves out of the largest free trade block in the world,

The people voted to leave, the government had no choice.

That is how a democracy works.

I would have preferred the UK to stay in the EU (only because I wanted to live in France), but accepted the vote of the people.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I would have preferred the UK to stay in the EU, but accepted the vote of the people.

The Uk could have left the EU but remained in the Customs Inion (you recall the ‘Norwegian Option’).

But that’s not what the ERG wanted, so the Tories opted for the hardest Brexit they could get.

No body voted to be poorer, but poorer they are.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would have preferred the UK to stay in the EU (only because I wanted to live in France), but accepted the vote of the people.

Which party called the vote? Which party then insisted on taking pretty much the hardest option on the table? Who then went on talk about the importance of growth despite backing a policy which actively demotes growth? How do you possibly think any of your arguments are absolving the Tories or responsibility?

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Dude, I probably hate the Conservatives more than you, but it's silly to blame them for what appears to be a global problem.

Firstly, I doubt it. Secondly I've just listed the things that the Tories specifically did to worsen the problem and you've ignored them and gone on about it being a global problem.

I'll try to make it simple to help.... If a car runs me over at high speed, you can argue that the driver is at fault. If I then, rather than calling an ambulance, decide to pour salt into my open wound, then the additional damage is 100% on me and my stupid decisions.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I doubt being in the EU would have made any difference to todays mess.

It is a 2 year shutdown, no business, pay people to stay home, problem.

Why waste your time doubting when you could spend your time educating yourself instead? There's plenty of officially provided figures that prove the damage Brexit has done and continues to do to the economy.

There is now additional time-consuming, and hence expensive, paperwork required to export to the EU. This makes our products more expensive and delivery less reliable. This is why exports are down (hint: that "makes a difference to today's mess"). Even the Tories hand-picked poster-child for "how to prepare for Brexit" are now unable to sell their goods in the EU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayClay said:

Why waste your time doubting when you could spend your time educating yourself instead?

No need to educate myself, I attended 2 of the best British universities.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I doubt being in the EU would have made any difference to todays mess.

It is a 2 year shutdown, no business, pay people to stay home, problem.

I never said ‘staying in the EU’ I pointed out the damage being done by the totally unnecessary Tory decision to leave the Customs Union, which nobody voted for.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No need to educate myself, I attended 2 of the best British universities.

If you are going to make a claim of attending 2 of the Best British Universities as part of your argument then you’ll accept the criticism that they didn’t introduce you to the importance of addressing the arguments made, not the arguments you wish were made.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I never said ‘staying in the EU’ I pointed out the damage being done by the totally unnecessary Tory decision to leave the Customs Union, which nobody voted for.

It was the EU that said we couldn't be half in and half out. 

Had we had the option to stay in the Customs Union without being bound by all the rules and regulations of the empire building EU politicians then I am sure we would have taken it. In fact, that's what the original free market was, and the British people were fine with it. That's how it should have stayed, it's when the federalist project started that the problems began. The over-reach by EU politicians was a huge mistake.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It was the EU that said we couldn't be half in and half out. 

Had we had the option to stay in the Customs Union without being bound by all the rules and regulations of the empire building EU politicians then I am sure we would have taken it. In fact, that's what the original free market was, and the British people were fine with it. That's how it should have stayed, it's when the federalist project started that the problems began. The over-reach by EU politicians was a huge mistake.

Your revisionism is noted.